What's new

India's Water Revolution #2: The Biggest Permaculture Project on Earth! with the Paani Foundation

Hephaestus

Reaction score
Country
India
Permaculture instructor Andrew Millison journeys to India to film the epic work of the Paani Foundation’s Water Cup Competition. We tour the village of Velu, in Maharashtra, who won the 2016 competition to install the most amount of water harvesting structures in a 45 day period. Guided by Paani Foundation’s chief advisor, Dr. Avinash Pol, we take a ride through the village watershed and see a massive water diversion and groundwater recharge project that has dramatically improved the lives, economy, ecology and stability of this village. Although the Paani Foundation doesn't use the word Permaculture to describe what they do, we examine why their work has turned into the biggest Permaculture project on Earth!

Paani Foundation

Organic Farming

Last edited:

Good share. Very inspiring.

And if it's as simple as how the video made it out to be.....shouldn't be a hard matter for GOP to get inspiration from it and use it to develop arable land in Pakistan.

Great..... In my school days I had come across with a concept of MALA CANEL which was designed to connect North Indian rivers with central and Southern Indian rivers together...... MALA means a necklace shaped CANEL that will connect these gigantic rivers together...... any Indian members have ever heard of this project.....

Great..... In my school days I had come across with a concept of MALA CANEL which was designed to connect North Indian rivers with central and Southern Indian rivers together...... MALA means a necklace shaped CANEL that will connect these gigantic rivers together...... any Indian members have ever heard of this project.....
Yes a pet project of BJP, practically not feasible due to diff of altitudes.

Not sure it was named mala. But, might be an ecological disaster from what I have read.
Good share. Very inspiring.

And if it's as simple as how the video made it out to be.....shouldn't be a hard matter for GOP to get inspiration from it and use it to develop arable land in Pakistan.
Absolutely. It shouldn't be difficult for some of our state govts to do this also. Desertification and topsoil erosion is a major issue. T

Not sure it was named mala. But, might be an ecological disaster from what I have read.

Absolutely. It shouldn't be difficult for some of our state govts to do this also. Desertification and topsoil erosion is a major issue. T

Imagine that MALA CANEL was a reality today connecting gigantic northern and Southern rivers together..... my God we would have been an agricultural powerhouse today....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom