What's new

India's patience on terror not unlimited: Robert Gates

I will put a nail in your body.. Now see your coffin with the body.

1) We assured but India back stabbed us through Afghanistan. There were no terror camps it was just like Sheo Saina BJP. Which means it could potentially threaten Pakistan's existence when you have people like Saina etc Your army trailed Col Pro whatever about the Sanjhota which means you still have bastards like that in your army.

2) U.S. has asked India to stop doing lula stuff in Balochistan but you never stopped. They have raised the issue..Roberts Gates did...at least he told the media...

How cow's angel you guys are!
Your brain works like a goat and you blabber like a dog.
Don't bother to reply. Just absorb what I said and sleep.

and Musharaf told you that he would take action against terror camps in Waziristan which he did. I don't know which terror camps are you talking about. So who got the wrong idea? We are still taking action but are willing to see Sheo thingi to be hanged in Islamabad for the crimes he did.
Tit for tat.

Now Indian mentality

Blame game.
Why the green earth I wrote in this thread.

Again from where have you done your schooling?

- To put nails in coffin is an idiom.

- You need to post with more sensitivity and less spelling errors to get appropriate response.

- Do put head in water, it is winter time, and you require warm water.

GL

U.S. has asked India to stop doing lula stuff in Balochistan but you never stopped. They have raised the issue..Roberts Gates did...at least he told the media...

Source please.....

Sheo thingi to be hanged in Islamabad for the crimes he did.
what the f u mean by this?.............. for your information Shiv[which u keep calling Sheo] is a GOD for Hindus ... i am pretty sure u dont mean it thou...

PS : off topic.....
Why the green earth I wrote in this thread.
Earth izzz bloooooooooooooo.......

Last edited:
Again from where have you done your schooling?

- To put nails in coffin is an idiom.

- You need to post with more sensitivity and less spelling errors to get appropriate response.

- Do put head in water, it is winter time, and you require warm water.

GL

I know it is an idiom.
Can you tell the spelling mistakes please?

I seriously dont know what to make of Gates' statement. That may be or may not be true. India may choose to respond militarily or may not.

However, IMHO, I believe that the present state of belligerent posturing by both India and Pakistan is the right thing to do.

The so called Jihadi gangs thrive on chaos and are trying to scuttle any peace process between India and Pakistan. By carrying out attacks on soft targets in Indian cities, these morons and mofos are trying to instigate a war so that the pressure that Pak army has put on them might be relived. NATO is hammering these perverts in Afghanistan while the Pak army is at them in Pakistan, denying them a much needed respite from their perverted version of Jihad. If they successfully happen to instigate a conflict between India and Pakistan, PA has no choice but to move its resources from fighting these scum to face the Indian military juggernaut, giving the talitubbies a free reign in those bad borderlands.

Given such a scenario, GoI was very right in showing restraint in not taking any military action against Pakistan or its territory used for such nefarious activities. However, the angry tone presented by GoI to Pakistan in diplomatic circles is enough for Pakistan to maintain a small part of its resources on its eastern borders while keeping the militants engaged in its western borders and not giving them any respite or opportunities to disrupt the status quo vis-a-vis India. This attitude plays very well to maintain a resemblence of peace in the region while going full throttle at the militants.

I think there's an implicit understanding between the GoI and the Pakistani establishment & GoP (note these are two different power centers GoI has to deal with) to maintain this level of tension.

I wouldn't be surprised if, in case there's an attack in India, GoI decides to undertake a small military action, and the Pak establishment looks the other way, either out of desperate choice or immense international pressure!

So, in view of above possibilities, Gates' statement can be construed as a definite warning to the Pak establishment about what to expect least a terrorist attack occurs in India originating from Pakistani soil or citizens.

Thanks, but I have better sources to rely on. There is absolutely no confusion in our mind as to whether Pakistan is involved in anti-civilian activities in India or not. (Note that by Pakistan, it is meant to be Pakistani establishment and not ordinary citizens.) Here is a video you should watch in this context. Listen carefully to what the Pakistani analysts have to say there. If you are open minded, you would get the indication.

