What's new

Indonesia Defence Forum

god please keeps our defense contract away from bribery .

DAMEN just got a problem with the german navy destroyer contract recently and get sued by the german shipyard association.
That's not what happened. Thyssenkrupp lobbied the German government because they lost the MKS 180 contract to DAMEN due to the fact that their previous ship, the F125 Baden-Wurttemberg class, initially failed to meet contractual expectations. The argument was that giving the contract to a foreign shipbuilder would cost German jobs and whatnot, and demanded that the bid process be restarted. The protest however was vetoed by the German government.

I heard there will be the upgrade package included in Viper purchase.
It is.

All A/B/C/D Vipers would be upgraded to the Block 72 standard under the Lockheed Martin offering. Which is why I've preferred it over a Russian plane with only mild improvements.

Denmark iver class
France. Lafayette /Belharra or fremm
Holland omega or dzp
The LaFayette is not being offered by DCNS. And it shouldn't tbh. Why should we ask for an obsolete design?

Source: @kamto_adi on Twitter
IMG_20200218_124152.jpg

That's not what happened. Thyssenkrupp lobbied the German government because they lost the MKS 180 contract to DAMEN due to the fact that their previous ship, the F125 Baden-Wurttemberg class, initially failed to meet contractual expectations. The argument was that giving the contract to a foreign shipbuilder would cost German jobs and whatnot, and demanded that the bid process be restarted. The protest however was vetoed by the German government.
Does Damen brave enough to counter offer
Maersk? Cause I'm really sure they dont. Maersk have the best offering till now.

It is.

All A/B/C/D Vipers would be upgraded to the Block 72 standard under the Lockheed Martin offering. Which is why I've preferred it over a Russian plane with only mild improvements.

~
Lockheed Martin's offer is better than Russia. but in the future we are surrounded by users of f 35. when we were weak in the early 2000s many neighbors became less friendly. even our sovereignty is abused by malasia many times. can f 16 overcome f 35 even if f has been increased to viper or su 27/30 from squadron 11? even some of us doubt Russian Sukhoi 35, what about our present Sukhoi? more capable than sukhoi 35? really hope rafale even though the possibility is smaller than viper. but hope is not policy

Including A/B? It's not even finish being upgraded yet.

Well, some parties feel they need to maintain air power dominance in the region.
Something than happens for decades, nothing is new.
RAAF is having F-35 now while TNI AU best fighter is Flanker and later F-16 MLU.
Let say, 2026 the first TNI AU Viper arrived. That means RAAF (and followed by RSAF) will already have experience 6 years of operating gen 5 fighter.
Let say, 2030 IFX (udah dibayar donk heheh) entering TNI AU fleet. That means F-35 is 10 years old in RAAF service.
Continuing the imagination, TNI AU making order of gen 5 fighter order at 2035. Arrived at 2040, soooo yeaahh. It will be 20 yo of F-35 in RAAF service and surely at least half of them being midlife upgraded and they will look for new gen 6 fighter.

Just IMHO

maersk is a shipping and logistic company , what does it has to do with DAMEN ?
Maersk is OMT (Iver Huidfeldt builder) parent company, as the FFI competition right now I assume is between OMT, Damen, and Naval Group

maersk is a shipping and logistic company , what does it has to do with DAMEN ?
Sorry,my bad quoting its parent company rather than the one that competing right now.

But, my question still stand. Does Damen brave enough to counter offer OMT?

Back
Top Bottom