What's new

Inside Pakistan's Sharp Sword - The Special Service Group (SSG).

the camel hump is not for 11000 but around half of that.
As Salam o Alaikum,
Do they or any official SSG authority sell watches their? A couple of years ago I brought a mug from their as a souvenir but didn't ask about the cample hump or the watches....

BTW is this the 'Camel Hump'
scrnli_11_3_2020_3-13-34 PM.png
scrnli_11_3_2020_3-13-12 PM.png

Last edited:
One of the roles that SSG was tasked to have was to stay behind in Pakistani towns if Pakistan is run over by India. This could have been applied in East Pakistan had the surrender not taken place.

One of the roles that SSG was tasked to have was to stay behind in Pakistani towns if Pakistan is run over by India. This could have been applied in East Pakistan had the surrender not taken place.
Yup it could have helped. Do you know something about the 'identity thing' and is Zarrar our approx tier 1?
As Salam o Alaikum,
Do they or any official SSG authority sell watches their? A couple of years ago I brought a mug from their as a souvenir but didn't ask about the cample hump or the watches....

BTW is this the 'Camel Hump'
View attachment 685166View attachment 685167

@Reichmarshal

Last edited:
Things are available in the Mkt, not that readly as before but still available.
U can only imploy such tactics if the general population is on ur side or at the very least have some support, in 71 the population had turned on us.
We were losing soldier even in the hospitals.

Last edited:

One regular brigade out of three ex 14 Division was taken up for this experiment a bit before 65 War ... A whole brigade fighting on lines of guerilla warfare which was found extremely successful in 1965 war....

Sadly, many of the veterans of this very brigade were also instrumental in mounting of several such attacks against Pak Army in 1971.

Zarrar Coy is the approximate Tier 1/SMU of Pakistan Special Operation Forces. It is the most trained and elite unit of SSG.
Combined with 3 Cdo Bn Powindah (Karrar is embedded inside Zarrar) it forms the "Special Operations Task Force''.
1) Why is it called SOTF? Don't the other units of SSG conduct Special Operations? What are the roles of the other units.
2) Is an SSG Janbaz trained only in one scope of warfare (i.e. Urban/ Airborne/ Maritime/ Guerilla/ Mountain/ Desert/ COIN/ Unconventional/ CT/ Jungle etc.) or can a single SSG Janbaz be trained in mulitiple scopes of warfare?
3) Is Zarrar only reserved for Urban Warfare, CT, COIN or can it conduct OPs in Jungle, Desert, Mountains, Unconventional, Guerilla, Airborne, Maritime, etc. Has it been deployed in Kashmir, Narogo Karabakh, Yemen, Afghanistan, Waziristan, Swat, etc? Being trained in CT can it fight soldiers of other Armies other than just countering terrorist?

Plus I have seen video of Yalghaar Cdo Bn doing hostage-rescue:
@Horus @Metal 0-1 @PanzerKiel @Reichmarshal

Last edited:
Zarrar Coy is the approximate Tier 1/SMU of Pakistan Special Operation Forces. It is the most trained and elite unit of SSG.
Combined with 3 Cdo Bn Powindah (Karrar is embedded inside Zarrar) it forms the "Special Operations Task Force''.
1) Why is it called SOTF? Don't the other units of SSG conduct Special Operations? What are the roles of the other units.
2) Is an SSG Janbaz trained only in one scope of warfare (i.e. Urban/ Airborne/ Maritime/ Guerilla/ Mountain/ Desert/ COIN/ Unconventional/ CT/ Jungle etc.) or can a single SSG Janbaz be trained in mulitiple scopes of warfare?
3) Is Zarrar only reserved for Urban Warfare, CT, COIN or can it conduct OPs in Jungle, Desert, Mountains, Unconventional, Guerilla, Airborne, Maritime, etc. Has it been deployed in Kashmir, Narogo Karabakh, Yemen, Afghanistan, Waziristan, Swat, etc.

Plus I have seen video of Yalghaar Cdo Bn doing hostage-rescue:
@Horus @Metal 0-1 @PanzerKiel @Reichmarshal

Your asking for too much info on a Task Force that's supposed to be clandestine.

Suffice it to say most tier 1 units train an operator to specialize in one or two roles and then they work together in a team.

Your asking for too much info on a Task Force that's supposed to be clandestine.

Suffice it to say most tier 1 units train an operator to specialize in one or two roles and then they work together in a team.
Don't share the classified stuff just share the general stuff or privately message me.

Don't share the classified stuff just share the general stuff or privately message me.
To the extent possible I have. Although I am not in any service.

An operator is a tool; a very sharp, refined, razor edge tool. But its effectiveness will always be dependant upon how the operation as a whole is planned and executed.

American SOF (supposedly the best) and with whole bunch of allies couldn't do jack in Afghanistan. Sure they must've done great shock and awe raids and some war crimes(a la Australians) to stoke fear in enemy ranks.

But how effective was that at the large scale? Afghanis made Americans and NATO chase their own tail. The guy who is one day ANA general, whom they are briefing about how things are gonna go down. Next day he has defected to another faction. Or is AWOL. Or some politician they were grooming now suddenly is Taliban cuz some stupid soldier insulted his religion/culture.

Socio-Politics is where America lost it in Afghanistan

Compare that with same American SOF/SOCOM in Iraq where similar loosely controlled SOF units with more autonomy/loose command structure yielded much better results.

To go along with that US civ-mil leadership played Iraqi socio-politics against Iraqis very well. It was a country which had systematically been starved through sanctions much like Yemen and then picked from the tree like ripe fruit.

So SOF units are just a tool. Dependant upon how good the greater game is planned.

To the extent possible I have. Although I am not in any service.

An operator is a tool; a very sharp, refined, razor edge tool. But its effectiveness will always be dependant upon how the operation as a whole is planned and executed.

American SOF (supposedly the best) and with whole bunch of allies couldn't do jack in Afghanistan. Sure they must've done great shock and awe raids and some war crimes(a la Australians) to stoke fear in enemy ranks.

But how effective was that at the large scale? Afghanis made Americans and NATO chase their own tail. The guy who is one day ANA general, whom they are briefing about how things are gonna go down. Next day he has defected to another faction. Or is AWOL. Or some politician they were grooming now suddenly is Taliban cuz some stupid soldier insulted his religion/culture.

Socio-Politics is where America lost it in Afghanistan

Compare that with same American SOF/SOCOM in Iraq where similar loosely controlled SOF units with more autonomy/loose command structure yielded much better results.

To go along with that US civ-mil leadership played Iraqi socio-politics against Iraqis very well. It was a country which had systematically been starved through sanctions much like Yemen and then picked from the tree like ripe fruit.

So SOF units are just a tool. Dependant upon how good the greater game is planned.
Assalam O Alaikum
JazakAllah for the answer. I am just being curious about the questions that I asked but your reply is also informative.
Fear not the army of Lions lead by a Coward. Fear the army of cowards(or lions) lead by Lions.

Actually that role was devised by US.Pakistan was frontline state in West fight against commies.US and PA raised and trained 19 Bln crica 1953-54, into a special unit for covert warfare,in 1956 it was enlarged and SSG was formed.It's primary role during it's inception was fighting an unconventional war if Pak is overrun by Red Army.Pakistan quest for a spec ops unit dates back to 1950.

Back
Top Bottom