What's new

Indonesia Bans Sex Outside Marriage

I have no interest in anywhere. Only in India. Since I live in India and not anywhere.

You live on Earth, India is on Earth, and you use technologies in your minute-to-minute life that have been developed in various parts of Earth over centuries. Don't be thankless. :) And should there start a nuclear war from Ukraine you in India will be much affected.

You live on Earth, India is on Earth, and you use technologies in your minute-to-minute life that have been developed in various parts of Earth. :) And should there start a nuclear war from Ukraine you in India will be much affected.

That's all ok. But I really do not care if it's worn elsewhere or not. That is for those people to decide. We decide what happens here. Your resistance to the burqa is religious since you claim it's not there in the Qur'an. I am not Muslim. Those are not my compulsions. I only know that the burqa is not from this land and culture and civilization and hence it does not have a place here. We both don't like it but for very different reasons.

That's all ok. But I really do not care if it's worn elsewhere or not. That is for those people to decide. We decide what happens here. Your resistance to the burqa is religious since you claim it's not there in the Qur'an. I am not Muslim. Those are not my compulsions. I only know that the burqa is not from this land and culture and civilization and hence it does not have a place here. We both don't like it but for very different reasons.

Well, my resistance to burqa is not just its non-presence in Quran but also because it is anti-human in a wider sense.

We have had this discussion before.

I believe in an Earth without borders; without nations and their defending militaries defending wrong internal systems but doing external imperialism; without irrational nationalisms and tribalisms and without money and priesthood that drives the previous things.

The Nation as a concept came only during the French Revolution of the late 1700s and that too only to abolish feudalism and monarchy in France but which were the ideas to rule a lot of humanity in general for thousands of years so in India too there neither was one Nation forever nor was there a singular civilization. The Indian tribals who now agitate for their own religion category called Sarna Dharma were the original culture of the Indian mainland before people from current Iraq region came here and established what is now known as the Indus Valley Civilization but their culture is not known and their writing not deciphered and their dressage not known in general. And it is only after the IVC had existed for who knows how long did the Hindus came in from Iran 3000 years ago and then the Muslims started coming in 1600 years later that too without the burqa. Did the 1990 Hindi serial The Sword of Tipu Sultan have the female characters wearing the burqa ?

Even the saree you will now associate in India with Hindu culture is not Hindu at all but Greek brought in the Greeks of Alexander 2300 years ago and then mixed with Irani and Central Asian elements. Sculpture of Greco-Indian women dating to around 2300 years ago, found in present Pakistan :
greek_women_la.jpg

"The Greek ladies in the Mauryan court wore a long single piece of draped fabric known as chiton which was pleated as a skirt and draped over one shoulder."

So whose civilization and culture are you talking about and want to retain and own ?

Well, my resistance to burqa is not just its non-presence in Quran but also because it is anti-human in a wider sense.

We have had this discussion before.

I believe in an Earth without borders; without nations and their defending militaries defending wrong internal systems but doing external imperialism; without irrational nationalisms and tribalisms and without money and priesthood that drives the previous things.

The Nation as a concept came only during the French Revolution of the late 1700s and that too only to abolish feudalism and monarchy in France but which were the ideas to rule a lot of humanity in general for thousands of years so in India too there neither was one Nation forever nor was there a singular civilization. The Indian tribals who now agitate for their own religion category called Sarna Dharma were the original culture of the Indian mainland before people from current Iraq region came here and established what is now known as the Indus Valley Civilization but their culture is not known and their writing not deciphered and their dressage not known in general. And it is only after the IVC had existed for who knows how long did the Hindus came in from Iran 3000 years ago and then the Muslims started coming in 1600 years later that too without the burqa. Did the 1990 Hindi serial The Sword of Tipu Sultan have the female characters wearing the burqa ?

Even the saree you will now associate in India with Hindu culture is not Hindu at all but Greek brought in the Greeks of Alexander 2300 years ago and then mixed with Irani and Central Asian elements. Sculpture of Greco-Indian women dating to around 2300 years ago, found in present Pakistan :
greek_women_la.jpg

"The Greek ladies in the Mauryan court wore a long single piece of draped fabric known as chiton which was pleated as a skirt and draped over one shoulder."

So whose civilization and culture are you talking about and want to retain and own ?

The saree or Greek toga or Roman sarong or Arab kaftan all belong to a time there was fabric (or hides) but no stitching.

Any long bolt of fabric draped around the human form will look near similar wherever in the world it is worn.

Stupid equivalence.

The saree or Greek toga or Roman sarong or Arab kaftan all belong to a time there was fabric (or hides) but no stitching.

Any long bolt of fabric draped around the human form will look near similar wherever in the world it is worn.

Stupid equivalence.

Below is the Hanfu, a Chinese dress said to go back more than 4000 years. Do you think it is not stitched ?
102bcd899ea3b2f6a1bcc68266ff220f.png

Fi5EmL3XkAAqIyF.jpg

This article has more.

Below is the Hanfu, a Chinese dress said to go back more than 4000 years. Do you think it is not stitched ?
102bcd899ea3b2f6a1bcc68266ff220f.png

Fi5EmL3XkAAqIyF.jpg

This article has more.

Both the kimono and hanfu were never stitched. But like the kaftan cinched at the waist by a cummerbund. You are showing fotos of the modern iterations.

Both the kimono and hanfu were never stitched. But like the kaftan cinched at the waist by a cummerbund. You are showing fotos of the modern iterations.

Any research on this that you base on ? Unless you have been living for 4000 years. :devil:

A great decision....

If someone's manhood can't be zipped go for the second marriage as per the Sheriyat.....

And I was wondering why is this thread on top of the latest post thread since a couple days.

From what I know, the other partner or the family of the partner has to report it for it to be prosecuted... So tourists etc can rest at ease.

Your snarky tone doesn't say you accept. :)

No. I was wrong about stitching. Not about the fact that open cloth draped around the body looks the same the world over. You will learn that I am a big man. Even in faceless debates if I google and find I am wrong or have misspoken, I will readily admit it. That comes from oodles of testosterone and having big balls. Have you ever seen a full maned lion strut into a pack of hyenas? That's Langda Khan.

Back
Top Bottom