What's new

Indonesia-ACEs 'crescent and star' al flag

Yuuki

Reaction score
bayrak-jpg20130401124832.jpg&w=609&h=417

01.04.2013 13:19
Similar to the flag of the red crescent and star on the Turkish flag, the official flag of the state they want to be.
Indonesia's Aceh province like the Turkish flag, red crescent and star flag as the flag of the state's official rally was held to support the use.

Hundreds of people attended the rally in front of the Mosque in the capital Banda Açe'deki Beytürrahman.

former Free Aceh Movement
(GAM) flag used by the rebels, which lasted nearly 30 years of conflict between GAM and the Indonesian government after the 2005 peace agreement signed in Helsinki, capital of Finland not used since.

the Indonesian government, the government of Aceh separatist movement of the flag of connection to be used as a legitimate critical of the flag.

Ache Assembly of the Council of State, after months of debate about the law of 22 March, the state's official flag and symbol adopted and sent for the approval of the Ministry of Interior in Indonesia.

the Ministry of Interior to approve the with a crescent and a star in the middle of the case and with black and white lines on the sides of the flag, the official flag of the state will be.

a lion is the symbol of the state and Burak's work consists of a new . According to mythology, the Prophet of Islam. While Muhammad Mirac'a rides Burak, is portrayed as a horse with wings and a human face.

Aceh Governor Zaini Abdullah, "I hope that the Ministry of Interior with the flag chosen by the people of Aceh rejected by the symbol" said.

Hasbi Abdullah President of the Council of the flag State Assembly Aceh, Aceh symbolizes the struggle of the people of that culture.

English http://www.habermonitor.com/en/haber/detay/aces-crescent-and-star-al-flag/90981/
Turkish Açe'ye ''ay y

Wiki Aceh - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Tarihçe
Açe (Aceh) Endonezya'nın bir bölgesidir. Açe bir sultanlık olarak 1514'te kurulmuştur. Açe'yi sömürgeleştirmeye çalışan ve Sumatra'yı işgal amacında olan ilk Batılı güç Portekizlilerdir. Portekizlilerin baskıları sonucu Açeliler 1565'te İstanbul'a bir heyet göndererek Osmanlı Devleti'nden yardım istemişlerdir. Saldırılara karşı işbirliği yapmak amacıyla Osmanlılarla bir antlaşma imzalanmıştır (1567). Antlaşma çerçevesinde Osmanlılarca Açe'ye mühimmat ve silah gönderilmiştir. Ancak Açe'ye Portekizliler değil, Hollandalılar hakim olmuştur. Hollanda 1873'te Açe'ye ültimatom vererek bir takım imtiyazlar ve isteklerde bulunmuştur. Ültimatomun reddedilmesi üzerine başlayan savaş Hollanda'nın teknolojik üstünlüğü nedeniyle Açe aleyhinde sonuçlanmıştır. Açe Sultanı Tunku Muhammed Davut'un 1903'te Hollandalıların hakimiyetini kabul etmesiyle bölge idari bakımdan Hollanda kolonisine dahil olmuştur. Hollanda Açe'ye bir genel vali tayin ederek yönetime el koymuştur. Hollanda'nın Açe'deki hakimiyetini Endonezya'ya devretmesi Açeli bağımsızlık yanlılarını tekrar direnişe sevketmiştir. Silahlı direniş örgütü Gerakan Aceh Merdeka (Özgür Açe Hareketi=GAM) 1976'da kurulmuştur. Açe'deki şiddet ve terör olayları nedeniyle yaklaşık 130,000 kişi mülteci konumuna düşmüştür. İki milyondan fazla Açeli, başkent Banda Aceh'de toplanarak 8 Kasım 1999'da bağımsızlık ya da Endonezya'ya bağlılık konusunda referandum istediklerini ilan etmişlerdir. 26 Aralık 2004 tarihli tsunami felaketiyle gündeme gelmiş ve Kızılay tarafından 8 TIR yardım malzemesi acilen ulaştırılmıştır. Halkın %98'i Müslüman olup, bayrağında Türk bayrağından esinlenmiştir.

