What's new

INDONESIA AND PHILIPPINES RETURN BACK - CAN WE DARE?

Jokingjustice

New Recruit

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
06 July 2019

According to our national Dailies, Indonesia has returned back to USA five containers carrying plastic rubbish saying it will not become a “dumping ground”. Earlier, Philippines ordered similar garbage dumped in the country to be shipped back to Canada.

2. It was sometime late 1980s, I was then working in a Middle East country known for its volume of commercial trade, open policies and law & order. In the line of my duty, I came to know that a ship loaded with nuclear waste was heading towards Pakistan. What for? Sure for dumping! As a conscientious citizen, I approached the then Federal Ombudsman. To my and luck of the nation, the sitting on the chair was one who believed on “arriving at justice” not just on issuance of decisions. He immediately sought comments from Pakistan Navy, Karachi Port Trust, Maritime Agency, Coast Guards etc. I am today 70 plus. I might perhaps find a copy of the then Federal Ombudsman decision, appreciating all the above Agencies including this Overseas Pakistani as due to timely notice the ship before it could enter into Pakistani waters, backed or diverted elsewhere.

3. Can I, if suppose a cause arises, file a 1980s type complaint today? Surely not! Based on experience in the recent years, this old man is confident, same would be refused limine on the ground like you are not an aggrieved. Or despite complaint having been typed on latest model PC/Laptop and high tech lazer printed, it would be refused on with an objection a complaint should be “in writing”. The Japanese as a national tradition recite “God save the king”. While burying on their dead king, under the habit as usual, they recited the national phrase “God save the king”. Allah save us the Pakistanis from our present day “systems and institutions”.

4. Recalling what US Deputy Attorney General remarked about Pakistanis outside the courtroom after remand of Amal Kansi, this old man will not at all be surprised if at time in future on learning or reading that the above containers/ships instead of going back to pavilion to USA and Canada, changed path towards “دھرتی سوہنی”.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom