What's new

India's Olympics shame, once again

India will take another decade to increase the tally of medals at Olympics. Our generation had to struggle a lot with studies and it is still there because of stiff competition. Sports does not guarantee a successful career but education does (in India).

China USA UK govt spend considerable amount of money on rigorous training, while Indian govt cannot afford to do same or does not believe that priority right now is to spend on sports.

I do not see it as shame personally considering that Olympics have very recently picked up in our nation (last 2 Olympics). People have not shown interest in the past decades hence motivation from the nation as a whole was lacking.

Thanks,
I am not sure of the decade thing. We could very well treble our tally at Rio provided we focus on our strengths. Archery, shooting, badminton, wrestling, boxing, badminton must be some of our focus areas for the coming Olympics. In the meantime, we should move to new avenues that includes athletics, swimming, weightlifting to name a few. Enabling our sport-persons compete at international meets regularly and whet the appetite for medals is the key here.

Nindak niyare rakhiye aangan kuti chhawaye;
Bin sabun pani bina nirmal karat subhaye.

(Keep a critic near you in your backyard for they will help you cleanse yourself without soap and water)

Yea, we did poorly compared to our potential. We missed so many gold medals from gymnastics, weightlifting, shooting, even judo, etc.
I'm still pretty disappointed in the performance of our athletes that were favorites to win gold but really crumbled under pressure. I'm proud of the athletes that performed to their ability and won gold and the new comers that won gold.

We could have beaten USA in the gold medal count, yet we have blown out just so many chances, not just being blackout by the western referees.

Hopefully we can take a lesson from the London Olympic Games, and to perform better in the Rio Olympic Games.

Your regime seems to have no problem spending all that money on missions to mars, moon, building nukes and missiles and all that nonsense. While your children are dying of starvation, no clean drinking water, no toilets, rubbish all over the place, etc.
So I'm very surprised the Indian regime has not spent money on sports.
Clearly the regime has their priorities all sorted out.

Thanks for your comment.

The issue is very critical, please note that one cannot eradicate poverty by boosting money in the system. It has to be undertaken through right projects. Already govt is spending decent amount of money on education. Besides that lot of NGOs are working on child education and trying to make sure that not only literacy improves but also quality education is delivered to all.

There are fault in the system but in a democratic establishment, it is not possible to impose growth (education, toilets and other problems you raised).

The budget is allocated to different departments of the establishment. The moon mission, mars mission, weapons are must for over all development of our nation. And most importantly national security is the top priority of any nation. It is absurd to say that stop the mars mission and give that money for education. What will you do with that money? Not that state govts don't get their share of budget but if they are not using it effectively it is not the problem of ISRO or defence forces.

In simple words, one can't say that he will not pay the rent and use that money for eating food, he has to eat food and pay rent at the same time with the money he has.

The article:lol: Bunch of whiners really, they are never happy.
yeah we do, but it's a small region of the country.

913277392_68dccbcfe5_o.jpg

shomal.jpg

iran_caspian_shomal_khazar.jpg

20100725083018_pict7634.jpg

Re. the thread: I think India will improve greatly in the coming decades. But at the same time I don't understand why they're not doing much better than they are now.

shame shame shame ? WTF is wrong Olympics shame ? china india pakistan ? games hain koi zindgi maut ka masla nhi ok STF these threads

Your regime seems to have no problem spending all that money on missions to mars, moon, building nukes and missiles and all that nonsense. While your children are dying of starvation, no clean drinking water, no toilets, rubbish all over the place, etc.

lol everything is so honey &milk in celestial land that over rich and overfed chinese are using container to sail across western nations. Adventure !!.

Thats a lot of 50 cents earned one day..............

Clearly, our regime never conducted any nuclear tests just after killing millions in Great Leap forward.

Back
Top Bottom