What's new

India’s Population Will Be 1.52 Billion by 2036, With 70% of Increase in Urban Areas

Yup, having just two kids are now quite common in Indonesian family. Previously Indonesian family have at least 3 kids in their family while the majority I believe have 4 kids. My parents for instant have 5 kids. My grandpa from father side have 12 kids and three wifes while my grandpa from mother side has 7 kids.

Yup, having just two kids are now quite common in Indonesian family. Previously Indonesian family have at least 3 kids in their family while the majority I believe have 4 kids. My parents for instant have 5 kids. My grandpa from father side have 12 kids and three wifes while my grandpa from mother side has 7 kids.

Indonesia has many ethnicities with distinct culture, beliefs and ways of life from what I know.

Is there a difference in the amount of children couples belonging to different ethnicities have ?

Do some ethnicities prefer to have more children ?

Is there any taboo around couples not having children at all ? Does the society encourage having children (irrespective of the number of children) ?

Your grandpa from father side is my role model.

Indonesia has many ethnicities with distinct culture, beliefs and ways of life from what I know.

Yup, but Today pretty much people are having similar belief system which is Islam, in the old days many Javanese still have strong bound with pre Islam culture that have relation with Hinduism since Javanese are among the latter who embrace Islam.

Is there a difference in the amount of children couples belonging to different ethnicities have ?

I dont think there is any different, I believe Indonesian Today are more educated and because many women are working, so they tend not to have many children, while in the past most women were just house wives like my mother and also all my grandma. And I also think condom also become one of the reason of the decline of the number of children that current parents have.

Do some ethnicities prefer to have more children ?

I dont think so, but in the past there is a belief saying that more children means we are going to get more rizki from God. During Soeharto regime, there is actually effort from the government to urge family to have only two children. They promote that it is better only to have two children in the family, but after we embrace democracy, there is no such thing like that ever getting promoted anymore by government. Despite so, as I said previously, due to more women enter work force and enjoy having a professional life, they tend not to have children more than two to make their life not getting too much difficulty.

Is there any taboo around couples not having children at all ? Does the society encourage having children (irrespective of the number of children) ?

Well, I believe all married couple prefer to have children, but some just dont have it due to so many reason. One of my aunt for instant doesnt have any children and she adopted one kid to be her daughter.

Yes, society encourage new married couple to have children but people understand that children is related to Allah will, so society and family in general doesnt push any married people to have baby as soon as possible after they get married although when some one put their new born baby on his/her Facebook account, there will be many people who will congratulate him/her.

If India economy goes to shit and they get poorer again then we can see their population spike more.

Those guys would have sex with anything on two legs (or four as has been proved countless times before) and a vagina (or the next available orifice).

Hah hah...be careful or else tuje mar dalengay wo sab. They are experts at mob lynching.

Yup, but Today pretty much people are having similar belief system which is Islam, in the old days many Javanese still have strong bound with pre Islam culture that have relation with Hinduism since Javanese are among the latter who embrace Islam.

I dont think there is any different, I believe Indonesian Today are more educated and because many women are working, so they tend not to have many children, while in the past most women were just house wives like my mother and also all my grandma. And I also think condom also become one of the reason of the decline of the number of children that current parents have.

I dont think so, but in the past there is a belief saying that more children means we are going to get more rizki from God. During Soeharto regime, there is actually effort from the government to urge family to have only two children. They promote that it is better only to have two children in the family, but after we embrace democracy, there is no such thing like that ever getting promoted anymore by government. Despite so, as I said previously, due to more women enter work force and enjoy having a professional life, they tend not to have children more than two to make their life not getting too much difficulty.

Well, I believe all married couple prefer to have children, but some just dont have it due to so many reason. One of my aunt for instant doesnt have any children and she adopted one kid to be her daughter.

Yes, society encourage new married couple to have children but people understand that children is related to Allah will, so society and family in general doesnt push any married people to have baby as soon as possible after they get married although when some one put their new born baby on his/her Facebook account, there will be many people who will congratulate him/her.

Thank you very much for that detailed and comprehensive answer.

I have not met many Indonesians in real life apart from my sister in law (to be) so I do not know much about the country apart from the basic information.

I believe through this forum, I can learn more about Indonesia and many other countries.

Hah hah...be careful or else tuje mar dalengay wo sab. They are experts at mob lynching.

I don't go near BIMARU types they're repulsive, can't find them in Bangladesh, they're bus drivers in Kuwait so I rarely have any interaction with them and in Germany I have not met a single BIMARU yet and I hope to keep it that way.

High population is a double-edged sword. The Chinese recognised this and introduced the one-child policy to curtail their, then, exponential population growth rate. They realised without the proper infrastructure to feed and employ such a large populus, there will be widespread poverty and misery. China now has the infrastructure and then some. India's cumbersome democracy and corrupt leaders do not possess such wisdom and foresight so without urgent intervention, India is a humanitarian disaster in the making.

people should only be allowed to have children they have ability to provide for.

also, by Indian standards,

7a126f2208c14f24a570d4e9128c4107_18.jpg

It looks like in Dharavi area. You know how much it costs to own one of these shanties in that area of Mumbai? At least INR 5 million (SGD 92000). That can get you a bungalow with garden in any other Indian city. Mumbai's real estate is among the costliest in the world.

Imagine people spending that much just to live in that tin-box, not even 15 square meters of space. They have all amenities including cable TV, air-conditioners. Slum tourism is a real thing in Mumbai, and some of these slum-dwellers make enough in a month to stay at Raffles Hotel for an entire month.

Now there are many poor people in other parts of India. But Mumbai's Dharavi slums are a different standard.

It looks like in Dharavi area. You know how much it costs to own one of these shanties in that area of Mumbai? At least INR 5 million (SGD 92000). That can get you a bungalow with garden in any other Indian city. Mumbai's real estate is among the costliest in the world.

Imagine people spending that much just to live in that tin-box, not even 15 square meters of space. They have all amenities including cable TV, air-conditioners. Slum tourism is a real thing in Mumbai, and some of these slum-dwellers make enough in a month to stay at Raffles Hotel for an entire month.

Now there are many poor people in other parts of India. But Mumbai's Dharavi slums are a different standard.
when there is redevelopment of location, the builders build towers and these apartment will be at sale price of crore or two crore or more. shanty owner will get apartment in this tower as a part of redevelopment. so it is future ownership in tower apartment that is sale price of shanty. :) interesting isn't it

when there is redevelopment of location, the builders build towers and these apartment will be at sale price of crore or two crore or more. shanty owner will get apartment in this tower as a part of redevelopment. so it is future ownership in tower apartment that is sale price of shanty. :) interesting isn't it

Many of them get their apartments in a tower, and then resell the property or rent it out to make a handsome six figure monthly income (in Indian rupees).

Then they go back to living in the slums.o_O:cheesy::rofl:

Those sneaky rascals are slum-dwellers by habit. If you're a visiting tourist, they will even separate you from your American dollars by pretending to be poor and hungry. You might take pity on them and then they will laugh behind your back.

I haven't seen a more cunning set of basterds than these South Mumbai slumlords.

@Peshwa
Any of your relatives in Dharavi? Just asking, don't get offended.

Last edited:
India need to control population like china did. More than two children shouldn't be allowed.

Back
Top Bottom