What's new

Indonesia joins tender to build 1,050 train cars for Bangladesh

They are getting damned close if not exceeded already. Hyundai and Kia top-grade luxury vehicles are rated higher in quality by JD Powers against Lexus nowadays while being many thousands of dollars cheaper. Lexus - if you guys don't know, was the top-rated luxury vehicle (better than German marques) prior to this.

It is for Korean competition that Japanese car companies have started to re-design their car designs and putting in extra electronics. In vehicle automation (android auto and apple carplay integration, engine electronics) the Koreans are way ahead of Japanese brands (at least in US Market).
Actually My knowledge is limited to smart phones, computers, and other ICT based stuffs. Cars are not my stuffs ( it's beyond my reach, I am not rich man :) ) so I didn't bother reading news related to cars before.

Anyway thanks brother for those information :).

Last edited:
Cryiiiiiinnnng in reality

I don't know why Bangladeshis keep buying Indian bikes - but Indian mfr.'s days are hopefully numbered.

giphy.gif

Right, but you have China who has "reeducation" camps for Muslims.

Modi couldnt pull that off even in his dreams.

Spare us the BS.

You guys elected this Moron's a$$.

Now taste the medicine...

Actually My knowledge is actually limited to smart phone, computers, and other ICT based stuffs. Cars are not my stuffs ( it's beyond my reach, I am not rich man :) ) so I didn't bother reading news related cars before.

Anyway thanks brother for those information :).

Anytime brother - I am not that rich either, though a little 'shoukheen'.

Like the Tk. 300 'special roast' coffee habit once in a while. Shokher dam lakh taka...

Meanwhile, Indonesia is moving up a few notches in resourcing Passenger train technology with Swiss help.

Switzerland to construct train factory in Banyuwangi

21st September 2019

13A8E804-1E1F-453A-A4EA-B74CBD6B9510.jpeg

The Swiss train manufacturing company Stadler Rail signed an investment agreement with Indonesian train manufacturing company PT INKA in the form of a joint venture to establish a train factory in Banyuwangi, East Java. (ANTARA/Doc. Indonesian Embassy in Bern)

London (ANTARA) - Swiss train manufacturing company Stadler Rail sealed an investment agreement with Indonesian train manufacturing company PT INKA in the form of a joint venture to establish a train factory in Banyuwangi, East Java.

The agreement was inked by Stadler Rail Executive Chairman Peter Spuhler and President Director of PT INKA Budi Noviantoro. It was witnessed by Indonesia's State-Owned Enterprises (SOEs) Minister Rini Soemarno and Indonesian Ambassador to Switzerland Muliaman D. Hadad.

The agreement was signed at the Stadler Rail headquarters in Bussnang, Switzerland, according to a written statement issued by the Indonesian Embassy in Bern and received here on Saturday.

Minister Soemarno stated that the investment will strongly support the development of transportation facilities in Indonesia, taking into account the fact that number of train passengers in the country continues to rise annually.

Ambassador Hadad remarked that in addition to obtaining investment and technology transfer from Switzerland as well as meeting the needs of more trains in Indonesia, the products of the joint venture company also hold potential to be exported to other nations in the Asia region.

Related news: Switzerland expedites Indonesia-EFTA CEPA ratification

The total investment is valued to reach US$100 million to be channeled to produce 125 train carriages annually, and the production will be increased to one thousand carriages per year.

Indonesia's state railway company PT KAI will be the key buyer of train carriages produced by the joint venture company.

The train factory will be built in an area of 83 hectares in Banyuwangi City that has a seaport located as far as three kilometers from the factory, the work on which is expected to be completed in 2020.

Furthermore, in a bid to back human resource development to cater to the needs of this industrial workforce, Stadler Rail will also establish a railway vocational school in Indonesia.

Bangladesh sets sights on broader cooperation with Indonesian SOEs
2nd Mar 2020 17:35

WhatsApp-Image-2020-03-01-at-20.44.38.jpeg

Jakarta (ANTARA) - Bangladeshi Railways Minister Nurul Islam Sujon is aiming to intensify cooperation with Indonesian state-owned enterprises (SOEs).

To this end, Sujon had paid a visit to Indonesia on Friday (Feb 28) to meet SOEs Minister Erick Thohir and several SOEs in the railways sector, such as electronic equipment maker PT Len Industri, train manufacturer PT Industri Kereta Api (Inka), and railway operator PT Kereta Api Indonesia (KAI).

"On this occasion, I also invite Indonesian SOEs to visit Bangladesh to explore further potential for cooperation in the railways sector for the mutual welfare of both countries," Sujon noted in his statement, Monday.

During his stay in the country, Sujon also observed the SiLSafe 4000 signaling system owned by PT Len Industri (Persero) that operates in Madiun Station, the South-Java double track.

On this occasion, Sujon lauded PT Len's products at the station of SIL 4 security level.

"Good and extraordinary products," the minister noted.

Indonesia has supplied to Bangladesh modifications to the railroad signaling system on the Ishurdi-Joydepur Line by PT Len Industri and hundreds of train cars by PT INKA.

At the national level, PT Len has installed its products at 219 stations along the 2,430-kilometer line across Indonesia for the past 37 years.

Meanwhile, since 2009, Bangladesh, under the leadership of Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina, has given top priority to investment in the rail transportation sector. Currently, it has 259 locomotives, 1,624 passenger cars, and 3,486 wagons of total length of 2,955 kilometers to serve 43 districts in Bangladesh.

"PT Len is one of the railroad transportation companies that is currently the leader in the field of railroad signaling systems, substation systems, power systems, telecommunications systems, and SCADA systems in Indonesia. Our engineers also have IRSE (Institution of Railway Signal Engineers) and AFEO (ASEAN Federation of Engineering Organizations) licenses," the company's managing director, Zakky Gamal Yasin, stated.

The agenda of Sujon's visit was to explore business and economic cooperation between both nations, especially in the development of the railways system in Bangladesh.
Related news: SOEs to partake in bidding to manufacture 1,050 train cars

Related news: Indonesia, Bangladesh review cooperation on power plant development

Close

EDITED BY INE
https://en.antaranews.com/news/1426...s-on-broader-cooperation-with-indonesian-soes

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom