What's new

India's northeast speaks out against racism

sis I am offended. You are a lady, under no circumstances you should try to point fingers at your own gender. The ornament they were wearing are part of their culture, in ne among tribals women has been the most respected memmber. rapes rarely happens, once in blue moon. You will be surprised to know that the concept of patriarcy has no place in tribal sociely.
please respect women, as a woman you should have known better

I am sorry. I just used that rhetorically to fob off that guy. I did not mean disrespect to those women. That was not a decoration but a device invented by the tribe to avoid capture and rape. That was a very very ingenious and brave thing they did. They have all my respects for that. So please no need for hectoring. No tribal societies are not in any way superior to other societies. Patriarchy entered Northern India because of the Islamic invasion. Otherwise before that there were plenty of women ruled societies all over "mainland" India too. So please let us not get into who is superior and who is inferior.

As a woman I do know better. Political correctness is not what I think serves women's interest best.

The biggest mistake was taking up the arms , it should not have happened. ULFA was the biggest mistake , they pushed us back by atleast 3 decades . without them we could have been the gujrat of east. countless youth lost their lives because of this mayhem of last decades.

The issue of NSCN is completely different though . They have problem with the idea of India itself, although during the final moments of Phizo , he conceded that continued fighting was not in interest of naga people and solution must be found under the framework of Indian constitution, sadly nobody listened to him. I m hopeful naga issue will be settled soon , personally don`t have any objection against greater nagalim as another state within the union, what is your veiw?

I have no problem with greater nagalim, but i have problem with the fact that they are trying to send away other tribes from land they believe to be theirs. I would support a more liberal approach from NSCN.
I agree ULFA was a mistake. I have studied a lot about naga struggle, sorry to mix up both NSCN and ULFA in the same line.

I am sorry. I just used that rhetorically to fob off that guy. I did not mean disrespect to those women. That was not a decoration but a device invented by the tribe to avoid capture and rape. That was a very very ingenious and brave thing they did. They have all my respects for that. So please no need for hectoring. No tribal societies are not in any way superior to other societies. Patriarchy entered Northern India because of the Islamic invasion. Otherwise before that there were plenty of women ruled societies all over "mainland" India too. So please let us not get into who is superior and who is inferior.

As a woman I do know better. Political correctness is not what I think serves women's interest best.
thank you for your understanding. My appologies to you if i offended you somehow, my goal was not to ascertain superority or inferiority complex between societies. I just feel women are safer in NE than other parts india at present. :)

Last edited:
Oh please. Everyone or nearly everyone does that. That decorative tikka is Hindu by the way. Now live with it.
Just leave her ma'am as she is one of those nutjobs who will always loath for anything that is traditional and is more eager to blindly follow some alien culture and traditions.Btw i must clarify the fact that we Bengalis have nothing in common with the Bangaldeshis.We are two separate races.We have followed and preserved our Dharma and traditions since time immemorial and we are extremely proud of being Dharmics.Please don't compare us with them,it's like comparing heaven and hell:-)

I have no problem with greater nagalim, but i have problem with the fact that they are trying to send away other tribes from land they believe to be theirs. I would support a more liberal approach from NSCN.
I agree ULFA was a mistake. I have studied a lot about naga struggle, sorry to mix up both NSCN and ULFA in the same line.
those are the zinga la la people:lol: . some education is necessary to show them the light. The young ones are more level headed though , so future seems to be good. Manipuris will be devastated though.

hank you for your understanding. My appologies to you if i offended you somehow, my goal was not to ascertain superority or inferiority complex between societies. I just feel women are safer in NE than other parts india at present.

Just go through the rape stats of any country in this world. India is still the safest country by a long shot.

those are the zinga la la people:lol: . some education is necessary to show them the light. The young ones are more level headed though , so future seems to be good. Manipuris will be devastated though.

Why will Manipuris be devastated?

ha ha ha
nice one brother.
I dont think Manipuris will give up their land. There has to be give and take. Hopefully one day a solution will be found.
gud ni8 brother
Jai Aai Axom....

ha ha ha
nice one brother.
I dont think Manipuris will give up their land. There has to be give and take. Hopefully one day a solution will be found.
gud ni8 brother
Jai Aai Axom....

What is Axomiya? Is it a name for an inhabitant of Assam? What is the difference between an Assamese and an Axomiya?

Why ?Did a dark and handsome army jawan take your virginity ?
So you're quite fascinated by the term "homosexuality",aren't you:azn:!Well good for you,there is no shame in hiding your true sexuality:lol:.You should rather come forward and openly declare in front of the world that you are proud of being a "Gay":rofl:

Just go through the rape stats of any country in this world. India is still the safest country by a long shot.

Why will Manipuris be devastated?

you cant say the safest, but yeah, with improved mentallity & higher values number of rape cases can be brought down.
To eleminate the crime, strict inhumen measure like cutting down the sexual organ of a rapist will be most effective punishment for me. No one will even dare to touch a woman then.

you cant say the safest, but yeah, with improved mentallity & higher values number of rape cases can be brought down.
To eleminate the crime, strict inhumen measure like cutting down the sexual organ of a rapist will be most effective punishment for me. No one will even dare to touch a woman then.

Of course we need to work on that. Hopefully, within this next decade with a good value system in place, there wont be rapes in the country or at least a rare deed.

It is a shame this still happens, and I'm glad the government takes strong action against the racist elements in our society.

SO rapists will protect us from rape?The Indian forces ran like pussies in 62.Elders still tell of how idiotic Indian soldiers were mowed down by automatic weapons equipped chinese and the "great" Indian army ran away like sissies with Nehru,the then PM of India whining on AIR.

May I remind you that we Arunachalis are not like you mainlanders who get steamrolled by invaders of every stripe throughout your history.All you guys can do is present your posteriors to opponents in hope that they don't kill you.It took outsiders the british to even give you your country..before that India wasn't even there.Even Ashoka and others couldn't unite India.
"India" is a british creation and nothing more.
You seem to have a very superficial grasp (or no grasp) of Indian history. If that were true, we would have ended up as the Persians did: converted entirely to Islam in less than 3 decades. India, even during Muslim and British occupation, has always been run mostly by regional Hindu kings, whose conflicts were managed by centralized empires. The Mughals and the British both derived their power from these kings, and initially lost battles to many of them individually. Obviously, it is much easier to attack balkanized smaller kingdoms individually than attacking them all at once, especially if they hate each other. This is what the British did. "Divide and conquer" isn't a term Indians just throw around for fun; It's how, time after time, groups have managed to attain footholds in the subcontinent and leech off of it.

I for one am grateful that our ancestors fought off conversion, maintaining their honor, dignity, and heritage, even as great empires in East, Central, and West Asia could not.

Last edited:
What is Axomiya? Is it a name for an inhabitant of Assam? What is the difference between an Assamese and an Axomiya?

Yes this is how we call ourselves. Noun for assamese (?)
assamese language = axomiya bhasa
assamese people/community= axomiya manuh/jati

'x' is pronounced as soft 'kh' from back of throat axomiya = akhomiya

ha ha ha
Axamiya is synonym for Assamese. Assamese or Axomiya is the language various native tribes speak in Assam or Axom. Ironically those people are also called as axomiya or assamese. Sometribes like bodo, kuch etc beg to differ but most people from the state are proud assamese. Religion, caste etc are not a barrier.

Yes this is how we call ourselves. Noun for assamese (?)
assamese language = axomiya bhasa
assamese people/community= axomiya manuh/jati

'x' is pronounced as soft 'kh' from back of throat axomiya = akhomiya

Thanks for the explanation. I was pronouncing the X as "ex" all this while.

So you're quite fascinated by the term "homosexuality",aren't you:azn:!Well good for you,there is no shame in hiding your true sexuality:lol:.You should rather come forward and openly declare in front of the world that you are proud of being a "Gay":rofl:
Sorry,straight guy here.Search for a boyfriend somewhere else:rofl:
Don't mock gays dude:tsk: You guys owe the very existence of your nation to gays and those rumoured to have homosexual tendencies.M.K. Gandhi.Lord mountbatten,Nehru and all.

Back
Top Bottom