I'm sure you do, only because the source does not suit your taste so you come up with the argument that you have better sources though he is an Indian but nevertheless, a Pakistani educationist "Pervaiz Hoodbouy" become more important and relevant to you for your own convenience. As I said earlier there are different POVs, different people hold. As far as the confidence about Pakistan being involved in anti-civilian activities goes, what exactly leaves no confusion in your mind about the involvement? any proofs? there has been times when you and the whole of India was 200% sure about Pakistans involvement and in the end you were only embarrassed that it was your own Colonel from M.I etc etc, so please spare me with your typical indian mind set that is based on nothing but assumptions motivated by hate.

That is why these matters cannot be solved in courts of a law. It is for the nation to decide what is best for its protection and act accordingly, no court of law can bar any nation to do what is necessary for its security and integrity.

Ever heard of U.N security Council and ICJ ?
oh, I'm sorry the last experience of going to U.N was not very pleasant so ..... :no:

Think? Phew...are we really on the same level pal? You think people here are nerds? Who will initiate attack against a neighboring country just because they *think* so? Level up, my friend...that cannot be the kind of argument you would provide to prove your point.

yeah lets level up, all your claims are based on "we think" "we are sure" and "we have no confusion" please provide substantial evidence to the International Media and embarrass us, we are waiting.

I know the answer already...we all do. But you must realize that it is not something that Pakistan can use to hold back an Indian retaliation forever. If it is to boil down to war...it will.

Trust me brother we have alot of toys to hold all sorts of adventures and if really boils down to that it will be devastating for everyone.
But I must say that Gates has done his job.

:cheers:

To Barret

Two more points to put final nails in the coffin:

1) Pervez Musharraf assured India to dismantle the terror camps in Pakistan in 2002. Which means direct confession that there are terror camps in Pakistan.

2) US and other nations have asked Pakistan a number of times to dismantle terrorist training facilities. (Latest)

I'm not an ignorant fool who will defend his country just because it makes him feel good. There were/are training camps in Pakistan and there is a Military Operation going on right now, ever heard of Rah-e-rast? which was a huge success in swat valley and Rah-e-nijat that is underway right now, Pakistani military is doing whatever possible in its capacity to eliminate these dogs which most people claim to be supported by you know who, so lets not go there because I will not talk like one of the politicians from both India and Pakistan and will only make such claims when we have substantial evidence and not only opinions and assumptions. Lets cross the bridge when we get to it.

Hammering Nails into an empty coffin will only make it a wooden box and not a coffin.

I'm sure you do, only because the source does not suit your taste so you come up with the argument that you have better sources though he is an Indian but nevertheless, a Pakistani educationist "Pervaiz Hoodbouy" become more important and relevant to you for your own convenience.

Certainly, you would think so. But that is not the truth. I do not select my source according to my taste, I have not developed any taste to hate Pakistan. After all what is my convenience for blaming Pakistan when I honestly do not have any hard feelings for it? Do I want war? No! Do Indians in general want war? No. But if war remains the only choice left to be exercised, when all else has failed, then it is perfectly justified.

I select my source based on other pragmatic criteria, like, from where it is coming from (its historicity), what is the quality of information they have, what is the quality of argument they present, the credibility of the person arguing, and so on. Your source did not fit into these criteria.

As I said earlier there are different POVs, different people hold. As far as the confidence about Pakistan being involved in anti-civilian activities goes, what exactly leaves no confusion in your mind about the involvement? any proofs? there has been times when you and the whole of India was 200% sure about Pakistans involvement and in the end you were only embarrassed that it was your own Colonel from M.I etc etc, so please spare me with your typical indian mind set that is based on nothing but assumptions motivated by hate.

Again, you need to re-read my posts. Think of implicative evidences, think of news reports suggesting tracks leading to Pakistan and Pakistan based groups claiming responsibilities for attacks in India, think of Pakistani leaders calling the products of terror camps in Pakistan as "freedom fighters".

You seek hard-core evidence as if such evidences can be manufactured. As I said before, it is not in the hands of investigators to bring any such hard-core evidences when the schemers are in some other country and even more so when the establishment of that nation is, at some level, itself involved in scheming. But then there are plethora of suggestive and implicative evidences, which you can collect from various sources, of so many years of state-sponsored terrorism. I certainly gave you one in my earlier post, and there are more such information on this very forum, you just need to look.

