1431064.jpg

1430966.jpg

1430970.jpg

1431063.jpg

1430967.jpg

1430973.jpg

1430974.jpg

1430975.jpg

The Indian Navy's Shivalik-class stealth multi-role frigate INS Sahyadri(F49) transits to Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickam in preparation for the ship's participation in Rim of the Pacific (RIMPAC) Exercise 2014. 22 nations, more than 40 ships and submarines, more than 200 aircraft and 25,000 personnel are participating in RIMPAC from June 26 to Aug. 1, in and around the Hawaiian Islands. The world's largest international maritime exercise, RIMPAC provides a unique training opportunity that helps participants foster and sustain the cooperative relationships that are critical to ensuring the safety of sea lanes and security on the world's oceans. RIMPAC 2014 is the 24th exercise in the series that began in 1971. (Text & Photos: US Navy).

Livefist: Beauty! Indian Home-built Stealth Frigate Sahyadri At Pearl Harbour For #RIMPAC14

Am I the only one who thinks this should belong to the category of Destroyers , Anyway nice pics :enjoy:

Looking good. Post more. Please and thank you.
Sir I guess its high time Japan should focus on building an Aircraft Carrier ( you were once masters in it )

Am I the only one who thinks this should belong to the category of Destroyers , Anyway nice pics :enjoy:

Sir I guess its high time Japan should focus on building an Aircraft Carrier ( you were once masters in it )

Bhai sahab, they couldn't build it till now because of Postdam that US imposed on them for the last 70 years. However, Abe-san is trying to sort out this matter in their parliament to repeal Article 9. Once that is scrapped, you will see the Samurai rising again.

What?? we send only one Ship?????????????????????

What?? we send only one Ship?????????????????????

Why do you say that?????????? Its for an Exercise, not for an Invasion! :D

Seriously speaking now: the presence at Exercise are mutually decided earlier. So was this presence.

Why do you say that?????????? Its for an Exercise, not for an Invasion! :D

Seriously speaking now: the presence at Exercise are mutually decided earlier. So was this presence.

Daaa... buy 1 doesn't sound good.... send 2 0r 3........ i think chineses send 4 right??

You do have a point there.
Just look at the retired Iowa class Battleship in the background to INS Shivalik (in the 1st picture of Post#1 above)and compare the relative sizes of the two!
Also the white structure in the Sea above the line of the Shivalik's bow is the USS Arizona Memorial to the Sailors who died in the attack on Pearl harbor in WW2.

I think they already have aircraft carriers but they r using them as Helicopter carriers8-)

Bhai sahab, they couldn't build it till now because of Postdam that US imposed on them for the last 70 years. However, Abe-san is trying to sort out this matter in their parliament to repeal Article 9. Once that is scrapped, you will see the Samurai rising again.
Yeah Rise of Japan is good for stability in Asia:pop:

don't compare with Chinese.we don't even belong in Pacific.India sent one Frigate and Helicopters...

here is the full list....

Participants - RIMPAC 2014 | Commander, U.S. Pacific Fleet

you can see multiple countries only send stuffs or diving units and so on..eve UK didn't send any ships.

Holy shmokes! The USN armada is like a planned-war machine!! :eek:

We should have sent at least two ships and IN's Dhruvs.

Why? For pride purely? The Dhruvs are not deployed on ANY IN ship- they are purely SHORE-BASED assets.

Actually they do land on ships. It is just that IN didn't induct more.

Please check any video of IN. HAL Dhruv is shown at least landing once on any frigate.

Actually they do land on ships. It is just that IN didn't induct more.

Please check any video of IN. HAL Dhruv is shown at least landing once on any frigate.

Sure that Dhruvs have landed on IN ships; even on Frigates If a Seaking can land on a IN ship then a Dhruv certainly can. However Dhruvs are not operationally deployed on IN ships yet.

Regarding the IN presence at RIMPAC 2014; its not a "Dick v/s Dick occasion". The IN has a deployed what it considers a suitable presence to that Exercise.
Its not about to burn up its OPEX budget at random.

Back
Top Bottom