What's new

India's UN envoy searched for turban at US airport

Getting frisked is one thing, being asked to remove your turban is another. Perhaps you too need an education about the sensitivities of different communities in India.

Dude we don't live a perfect world, there is threat for them and they will go to any length to protect their citizens. They make their own laws and we make our own. If you don't want to be frisked, scanned, checked etc don't go to US simple

This story is factually incorrect. The ambassador passed through the scanner, was then asked to give permission to pat down the turban which he refused and asked them to recheck their procedures after which an apology was made. Matter closed. MEA spoke to the US officials about this and that's where the matter lies now.

This story is factually incorrect. The ambassador passed through the scanner, was then asked to give permission to pat down the turban which he refused and asked them to recheck their procedures after which an apology was made. Matter closed. MEA spoke to the US officials about this and that's where the matter lies now.

Source?Is it the same as the fake US apology to indian ambassador? which actually US rejected?

Dude we don't live a perfect world, there is threat for them and they will go to any length to protect their citizens. They make their own laws and we make our own. If you don't want to be frisked, scanned, checked etc don't go to US simple

Easy for you to say. Don't you think its unfortunate that a person has to choose between his dignity and his business (or any other purpose of his visit) while visiting the US. I think thats pretty sad.

Source?Is it the same as the fake US apology to indian ambassador? which actually US rejected?

"
The incident happened at the airport in Austin, Texas on November 13th. They told me 'We have new procedures that involve extra screening.' I went through the scanner...they took me to separate holding area...the security officer said he wants to pat down my turban...I refused...they came back after 20 to 30 minutes and apologized," Puri told NDTV.

Read more at: Indian envoy asked to remove turban at US airport

wow.....

the TSA officials should be briefed about how offensive it can be for Sikhs to remove their turbans.

Can Sikhs, however, ask another Sikh male to remove it quickly for checks? How does it work in hindustan?

Security comes first; but turban and hair covering is important part of Sikh identity and culture.

Cant the bomb be found out via scanners? And even then one can always pat a turban down rather than asking a person to remove it.

you also need to calm down......how many Muslims and other religious groups have also been subjected to such search procedures

well -- snap out of your oblivion, kiddo.

neither you nor anyone else are above the law. Rules are rules, it's one thing if you don't like them.

Getting frisked is one thing, being asked to remove your turban is another. Perhaps you too need an education about the sensitivities of different communities in India.

well i dont want to comment on the incident but i would like to comment on your post.

You are talking about sensitivities but i have seen Indians coming up with security justification for violation of sensitivities of people from other countries and faiths.

Secondly if a common Indian sari-clad woman and a turbaned man can be patted down at airports then do you think they dont have sensitivities ? or is it that only govt officials and babus have sensitivities ?

The most likely thing that will happen is this: US will regret it in private, assure that it won't happen again. And then do it again. Rinse and repeat.

Maaro. Sehlaao. Phir Maaro. Repeat.

don't worry.....a few loosely worded comments about LeT or "terror safe havens" in Pakistan should calm the bharaty nerves :lol::lol::lol:

basic................... "psychology" :cheesy:

Back
Top Bottom