Açe Bayrağı ve Türk Bayrağı
Sürgündeki Aceh Sumatra hükûmetinin bayrağı
2004 yılında yaşanan büyük tsunami felaketi nedeniyle, bölgeye giden BBC muhabiri George Alagiah, ilk izlenimlerini şöyle anlatıyordu:
"Açe'ye indiğimde kendimi Türkiye'de sandım. Hayır, her yerde kebap dükkânları olduğu için değil... Bana kartpostal satmaya çalışan çocukları gördüğümden de değil... Yok yok, ayakkabı boyacılarının bağrışmalarından ya da araba kornalarından da değil... Belki inanamayacaksınız ama; herkesin Türk bayraklı şapka giymesinden dolayı böyle bir fikre kapıldım. Yolda gördüğüm bir genç Acehli'ye, neden şapkalarında Türk bayrağı olduğunu sorduğumda bana verdiği yanıt çok ilginçti. Adı Recep olan bu genç, 'kendi bayrağımız olan şapkayı giyersek, altı ay hapis yatıyoruz. Türk bayrağına kimse bir şey diyemiyor. Türk bayrağı da bizimkiyle aynı... Zaten, Türkler bizim atalarımız sayılır ve biz bayrağımızı 500 yıl önce onlardan almışız. Bundan dolayı, ne zaman bir maç olsa Türkiye Millî Futbol Takımının formasını giyiyor, evlerimize Türk bayrağı asıyoruz.' "Şaşırdım kaldım 'Tanrım bu Türkler nerede yok?' dedim"

Wiki Turkish Açe - Vikipedi

163028_472466096365_8093659_n.jpg

Vay be! Atalarımızı tanımayan yok.

@Surenas Islam has no symbols, the Ottomans were the first to use the Crescent on their flags after defeating the Byzantines and taking their symbol. Most Muslim nations do not use the crescent star, no Arab has it as far as I know and the only ones who do, do so because they respected Ottoman caliphate. Today it is misconstrued as Islamic symbol but those Muslims who know better, know it is not.

Last edited by a moderator:
This new flag looks good! Can anybody post their current flag?

@Surenas Islam has no symbols, the Ottomans were the first to use the Crescent on their flags after defeating the Byzantines and taking their symbol. Most Muslim nations do not use the crescent star, no Arab has it as far as I know and the only ones who do, do so because they respected Ottoman caliphate. Today it is misconstrued as Islamic symbol but those Muslims who know better, know it is not.

Not correct. The Illyrian's were the first to use star and crescent on their flags.

jealous
Ottoman-Aceh Relations According to the Turkish Sources
www.ari.nus.edu.sg aceh

The memory of the Ottoman-Aceh relations in the 16th century was kept alive for centuries in the form of the Aceh flag, similar to the red Ottoman flag

Not correct. The Illyrian's were the first to use star and crescent on their flags.
Oooh please not this again, Just look up in the night sky and boom, There you have a cresent moon with stars, There is no such thing as 'The first people to use', So many ancient civilizations used this symbol that its ridicilous discussion which one used it first.

Crescent and star predates the Turks and Islam. Long before people knew Turks, Mesopotamians, Byzantines and Persians had a crescent and star on their coins and ruins:
Göktürks also used Crescent and Star, also according to Chinese Tiele was also using it.
Since Proto-Turkics were not in contact with the cultures you said, your argument is invalid.

AFAIK Pakistan's flag is also a derivation from Ottoman one.

Source?

Who are the Pro-Turks?

I'm mobile and controlling this phone is goddamn difficult. So no sources for now. But I remember that I posted pictures of the Gokturk coins in that forum, so... Google is your friend.
Proto-Turk is a term for identifying pre Gokturk era of Turkic speaking peoples.

From what I have heard. The crescent represents Islam, while the star with 5 points represents the 5 pillars of Islam.

You can see the crescent on many mosque's and minarets. Some mosque's have the crescent with the star as well.

Ottomans also used another flag with 3 crescents, the 3 moons represented the 3 holy months of Islam. The Turkish political party MHP is using this flag as well with red background. If I remember correctly, the Ottoman version had a green background, but not sure.

This news did not surprise me at all. Maybe the relationship between Ottoman Empires and the Sultanate of Aceh is not known.

Let me give a quick summary.

Until the beginning of the 20th century, there was a prevailing muslim nation on the north of the island of Sumatra: The Sultanate of Aceh. At the 16th century Portugal eyes were on the Sultanate of Aceh. Therefore, Portugal tried to invade Aceh. After that the Sultanate of Aceh sought help from the Ottoman Emprire to resit the invasion of Portugal. Ottoman Empire helped the Sultanate of Aceh many times and at the 1900s the Sultanate of Aceh demanded to be ruled by Ottoman Empire. However, Ottoman Empire failed to respond positively this request made by Acehs because of the circumstances at that time.

Even after Ottoman Empire collapsed, the people of Aches have still loyalty to the Ottoman khalif same as some other muslim african countries people.

You can find more info here (an academic paper) http://www.ari.nus.edu.sg/docs\Aceh-project\full-papers\aceh_fp_ismailhakkigoksoy.pdf

Ottoman_fleet_Indian_Ocean_16th_century.jpg

Ottoman fleet in the Indian Ocean in the 16th century.

Back
Top Bottom