What's new

India's peaceful intentions are there for all to see

malhot

New Recruit

Reaction score
After the 1974 Indian Atom blast - India never threatened Pakistan nor attacked it, even though it solely had the upper hand.

India never attacked Pakistan after the atom blast? What have you been taking lately? Does Eastern Pakistan ring you a bell?

After the 1974 Indian Atom blast - India never threatened Pakistan nor attacked it, even though it solely had the upper hand.

Were you there at that time??

There is a reason why we also dicided to have the BOMB. Because if it was'nt for AQkhan, you people would be acting like you are our fathers. But no, after we got the bomb, it was us who shut you up and put you where you belong. A superpowerwannabe

WebMaster: Bangladesh War was in 1971. The Indian bomb was detonated in 1974.

Thunder: There was peace in the sub continent, till Pak got its Bomb 14 years later.

India never threatened Pak despite having the bomb. Give credit where it is due. India wants peace with Pak.

Define peace? India has created violence and war... Now it wants to win it. That's not peace.

Heck in 1998 India threatened to take over Lahore after the tests! Forget 74, we were all there in 98, so who are you really kidding? You're actually pointing out the creation of a weapon of mass destruction and saying "look this is related to India's peaceful intentions?"

We have to assume that when India created the bomb, it was going to use it. When India buys billions of dollars of weaponry, India is going to use it.

Wrong I do not think India will wage a war on Pakistan or vice versa now, It affects economy . It sends wrong mesage to investors and inhibits growth.

Now the economy is being woven into foreign threads and now Development has
picked up pace. India is on path to compete with established power like china in nearly every field. It has too much to loose.

I live in US but whenever I visit India nowadays I am myself astonished. I do agree the development is not even and still there is lot of poverty and social issues/

The next war will be on economic front and in economy everything takes backseat compared to money.

I am happy to see India lead by economist, And I have high regards for Pakistani primeminister too.

India and peaceful intentions.....these words look odd being used in the same line.

Forget about Pakistan.....India ever had peaceful intentions against any of its neighbours? it devoured three neighbouring states...GOA, Hydrabad and Junaghar ( maybe i miss pronouced the name )...actively on killing rampage in kashmir......chaos in sri lanka...east pakistan....nepal...bhuton......If these are all peaceful intentions...i wonder what would be agressive state.

Internal conflicts are in any nation, Especially considering diverse nature of Society.

India is a multi ethnic and multi religious society still it has managed to bind itself together and doing well in Economy.

Though I must agree the development has not percolated to all sections of Society.

Comparatively Indian neighbors do not face the same problems.

Pakistan - Nearly All Muslims has still has so many problems I think it is difficult to Rule and quite a few coups have happened since Independence. But so many conflicting threads are mingled with Indians that its difficult survive and Rule without criticizing India. But good thing is that its doing good despite odds.

Sri Lanka- Has problems with LTTE since India has lots of Tamils it is Obvious to try to link the two.

Bangladesh - India has a big Refugee problem they have affected Demographies in Assam and neighboring states. Infact if you visit certain areas of Mumbai you can see whole lot of Bangladeshis.

Nepal- Was only Hindu nation till recently it has been affected by Maoist similar to Maoist in India. This nation is so sensitive that even a rumour that movie start Hrithik Rohsan criticizing Nepal created riots against India.

China- Dalai lama with his supporters sought refuge in India, But still India has not supported Independence of Tibet, China is occupying Aksai chin which India lay claim on, And china disputes Arunachal Pradesh.

WebMaster: Bangladesh War was in 1971. The Indian bomb was detonated in 1974.

Isn't that enough to tell you that India was threatening us, and building up its military because we gave them *** whopping times in 1965?

India and peaceful intentions.....these words look odd being used in the same line.

Forget about Pakistan.....India ever had peaceful intentions against any of its neighbours? it devoured three neighbouring states...GOA, Hydrabad and Junaghar ( maybe i miss pronouced the name )...actively on killing rampage in kashmir......chaos in sri lanka...east pakistan....nepal...bhuton......If these are all peaceful intentions...i wonder what would be agressive state.

Goa and Hyderabad was forcefully annexed, so what?That was during the time qwhen the counry was evolving.

What did we do in nepal and Bhutan?

Its your army who commmited atrocities.And that too against your own people.

Isn't that enough to tell you that India was threatening us, and building up its military because we gave them *** whopping times in 1965?
Come on webby, now you are flattering yourself. The nuke test by Indian in 1974 was for China not for you guys. Its was never for you guys, it has never been needed.

What was it about 1965? We hear that Pak GHQ bought some 22,000 copies of a book titled "The Myth of Victory: 1965" or something like that. List out what aims were achieved - the result of the report card.:coffee:

Your countrys air force was trashed.

You army was retreated..

Your navy was disbanded, or lets say was under so called maintenance cause of PNS Ghazi.

To an extent yes, in the initial stages, but during the later stages both Afs were in a more or less slogging match. It made no diff to the ground war.
You army was retreated..
You are seeing it the other way around. At the cost of beating an already flogged horse; Why did the war start?
- You know of Op Gibraltar - launched in August 1965 - and its aims. The infiltrators were rounded up and Haji Pir was captured by IA and Uri and Poonch linked up for the first time since 1947.
- PA launched Grand Slam when Op Gibraltar failed.
- Akhnoor was on the verge of falling, and IA made a two prong attack to releave the pressure from Akhnoor.

All the actions by IA in 1965 were to relieve pressure from one area or the other, at no time was capture of ground the aim.

All IA objectives were achieved.
What military objectives did PA achieve apart from Chamb? nothing. So much so that PA had to again revert to mini Kargils (on Rd Akhnoor-Sundarbani-Rajouri) after the ceasefire to achieve some bargaining leverage in Tashkent. Your 31 Balochi was pushed out from there, ask them.
Your navy was disbanded, or lets say was under so called maintenance cause of PNS Ghazi
That is hyperbole and you know it. A few shells in Dwarka achived is a show and nothing beyond that.

It was foolish of Shstri to agree to a ceasefire since you guys were down to your last leg of tank and aircraft ammo.

1965 the pakistani air force saved pakistan.
The general's as normal where pathetic. SNATCHING DEFEAT FROM THE JAWS OF VICTORY

You army was retreated..

Your navy was disbanded, or lets say was under so called maintenance cause of PNS Ghazi.
How could things be so drastically different six years later?

Back
Top Bottom