Let me also tell you that every time there has been terrorist attacks in India whose tracks have led to Pakistan, India has provided evidence to Pakistan, and Pakistan has most of the time discarded those evidences. A perfect example is of Kasab, who Pakistan completely disowned initially, despite evidences of him being a Pakistani was shared with Pakistan by India. Eventually, though Pakistan had to admit that Kasab is Pakistani national. You know why? Not because of evidences but because of immense international pressure. So why would Pakistan try to hide its face, if it is not involved? That is just one example out of numerous other.

Now of late, since 2003-04, Pakistan has started to blame India for attacks there, just to make an impression that if their deeds are wrong then India is in the same league, while this is completely false, as it is absolutely against the interest of India to destabilize Pakistan and see it become a rogue nation.

My friend, no one in India has developed any notion against Pakistan out of his imagination and we have not to come to believe that Pakistan is involved in anti-India activities overnight. It has taken years and we have watched very closely, that is the first thing you need to understand. The other point to understand is that it is Pakistan that wants to tear away Kashmir from India, and prominent sections of Pakistani establishment considers every means to fulfill this cause. (That is why I posted that video, and also because there were more known and informed people involved there) India on the other hand has no ill-feelings for Pakistan.

Ever heard of U.N security Council and ICJ ?
oh, I'm sorry the last experience of going to U.N was not very pleasant so ..... :no:

It seems you did not get my point. I said, matters between nations are not and cannot be decided in courts. Who is UN to decide over India's territorial issue?

yeah lets level up, all your claims are based on "we think" "we are sure" and "we have no confusion" please provide substantial evidence to the International Media and embarrass us, we are waiting.

Some very authentic evidences comes through the media itself, what are you talking about? You have already been embarrassed in the international community, it is another thing that your establishment does not deem fit to let you know that.

Trust me brother we have alot of toys to hold all sorts of adventures and if really boils down to that it will be devastating for everyone.
But I must say that Gates has done his job.

I don't have to trust you for that, I already know. Again people here are not so fool as you might be suspecting, and there is the catch.

Last edited:
I'm not an ignorant fool who will defend his country just because it makes him feel good. There were/are training camps in Pakistan and there is a Military Operation going on right now, ever heard of Rah-e-rast? which was a huge success in swat valley and Rah-e-nijat that is underway right now, Pakistani military is doing whatever possible in its capacity to eliminate these dogs which most people claim to be supported by you know who, so lets not go there because I will not talk like one of the politicians from both India and Pakistan and will only make such claims when we have substantial evidence and not only opinions and assumptions. Lets cross the bridge when we get to it.

The fact that you know that there are training camps in Pakistan makes it aptly clear that you are aware that terrorists activities against India have been carried out from Pakistani soil. And if I tell you that Pakistan was unwilling to accept that there are training camps in Pakistan before Pervez Musharraf agreed to dismantle them in 2002, would you accept that? Why Pakistan never conceded to there being terrorist camps in Pakistan, despite being details and locations provided by India and US, you must ask that question to yourself.

How come Kargil happened, if Pakistani establishment is such a saint? They could have declared a proper war, but instead they chose to initiate an infiltration of army, so that they somehow become capable of capturing some land of Kashmir, as quietly and swiftly as possible. I ask you and every Pakistani to see the obvious. Does India eyes any part of Pakistan? Is it in India's interest to destabilize Pakistan? On the other hand Pakistan surely does ogle Kashmir and will do everything (including supporting insurgency and terrorism) to force India to leave it, that is the truth.

Now as far as your military operations against those terrorist camps that have begun, there are number of reasons for that. Firstly and most importantly, Pakistan is under tremendous US and international pressure to do so. Secondly, the terrorist from these camps have become imminent threat to Pakistan itself. Thirdly, the terrorists mentors are no longer in control of Pakistani establishment, they have become rogue for Pakistan.

If you are still anyway willing to consider India as having a negative role in Pakistan, then you have been thoroughly deceived, and I cannot present any argument to make you think otherwise.

It's almost like the Gates is cheering on India to fight...

No its like saying US cant stop India every time it had in the past. Be like Parliament , Kargil and mumbai ... every time US influenced it but this time , even US cant do anything, Just a Quick Reality ........ for the ones who think US also stop India in future like in the past and they get away with that,

No its like saying US cant stop India every time it had in the past. Be like Parliament , Kargil and mumbai ... every time US influenced it but this time , even US cant do anything, Just a Quick Reality ........ for the ones who think US also stop India in future like in the past and they get away with that,

You nailed it!

@ Valiant_Soul

Brother I don't see this argument going anywhere, when Pakistan wasn't taking action against the terrorist camps you said we support them and now when have taken action against them you say its because of International pressure, let me tell you one thing no country takes decisions unless they are in her own interests, but then again thats your POV and mine is different from yours. As far as Kargil is concerned Kashmir is a disputed territory and if you can occupy the land with force Pakistan has every right to re-occupy with force. If you think I have been deceived about Indias negative role towards disruption in Pakistan please do some research about the Huge cache of Indian arms found in the very same terrorist camps used against you, this is mind boggling as I fail to comprehend why would india supply arms to someone who will use them against her.
As far as your argument about "who is U.N to decide India's territorial disputes" I would say "A little knowledge is a Dangerous Thing" you don't even know that it was Nehru who went running to U.N for his territorial disputes and when the verdict was not in your favor, it was very conveniently ignored, hypocrisy at its best.
RAW has been involved in terrorist activities in Pakistan and "Sarabjit Singh" is someone who should be an embarrassment to you but since you are not willing to admit that your establishment has been involved in any terrorist activities in Pakistan and all they do is ring bells in Mandirs then I suppose we are only being ignorant.
Brother this argument will not take us anywhere and neither will talks of War as suggested by Gates who comes from a country whose reputation is tainted itself and they only look towards aggression as a solution to everything.
Mistakes have been made from both sides of the border and it is only the masses who have suffered and only the Weapons manufacturers from both U.S and Russia who have benefited from the tensions between the two countries.
Despite all the disagreement we have atleast i'm happy that we were able to have an argument in a mature and civilized manner.

Last edited:
What will India do?

You don't have the military power to take us on.

After the 2002 failure, India has been assessing and reassessing with one doctrine after another how they can do it. India's forces have flat out rejected the doctrines as not being enough. No matter how many times you right down your super duper plans about conquering Pakistan, they will end up in one way only. Total Annihilation of India. Perhaps Pakistan too, but when imposed with war, we will take you guys down as well.

You can't do squat. When India drummed up 1 million men to fight Pakistan we were there staring eyeball to eyeball. We were ready, we didn't back off first, India blinked. Not because the US told it to back off, after 10 months, it assessed that it really wasn't possible to dent Pakistan.

Today with the JF-17s and BVR capability, the new ships in PN, the new SAM batteries, the new Cruise Missiles, you feeling more confident now? Gates is just massaging your ego...

What will India do?

You don't have the military power to take us on.

After the 2002 failure, India has been assessing and reassessing with one doctrine after another how they can do it. India's forces have flat out rejected the doctrines as not being enough. No matter how many times you right down your super duper plans about conquering Pakistan, they will end up in one way only. Total Annihilation of India. Perhaps Pakistan too, but when imposed with war, we will take you guys down as well.

You can't do squat. When India drummed up 1 million men to fight Pakistan we were there staring eyeball to eyeball. We were ready, we didn't back off first, India blinked. Not because the US told it to back off, after 10 months, it assessed that it really wasn't possible to dent Pakistan.

Today with the JF-17s and BVR capability, the new ships in PN, the new SAM batteries, the new Cruise Missiles, you feeling more confident now? Gates is just massaging your ego...

Asim I think deep down within your heart you know that if India does launch punitative strikes in Pakistani territory against militant camps who breach the Indian border, it is highly unlikely that Pakistan will react in the manner you suggested. Fact of the matter is that nukes are only a last resort in any war. Only likely to be used if the Indian army comes into Pakistani territory and starts a genocide against Pakistani civilians etc. Given the current deployment of the Pakistani army, the chances of a 1 to 1 conflict between the 2 nations are unlikely. There is a better chance of a few airstrikes by India against militant camps and at the most a breach of the border by a few battalions to sort out those camps and return. This posturing is being promoted by Gates and as I indicated earlier, it is most likely to be supported by the west who will prod India on should Pakistan become unco operative with the West. A large scale allied troop deployment on your border with Afghanistan and Indian troops amassed at your border with India. Who do you turn to ? Certainly not the ghostbusters :D

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom