What's new

INS Vikramaditya

No. It has a capacity of up to 30 fixed wing aircraft. Plans are to have a sqdn of Mig-29s(16-18 Mig 29s) along with 10-12 Helicopters on Vikramaditya.

I thinks it's 30 aircrafts in total, not 30 fixed wing aircrafts. So your second sentence makes sense. (Although, those 16-18 fixed wing aircrafts would also be a mix of Mig 29Ks and NLCAs depending on operational requirements for the mission.)

Hopefully the IAC can carry upto 30 fixed wing ones. That would be some awesome combat power.

No. It has a capacity of up to 30 fixed wing aircraft. Plans are to have a sqdn of Mig-29s(16-18 Mig 29s) along with 10-12 Helicopters on Vikramaditya.

So,if we have 30 fixed wing acs,will there be still space for helis?

Ships are referred to as "she" as a matter of tradition alone, not by visual inspection of its private parts as in the case of humans. Which part of the ship did you look at that you think is male? ..............Yada, yada, yada................and I want to know what exactly they are seeing when they say this.

Wow, what a riposte! Wasted though, I may add.

I know that a ship is reffered to as a "she" (tradition etc); same as a country is!

What I meant was this behemoth of a ship reminds one of a muscled warrior (hercules et al) than a lissome beauty (too many et al) :lol: (Don't you dare accuse me of stereotyping the phenotype! :P)

The clue was the pulsar ad which you can watch on youtube for clearing any doubt.

This is not some ego issue for us , I suggest you do not make it yours! :)

Last on this from my side , let us get back to the main discussion.

1.I thinks it's 30 aircrafts in total, not 30 fixed wing aircrafts. So your second sentence makes sense. (Although, those 16-18 fixed wing aircrafts would also be a mix of Mig 29Ks and NLCAs depending on operational requirements for the mission.)

2.Hopefully the IAC can carry upto 30 fixed wing ones. That would be some awesome combat power.

1. You are right about that, thirty is the max capacity.
Though NLCA mixing with MiG 29k as per op req is not going to happen at least on board The Vik. NLCA Mk2 is not going to be delivered so quickly.

2. IAC will not have a combat air arm of 30. It will max at 20-24 with a lot of compromise.

Wow, what a riposte! Wasted though, I may add.
This is not some ego issue for us , I suggest you do not make it yours!

1. You are right about that, thirty is the max capacity.
Though NLCA mixing with MiG 29k as per op req is not going to happen at least on board The Vik. NLCA Mk2 is not going to be delivered so quickly.

2. IAC will not have a combat air arm of 30. It will max at 20-24.

It was merely some light hearted banter, not meant to be confrontational. As I said, I really don't care what pronoun is used.

1) The Vik is supposed to last at least 30 years, right? Surely the NLCA will arrive a lot sooner than that, despite what some of our neighbours say about the LCA program!

2) 24 fixed wing aircrafts? If so, thats still a few more than the Vik, and that's still some serious combat power for the IN. 24 Mig 29Ks is no joke in this region. How many aircrafts in total, including helis?

It was merely some light hearted banter, not meant to be confrontational. As I said, I really don't care what pronoun is used.

Wow, then I'd really like to see you in some "heavy" hearted banter! :)
Nice to end this on a happy note!

1) The Vik is supposed to last at least 30 years, right? Surely the NLCA will arrive a lot sooner than that, despite what some of our neighbours say about the LCA program!

2) 24 fixed wing aircrafts? If so, thats still a few more than the Vik, and that's still some serious combat power for the IN. 24 Mig 29Ks is no joke in this region. How many aircrafts in total, including helis?

1) It is not about the NLCA completing it's development cycle; in fact I believe that even NLCA Mk2 will be ready by 2020.

Even though deployed it will not be able to create a niche for itself and thus no op req will mandate NLCA.

I feel that the real first carrier worthy craft India will produce is N AMCA and thus the reply.

2) 24 is the absolute max and there will be some compromise. Even then the IAC will pack a nice punch, no doubt about that.

Max capacity is 30 crafts ( Helis and jets)

Thanks guys, but what I am looking for are new pics of the ramp or new top views, because as this pic roughly shows, there are take off markings painted on the deck and the ramp now:

000bf62a

ac7ait4r.jpg

If we get a bette view of these markings, we also get a better idea of a few things about INS Vikramaditya...

...where the take off positions are

...if simultaneous take off an landing operations are possible

...how many parking positions for aircrafts are available on deck

From this angle I would say, the markings are similar to the marking on the pics that UDAYCAMPUS posted from Admiral Kuznetsov class carrier. That means that the earlier models and graphics of the new INS Vikramaditya decklayout would be wrong, because the forward take off position would be in front of the island and not at the side.

Older Model:

SHIP_CV_Vikramaditya_Model_lg.jpg

If that is true, no fighters or helicopters could be parked in front of the island, which reduces the numbers of possible fighters that could be carriered. The space on the side of the island might only be enough for AEW or ASW helicopters, if at all.
Also, with the layout from the model simultaneous take off and landing would not be possible, because both take off positions would be in the way of a landing fighter and the arrested landing system. With the layout of the Kuznetsov class instead, the forward position is not interfering with landings.

Currently it is expected that Vikramaditya can carry an airwing of a total of 30 x aircrafts, which includes helicopters. That's why earlier estimations talked about 16 x Mig 29s + 8 x N-LCAs + 6 x helicopters (possibly 3 x AEW and 3 x ASW). The question is on which layout these estimations were based and how many fighters can be carried if the forward parking locations are deleted?

According to official figures from the design bureu, INS Vik can carry 24 mig 29Ks and 6 helicopters in attack config, and 21 mig 29Ks and 13 helicopters in mixed config. A poster on BR has reported this, but I can't link it here.

Back
Top Bottom