What's new

India's Tatas plan joint venture with Israel Aerospace

Python

BANNED

New Recruit

Reaction score
India's Tatas plan joint venture with Israel Aerospace : India Business
Posted : Sun, 17 Feb 2008 12:21:01 GMT

New Delhi - India's largest private business conglomerate, the Tata Group, has signed a memorandum of understanding with Israel Aerospace Industries (IAI) to establish a joint venture in India for developing and manufacturing a wide range of defence products, a company release said Sunday. The joint venture company set up by group subsidiary Tata Advanced Systems (TAS) and IAI would develop and manufacture defence and aerospace products, including missiles, unmanned aerial vehicles, radar, electronic warfare systems and homeland security systems, the release added.

"We believe the coming together of the Tata and IAI will positively impact the growth of defence industry in India and compliment the efforts of our defence labs, ordnance factory board and defence public sector undertakings," Tata Group chairman Ratan Tata was quoted as saying.

The joint venture would establish capabilities in India to support IAI customers, it added.

This is the fourth major defence deal the Tatas have signed in a week. The other deals include tie-ups with US-based aircraft major Boeing, US helicopter firm Sikorsky and the European defence and aerospace consortium EADS.

India has world class manufacturing giants like Tata,Reliance,L&T,Birla,Mahindra!

so its time for us to be less reliant on DRDO and other ordinance factory who recruits B grade people.

Tata is already expecting a revenue of 50 Billion $ in 2007-8.

Israel is a true ally of india.
i dont understand why india govt due to pressure of CPI ,criticized israel !!

we should show middle finger to Party like CPI who keeps appeasing muslims!!

what indian muslims have to do with palestine.

and its time for indian muslims to understand that religion is less important than nationalism!!

and its time for indian muslims to understand that religion is less important than nationalism!!

Did I miss something here? Where did this come frm?

India has world class manufacturing giants like Tata,Reliance,L&T,Birla,Mahindra!

so its time for us to be less reliant on DRDO and other ordinance factory who recruits B grade people.

Agree, India is moving towards making world class companies and we need more companies like that, target should be 50 companies in fortune 500 list by 1012. I also agree that India has to be less dependent upon Public sector units. Though, I completely disagree that DRDO has B grade people. I know many of best students from my college joined DRDO and ISRO. Problem is accountability and IT is pulling talents. So, private companies can take care of such problem with better work culture and fast recruitments policies.

Israel is a true ally of india.
i dont understand why india govt due to pressure of CPI ,criticized israel !!

we should show middle finger to Party like CPI who keeps appeasing muslims!!

Thanks GOD, you are not in the external affairs ministry. Extremism is not good any time so we can not show middle finger to left parties they are part of government and their views are important. We can not completely rely on Israel and forget old friendship, we need balance act.

Nationalism is important but badly managed religious sentiments can be disastrous too.

When one follows or is thrust into a 'super-power' slat, one hopefully rises above sectarian, regional and narrow beliefs in the laser focused pursuit of self empowerment, come what may. The US, Russia, China and now Brazil, India, South Africa will single mindedly follow the set precedent. Standard practice. Or how they say in business, best practices :lol: .

This privilege is not for everyone. India had the wool over the world's eyes by it's clever, 'Non-Aligned' policy while it milked both sides and drove in the future. Sure it was nominally in the Soviet camp, but never severed or veered off completely from it's natural Western affiliations. Play on both sides ;) . Play on time ... India's substantially jettisoned the Non-Align rhetoric since and gone solo, afford-ably so.

This paradigm shift implies India can steer public sentiment in the near future and embrace China, Pakistan, Iran or :ahem: Pakistan re: a full-on MFN partner re: self empowerment for trade and business. Not there yet. Not even with China. India seems to have a capricious, anxiety laden relationship with China; while China couldn't care less. Pakistan will take time to get there with India too.

All costs to the public of S.Asia re: both India Vs. China and Pak Vs. India. The massive Indo-Pak trade will continue through Dubai. and vested interests will keep running with a politico-smuggler nexus based cosy cartel. Public be damned.

Greater fools Indo-Pak public :cheesy: paying double-treble for each other's natural goods, services while building dependencies with 'my enemy is your enemy' type buddies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom