What's new

Indonesia Defence Forum

Including to license producing the Cannon and turret system along with Engine and transmission
For this one to be worth it we need to order the said vehicle in large number, but I am not confident with that commitment.

beda rezim beda kebijakan dan bukan rahasia bahwa rezim terdahulu sangat bertentangan dgn rezim saat ini jd asal ga sama sama kemaren adalah bagus
Because current regime focused on medium calibre vehicle ranged from 40-57 mm, air cavalery unit, UGV&UCGV unit which i thought was far more visionary and logical looking at future threat n potential

Don't know, if it is me better to invest more on true MBT, even licensed production from derivative of T 72 like M84 Degman is more better compared to Kaplan. But hey the experience to design armor is invaluable and cost us no arm and legs like building fighter.
Tbh I feel that the Army would like it better if they had a competition similar to how Philippines had with their Medium Tank competition. That or if they up-gun it to say, the Oto Melara 120mm.

Because current regime focused on medium calibre vehicle ranged from 40-57 mm, air cavalery unit, UGV&UCGV unit which i thought was far more visionary and logical looking at future threat n potential
kl secara doktrin iya yg saya maksud di atas adalah secara politik nya. kesinambungan dalam perencanaan agar rencana yang di rancang bisa terus berjalan itu juga penting kl kemudian dlm perjalanan rencana itu di tambahkan agar lebih baik saya rasa bukan masalah tetapi bilamana rencana itu kemudian tidak di lanjutkan dan atau di rubah dgn perencanaan yang lain akhir nya ya itu tni jd showroom lah logistic nightmare lah terus berputar demikian di sisi lain tetangga sebelah akan terus maju sementara kita jalan di t4 dan kalau saja MEF atau KFX / IFX ga berpayung hukum bisa jadi saat ini sudah mandeg dan berganti program yang lain kl MEF mereka masih melihat ada sela jd susah goyang kencang yg goyang kencang saat ini IFX saya harap anda paham yang saya maksud jd bukan hanya teknis nya tapi politik will nya regard

I was talking to a Captain of the Army cavalry unit who's Leopards I was fixing and we got onto the topic of the Kaplan. We were just talking about stuff on how to make it better and I deadass just told him "Stop buying stuff from Cockerill as they up-charge their products since no one buys them, also buying Belgian weapons is a meme". Then I just WhatsApp him a brochure for Leonardo's HITFACT 120mm lmao.

https://www.leonardocompany.com/doc...ROCHURE_2018_HITFACT+MkII.PDF?t=1570110933888

So waht is this

IMG-20200810-WA0066.jpg

Kaplan with hitfact 120 mm? It is good maybe if turks realy need "local" tank they will take it than their altay :D

I was talking to a Captain of the Army cavalry unit who's Leopards I was fixing and we got onto the topic of the Kaplan. We were just talking about stuff on how to make it better and I deadass just told him "Stop buying stuff from Cockerill as they up-charge their products since no one buys them, also buying Belgian weapons is a meme". Then I just WhatsApp him a brochure for Leonardo's HITFACT 120mm lmao.

https://www.leonardocompany.com/doc...ROCHURE_2018_HITFACT+MkII.PDF?t=1570110933888
Well I don't know about Cockerill up-charging but 1 thing for sure more products using Cockerill turrets rather than Hitfact.

How about rear heavy problem?
Are suggesting to put heavier turret to balance it?
And hitfact gun elevation is so limited..

Well I don't know about Cockerill up-charging but 1 thing for sure more products using Cockerill turrets rather than Hitfact.
More CONCEPT products, Cockerill does it in the hopes someone would buy an FSV variant of a popular IFV/APC. On the other hand, the Hitfact and Hitfist was mass produced for the Italian Army, hence it's cheaper through economy of scale.

@Chestnut about leopard, are they planning to upgrade TC and Gunner sights for Leo?
PERI R17 A1 they're using are kind of super jadul for today standard.
(Skip to 3.38)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom