What's new

India's-RTA-70-Regional-Airliner-to-fly in 2013

It'll probably the IAF/GoI that buy it for VIP transportation, unlikely to be bought by airline carriers. There are so many proven platforms already.

I'm not sure what niche India is trying to fill.

Various Indian airlines and other developing countries airlines will buy this aircraft. Because wrt other comparable aircrafts,

Lower acquisition cost: 25% lower
Lower direct operating cost: 25% lower
Lower maintenance cost: 50% lower

When one has same product with much lower costs, why he will not buy it? Proven? Before it goes to carry passengers, it will be certified by the CAA that is much more than enough.

It'll probably the IAF/GoI that buy it for VIP transportation, unlikely to be bought by airline carriers. There are so many proven platforms already.

There might be not a big market for these planes now, but as countries like China and India are developing, a huge amount of population will be able to afford air travel and some even private planes. These planes would be an option for those people, and a lucrative one since it would be cheaper initially and also in the long run since its maintenance and repair would be easier, quicker and cheaper too.

And since all the airliners today are suffering heavily because of recession, increased fuel prices and low passengers, a cheaper aircraft would be God sent for them.

Major aircraft manufacturers are still manufacturing in developed countries where labor is costly. They are moving to developing countries now. So before they bring their factories to India, it would be better if we establish our own industry to compete with them.

Last edited:

self reliance.....we are looking forward to become experts in every field

I travel across india and i will love to travel in this plane rather those with old propellers.

It can be termed as - "Rise of the nation". Very happy to regarding this good news, Thanx chopper for this good news.. But, I must say ,its just a start for steady India, A long way to go!!:cheers:

Yes we r making choppers, trainers, civil aircrafts, fighters, and gunships all made in india.

There are also so many manufacturer of everything then why china want to make everything????????? even if by means of crimes like stealing, copying and cyber attack etc.

If you can justify what china is doing then i can give zillions of valid reasons for India till then :wave:

Good for India that its trying to develop its domestic airline plane. A big step for India. why is it only trying to do it in 3 years? Isn't that kind of ambitious?

Most notable point here is:

The first flight will happen in 2013.It will more likely be a TD.And it will cetainly take another 5 or so years to get final variants up and running and certification being done.

RTA was supposed to be developed with a private partner as a design supporter and production partner.

This RTA was on tables for many years and the design was much forzen.Probably they are taking time to finetune it and build a prototype.They still have to walk out of the mess of Saras crash(which was a integration & design flaw w.r.t engine).

looking good but if use turbofan engine then great any way keep it up.

Turbo prop is way to go for regional transport. Low initial cost, low maintenance, short & less clean runways, high ground clearance , no bird strike headache. Passengers have to bring their own ear plugs !!*

Recent Saras incident has put serious setback on NAL. Note that NAL does not have good production facility like HAL. They have to depend on private sub-contractors. And they cant use HAL facility to great extent as HAL is bogged down by huge demand. The new entrant to the field L&T and Mahindra have no aviation experience. They can hire ex-HAL folks. But management is the key. Unlike producing car/bikes, aircraft is different ball game! Its long way to go. My best wishes.

looking good but if use turbofan engine then great any way keep it up.

We are making two versions of it.... RTA-70 and RTA-90.... and its both turbo fan and turbo jet

NAL1.JPG

Be a bit optimistic pal:),even if it never does it will remain a good technology demonstrator and yeah a good base for future ventures.

NAL SARAS was/is its technology Demonstrator, this is a Full Fledged project,We have learnt the Core Issue Through Saras Program, This should be Launched as Said:pop:

people dosnt understand NAL Saras project very well.. Go google it and check for its cost then you can understand why there is a delay.

The total sanctioned cost of the project is at Rs 139 crores (30 Million USD).

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom