What's new

Indo-China war Inevitable ?

China knows the implications of War. War never happens between major powers after WWII.

not entirely true! after WWII both pakistan and india have been to war, indo-china, greek-turks, arab-isrealis.... however in cold war both sides threatened to use Nukes at each other but the case is different in Indo-china context.. nether india wants to be the first one nor china.. so if india keep asking for trouble from china then sure they will attack you guys..

I cannot stop thinking how you got dragged into this, here are my 2 cents

True China has developed AEW capability after US pressured Israel not to sell Phalcons to China.

China knows the implications of War. War never happens between major powers after WWII.

Even though China is supposed to be a Superpower India cannot be ignored, Also China needs to worry about US , Russia and Japan.

GP,

What you say is fair. I do not think that there will be a conflagration between China and India either. I was just trying to bring some realism into the thought process about teaching China a lesson.

Conventionally speaking, neither side will undertake such an adventure. With big countries, pride is a big thing and to assume that one side will simply go in and crush the other like ants, and the other side will not react to such a thing is not reality.

If you recall the EP-3 incident involving China and the US, one would realize that teaching a lesson to China and that too with military might is not an option even though saying so may hurt the Indian pride.

GP,

If you recall the EP-3 incident involving China and the US, one would realize that teaching a lesson to China and that too with military might is not an option even though saying so may hurt the Indian pride.

Yeah I remember that incident very well, But I guess US plane was flying over international waters and was on routine surveillance mission and not for teaching lesson.
One of the two Chinese aircraft touched EP3 plane and crashed and pilot lost life causing sufficient damage for the U.S. plane to issue a “Mayday” signal and divert to an Lingshui airfield on Hainan Island, PRC. The pilots and crew of the downed EP-3E ARIES II were taken prisoner by local officials and were detained and interrogated.
EP3 crew damaged their own equipments before the plane landed they were release after interrogation.

Yeah I remember that incident very well, But I guess US plane was flying over international waters and was on routine surveillance mission and not for teaching lesson.
One of the two Chinese aircraft touched EP3 plane and crashed and pilot lost life causing sufficient damage for the U.S. plane to issue a “Mayday” signal and divert to an Lingshui airfield on Hainan Island, PRC. The pilots and crew of the downed EP-3E ARIES II were taken prisoner by local officials and were detained and interrogated.
EP3 crew damaged their own equipments before the plane landed they were release after interrogation.

I am aware of the details of the incident GP. My mention of EP3 had more to do with the issue around pride than "teaching a lesson". Both sides had to bend over backward to make sure that the other side was not slighted or seen as backing off. Such was the case in the Cuban missile crises as well. If we are to see China and now an emerging India in the same light then things like the 62 border war cannot happen. India cannot simply decide to "teach" the Chinese a lesson. The stakes are too high for something of the nature that Ghatak is advising.

I agree and i am no way suggesting india is intimidating china or wants to teach a lesson. India is just trying to bolster its defenses in the east.

I agree and i am no way suggesting india is intimidating china or wants to teach a lesson. India is just trying to bolster its defenses in the east.

To which I would say India is fully entitled to do so. The stronger the deterrance on both sides, the more chances that things will be resolved diplomatically.

Pathetic response. It is good that pessimestic people like you are not in India.
I think you can take up the job of fortune telling in pak army.

Loser ? who is loser ? India has lost only 1 out of 5 that it has fought. And the effect of increasing military prepardness after 1962 showed up clearly in decisive military victories of 1965 abd 1971.

The gap between Indian and Chinese military is the least ever. And we are moving in the right track to match them.

1965 war u lost as u attacked with the force of 3 division on Lahore and did not go more than 4 kilometers where as expert say if your army was any good it should have penetrated 40 miles. In Sialkot u attacked again with 50,000 men and 500 tanks, according to experts u should have gone 50 kilometers but u ended up in 4 kilo meters. how do u figure y won the war.

In 1971 u had mukti buhini training for 10 years in and by Indian army, u did not do any wonder, had not the Bengali gone traitors u would have not achieves zilch, we decided to stop at the expense of Our pow to make sure we do not keep killing civilians unlike you who continue to kill civilians in Kashmir.

u always attack from behind or in the dark, as u did in Karachi by attacking ships at night in 1970 war, we did not want to expand the war but u did and u think u won the wars, In west Pakistan u could have lost lot of land in 1970, Bengali became traitors and that is why we left, Now they realize and are moving more closer to us than u, because they now know who u really are.

:pakistan:

Last edited:
1965 war u lost as u ataacked with the force of 3 division on lahore and did not go mre tham 4 kilometers where as expeet sya uif your army was any good it should have penetrated 40 miles. In sialkot u attacked again with 50,000 men and 500 tanks, according to experts u should have gone 50 kilomweters but u ended up in 4 kilo meters. hwo do u figure y won the war.

In 1871 u had e mukti buhini training dfor 10 years in by Inidan a/rmy, u id jot do any wonder, had not the Bengali gone traitors u would have not achieves zilch, we decided to stop at the expense of Our pow to make sure we do not keep killing civilians unlike you who continue to kill civilians in Kashmir.

u always attack from behind or in the dark, as y u did in Karachi by attacking ships at night in 1970 war, we did not want to expand the war but u did and u think u won the wars, In west Pakistan u could have lost lot of land in 1970, Bengali became traitors and that is why we left, Now they realize and are moving more closer to us than u, because they now know who u really are.

A war is a war you cant expect you enemy to attack in places where u have ur defences ready. Everything isfair in love and war and we were fighting a war and u must expect all this.

Want to war against China?
India must take care of your departionists first at all.

A war is a war you cant expect you enemy to attack in places where u have ur defenses ready. Everything is fair in love and war and we were fighting a war and u must expect all this.

In war as in peace one who is brave plays like a brave and not like a sneaky back stabbing nincompoop who is not able to stand and face the music. but hide behind the dark and go to any length even kill civilians if needed. that in my opinion is a cowardly thing to do.

Last edited:
In war as in peace one who is brave plays like a brave and not like a sneaky back stabbing nincompoop who is not able to stand and face the music. but hide behind the dark and go to any length even kill civilians if needed. that in my opinion is a cowardly thing to do.

go and read something about battle of longewala .

the armies of both the nations are brave . dont ever point finger towards them , but the objective of war is not only to kill the enemy but taking minimum casualties while doing so .

1965 war u lost as u attacked with the force of 3 division on Lahore and did not go more than 4 kilometers where as expert say if your army was any good it should have penetrated 40 miles. In Sialkot u attacked again with 50,000 men and 500 tanks, according to experts u should have gone 50 kilometers but u ended up in 4 kilo meters. how do u figure y won the war.

In 1971 u had mukti buhini training for 10 years in and by Indian army, u did not do any wonder, had not the Bengali gone traitors u would have not achieves zilch, we decided to stop at the expense of Our pow to make sure we do not keep killing civilians unlike you who continue to kill civilians in Kashmir.

u always attack from behind or in the dark, as u did in Karachi by attacking ships at night in 1970 war, we did not want to expand the war but u did and u think u won the wars, In west Pakistan u could have lost lot of land in 1970, Bengali became traitors and that is why we left, Now they realize and are moving more closer to us than u, because they now know who u really are.

india lost the 65 war :what:

there was a lot of US and USSR pressure at that time , which lead to ceasefire . 65 war was evenly fought , but read some reports about the war they say that if the war would have been continued then pakistan would have been defeated .

dont even talk about 71 war .

dear asq,
i don't wanna make this indo pak war thread so i am not gonna post any link regarding who won the war but i suggest you take opinion from think tanks of this forum like X_man, fatman and muradk ,araz to clarify your doubts about 65 & 71 war. i believe they will tell you fair picture because they are among very trusty and unbiased people on this forum with knowledge and intelligence.

dear asq,
i don't wanna make this indo pak war thread so i am not gonna post any link regarding who won the war but i suggest you take opinion from think tanks of this forum like X_man, fatman and muradk ,araz to clarify your doubts about 65 & 71 war. i believe they will tell you fair picture because they are among very trusty and unbiased people on this forum with knowledge and intelligence.

Are my deduction reasonable or wrong, some of the Pakistanis are not aware of the facts that war, when historian who are experts analyze them they take into confederation the facts that I mentioned in my post, Now i know u as Indian would not want to talk about it or dwell on it because it is the truth that Indian Army failed miserably as it did not ony go more than few kilometers, and with a force that it was, they should have gone deep into Pakistan territory, So India Army failed miserably. And that is the point from an expert point. Dude. So stop saying that India won the war. Actually Pakistan was very successful in stopping the Indian Army in its tracks long long before its objectives,

SO Pakistan won the war and there is no two ways about it

Note, Your general's dreamt about tea in gymkhana were shattered badly. He lost big time.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom