What's new

INS Arihant sails out of harbour

220px-Ohio-class_submarine_launches_Tomahawk_Cruise_missiles_%28artist_concept%29.jpg

we can bring 100s such images to prove our point .

Chinese JIN

Type+094+Jin+Class+Nuclear-Powered+Ballistic+Missile+Submarines+%28SSBN%29launched+test+fired+fully+operational+next+year+with+their+JL-2+submarine-launched+ballistic+missiles+%28SLBMs%29096097095092a+%281%29.jpg

Type+094+Jin+Class+Nuclear-Powered+Ballistic+Missile+Submarines+%28SSBN%29launched+test+fired+fully+operational+next+year+with+their+JL-2+submarine-launched+ballistic+missiles+%28SLBMs%29096097095092a+%282%29.jpg

India could use ToT from Scorpion's to base it's SSN on Scorpion, like Brazil is doing.

Isnt France transferring its Barracuda SSN to Brazil sans reactor..?

The next class of SSBNs will be probably bigger and accommodate more number of SILOs...

Almost all the SSBNs are like this because of the presence of hump to accommodate SLBMs .
OK.But it has uneven surface all along the top.Its like it has two humps.BTW,I could not find any other SSBN with a top like Arihant

Man the Indian navy is formidable indengious nuclear subs
Indengioys carrier vikrant
Indengious stealth destroyers kolkstta.

Absolute world class stuff
Indigenization is one thing but man ``world class``:-)lol:) is not really the word to describe it.It is way too early to regard any of ur mentioned boats as ``world class``

Arihant is already tested at very deep in sea at around 500 meter and it worked perfectly well. We may expeact harbour trial to be trouble free.
are you saying this based on news some time back? I think that is not true. Navy and PMO ( I assume PMO has a direct role in defining test plan) will not risk such a critical asset early in lifecycle. Once it is proven, It can be tried. But 500 meter is a lot. It won't be tried for more than 300 m.

Whoa some great news there! Particularly impressed that work on the SSN class is that advanced in design stages.

Me too but why can't we build Scorpene like subs at home surely they cannot be more technologically advanced them nuclear powered subs

Why does this sub has uneven top?Looks like it has a dent near the stern.

Must be due to bad posture :p:

Me too but why can't we build Scorpene like subs at home surely they cannot be more technologically advanced them nuclear powered subs

Must be due to bad posture :p:

Nuclear posture is not always ' bad posture ' :D

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom