What's new

India’s PM to attend temple groundbreaking at disputed site

There maybe influence i dont deny, Many earlier scholar of Islam were Persians who converted mostly from your religion, so they may have assimilated few things here and there which don't contradict Islam, but Basic of Islam is Holy Quran and Sunnah (way of Prophet Muhammad (saww)) not Persian scholars.

There are even debates about Hindu'ism influence on Muslims in subcontinent.

I am not even getting into Islam sir. It's a personal no go area for me.

Simply referencing your statement about Parsis being fire worshippers.

Thanks and regards,

Doc

India’s PM to attend temple groundbreaking at disputed site

EMILY SCHMALL

today

NEW DELHI (AP) — Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi will attend a groundbreaking ceremony next month for a Hindu temple on a disputed site in northern India where a 16th century mosque was torn down by Hindu hard-liners in 1992, according to the trust overseeing the temple construction.

The ceremony is set for Aug. 5, a date organizers said was astrologically auspicious for Hindus but that also marks a year since the Indian Parliament revoked the semi-autonomous status of its only Muslim-majority state, Jammu and Kashmir.

The symbolism was impossible to miss for both supporters and opponents of Modi’s Hindu nationalist Bharatiya Janata Party, or BJP, whose manifesto had for decades included pledges to strip restive Kashmir’s autonomy and to build a temple to the Hindu god Ram where the Mughal-era mosque once stood, a site in the city of Ayodhya in Uttar Pradesh state that devotees believe to be Ram’s birthplace.

Because the coronavirus is still rampaging across India, which has reported the world’s third-highest caseload, the ceremony will be broadcast live on state television and the number of participants and spectators will be limited, according to Vishwa Hindu Parishad, or the World Hindu Organization, a Hindu nationalist group allied with the BJP.

The temple will serve as “an enduring and immortal beaming center of social harmony, national unity and integration and awakening of the feeling of Hindutva,” or Hindu way of life, the organization’s spokesperson Vinod Bansal said in a news release Saturday.

A century-long dispute over the site was resolved last year following the BJP’s landslide election victory. In November, the Supreme Court ruled in favor of the temple trust, saying that Muslim petitions would be given five acres at an alternative site.

Hindus hard-liners have long contended that Mughal Muslim invaders built a mosque on top of a preexisting temple in the ancient city of Ayodya.

A December 1992 riot following the destruction of the mosque sparked communal violence in which about 2,000 people were killed, mostly Muslims.

Meanwhile, the trial in the demolition court case continues to be heard in a special court.

An architect from Ahmedabad, Gujarat, Modi’s home state, has proposed a towering sandstone structure 161 feet (49 meters) high with five domes.

Yogi Adityanath, Uttar Pradesh’s chief minister and a Hindu monk, requested that Ayodhya hold a special cleaning and purification ceremony and for all of the city’s temples to light oil lamps ahead of Modi’s visit, the Press Trust of India news agency reported.

Adityanath said the occasion marked the end of a “500-year struggle,” PTI reported.

https://apnews.com/0586adad7d0d9c2b30672b9b9c46c5ae#:~:text=NEW DELHI (AP) — Indian,trust overseeing the temple construction.
Ayodhya is to Hindus what Mecca is to Muslims. No compromise on pilgrimage site

We have just taken only one temple back out of 40000 destroyed by Islamic rulers. Its revenge shall be taken with those who consider themselves to be their descendant. Those who dreams of Gazawa e Hind shall be wiped out of Akhsnd bharat.

Even one is abhorrent
Your idol worship is abhorrent

This is why India was broken

Keeping these people together in one utterly shitty India is a travesty

Your SC can't be trusted, your state has become extremist

Their is utterly no point in Indian Muslims or even other Indian minorities in supporting such a hindutva extremist state against the Chinese or anyone

Partition India now

The only thing that is undisputed is that on December 6, 1992, a mob of fanatical Hindus razed a mosque.

Okay, now you do nothing about it.
Its birthplace of ram, we do not want to destroy all of those mosque who were built on after temple destruction but Ayodhya is different and has same significance as Mecca is for you.

Even one is abhorrent
Your idol worship is abhorrent

This is why India was broken

Keeping these people together in one utterly shitty India is a travesty

Your SC can't be trusted, your state has become extremist

Their is utterly no point in Indian Muslims or even other Indian minorities in supporting such a hindutva extremist state against the Chinese or anyone

Partition India now

Well if we go by history we can partition your country but you cant. Ever since generations you are dreaming for J&K so its better for both countries to stay where they are.

Its birthplace of ram, we do not want to destroy all of those mosque who were built on after temple destruction but Ayodhya is different and has same significance as Mecca is for you.

I don't think all Hindus, or even a simple majority in India share your views on other mosques built on forcibly demolished temples.

What I predict is a realignment of legislation and nomenclature.

This will no longer be a fight between Indian Hindus and Indian Muslims.

This will be Indian State versus Enemy Property.

Much in the same mold as Jinnah House in Bombay.

The Parsi Wadias have been fighting for decades for rights to that property.

Best of luck to anyone any less connected and affluent.

Cheers, Doc

Well if we go by history we can partition your country but you cant. Ever since generations you are dreaming for J&K so its better for both countries to stay where they are.

How can it be a birth place of a weird blue mythological creature

This is a utterly ridiculous assertion

Your System of law is a fraud is this travesty of justice is allowed and citizens rights are violated in the name of myth

The only thing that is undisputed is that on December 6, 1992, a mob of fanatical Hindus razed a mosque.
No . The case of that is going on against people , so can't be called as undisputed.

But land dispute is over ... this temple is undisputed now ... all 3 parties agreed to the final settlement .

The equivalence is misleading.

If Ayodhya was truly significant as Mecca was to Muslims, there would be recorded evidence of Hindu worship (as the birthplace of Ram) at the site (or any site) that predated the Muslim rule in the region.

There are no Hindu scriptures that attribute any religious significance to such places of birth. In fact, Valmiki, the author of the Ramayana, never did mention that worship at such places was an essential part of Hindu faith.

Mecca, on the other hand, has a distinguished place in Islam, confirmed by scripture and forms an essential part of worship.

I stand convinced that had a Muslim mosque not existed on the spot, the status of Ayodhya would not be as exalted as it is today. Perhaps it would be just another stop on the circuit of Hindu pilgrimage sites. It is also entirely possible, that there would be other competing claims for such a birthplace.

You cannot deny that much of this hoopla is related to a triumph over Islam. Ironically, it is nothing but the same iconoclasm that the medieval Muslim kings stand accused of today.

No . The case of that is going on against people , so can't be called as undisputed.

But land dispute is over ... this temple is undisputed now ... all 3 parties agreed to the final settlement .

Can you tell me how Ram Lalla, who was a claimant to the dispute, agreed to the final settlement?

I find that a really icky way to get around the faith stuff (because you can then do things with underlying intent but not clear official intent...and that just leaves scope for argument and angst anyway)....but I get where you are coming from...esp if its a more recent modern kind of building with no real historic value etc....but of course even with this a consensus of its worshippers and its trust has to be taken for its sale etc.

I have always been proponent to leave ancient legacy places of worship to be as they are (as default)....whatever their history of people's actions who are long dead now. You learn the right and wrong from it and leave it there imo....resurfacing these things just bring up old wounds....and I do not see any scope to bring theological purism of earlier era... in today's modern world downstream....especially specifically for politics and mobs.

But appraently, this could not have been done with a status mosque/temple though (like babri masjid) in India we have today.... given the mob do or die, black or white issue out of it...and politics of course having to get involved.

I hate what this mob has done....and they seem emboldened. The then UP CM and Indian PM failed in 1992 big time...no doubt about it....just like our PM now failed in 2002 for a mob action of far worse kind.

How India survives its mob culture ascendancy today we will see. Thank God SC has been crystal clear that babri masjid is a one-off w.r.t Places of Worship Act....by arguing the case history goes back before the time the act took hold from (current Indian political independence).

I read your comment and do not have anything to offer to disagree with what you have noted, with the exception of the last paragraph, where you seem to allude that the Supreme Court, with this judgement, has put an end to future changes in the status of mosques. On the contrary, the Supreme Court has provided a template on how to use the legal route to convert mosques to anything you want, by using the "adverse possession" clause.

Look what is presently happening at Varanasi. Under the guise of access, the Muslim neighborhoods around the Gyan Vyapi mosque are being cleared. When Muslims will not be living around the mosque, the attendance will dwindle to a trickle. Soon access to the mosque will be limited under "safety" or "ASI guidelines". With no worshipers at the mosque, another case of adverse possession will be filed, and the same script will be enacted.

The equivalence is misleading.

If Ayodhya was truly significant as Mecca was to Muslims, there would be recorded evidence of Hindu worship (as the birthplace of Ram) at the site (or any site) that predated the Muslim rule in the region.

There are no Hindu scriptures that attribute any religious significance to such places of birth. In fact, Valmiki, the author of the Ramayana, never did mention that worship at such places was an essential part of Hindu faith.

Mecca, on the other hand, has a distinguished place in Islam, confirmed by scripture and forms an essential part of worship.

I stand convinced that had a Muslim mosque not existed on the spot, the status of Ayodhya would not be as exalted as it is today. Perhaps it would be just another stop on the circuit of Hindu pilgrimage sites. It is also entirely possible, that there would be other competing claims for such a birthplace.

You cannot deny that much of this hoopla is related to a triumph over Islam. Ironically, it is nothing but the same iconoclasm that the medieval Muslim kings stand accused of today.

Can you tell me how Ram Lalla, who was a claimant to the dispute, agreed to the final settlement?

I don't know who this Ram lalla you are taking about . The land dispute was between Ram jaman bhumi trust , Nirmohi sect , and care takers of mosque building .

Archeological survey of India was the reason why this land was given to Ram jaman bhumi trust ..... blame centuries old structure resembling a Hindu temple found beneath the mosque .

I don't know who this Ram lalla you are taking about . The land dispute was between Ram jaman bhumi trust , Nirmohi sect , and care takers of mosque building .

Archeological survey of India was the reason why this land was given to Ram jaman bhumi trust ..... blame centuries old structure resembling a Hindu temple found beneath the mosque .

Perhaps you are not to familiar with the court case and the judgement that was accorded. Ram Lalla, a diety, was a party to the dispute. An unheard of practice in the legal world. The judgement was based on adverse possession, and not on evidence of temple.

You can read the Supreme Court Judgement online at your leisure.

Back
Top Bottom