What's new

Iran attacked US drone a week ago

The RQ-170 incident and this one,makes them think twice before even beginning to send a drone near our borders.

If this was the intent then it has backfired/failed. The US let Iran know through official channels that we would continue sending drones patrolling the area and would defend our assets.

If this was the intent then it has backfired/failed. The US let Iran know through official channels that we would continue sending drones patrolling the area and would defend our assets.

Patrol the 'area' as much as you like,but don't think of sending your drones to Iran.
RQ-170 was too precious,if you insist giving us another,we appreciate it.

If Iran had shot it down,you would cry us a river that: Look! Iran shot our drone,how 'evil' they are.

Now that we refused to shoot it down (Shooting that big slow flying object is the easiest task for any air force),you are making fun of it that : Look! they can't shoot down a drone!

We simply didn't want to take the drone out,to avoid further escalation of currently high tension,just a warning to you that never send these toys near our borders.

Firing missiles is not the same as refusing to shoot it down. I cry a river for your embarrassment.

Iran has attacked a US drone a week ago but the drone is intact. Fox news said the drone has been doing surveillance 16 miles away from the Iranian border ( Then it would be over international waters but very close to the Iranian waters)

Iran fired at unarmed US drone, Pentagon says | Fox News

iran can't attack anything. they fired and missed at these drones with their vintage 1950's soviet fighter jets.

The real concern is that they missed. How come? It should have been easy pickings, unless Americans got some better tech.

iran can't attack anything. they fired and missed at these drones with their vintage 1950's soviet fighter jets.

Should have still been easy the MQ1 is a slow moving target.

Firing missiles is not the same as refusing to shoot it down. I cry a river for your embarrassment.

Did they use missiles? If they just used the gun, then that theory would be true, they just used warning shots to scare it away.

Otherwise I don't see how an intercepted drone would get away.

The real concern is that they missed. How come? It should have been easy pickings, unless Americans got some better tech.

Should have still been easy the MQ1 is a slow moving target.

Wouldn't that be awesome, but no they are not going to put such classified technology on a drone that is prone to crashing. Not worth putting jamming equipment on board.

Did they use missiles? If they just used the gun, then that theory would be true, they just used warning shots to scare it away.

3rd paragraph in the article.

If missiles were fired, then it was of radar intercept, not likely visual range, and if the missiles (assuming plural) missed, then my guess is that it was a combination of the drone's small size and low end missile technology that resulted in the misses.

If guns were used, then it was within visual range, and if they missed, then YE GADS...!!! WHAT KIND OF GUNNERY TRAINING DID THE PILOTS HAVE...!?!?

uh come on gambit.you are an air force expert...dont you think even a f-86 can easily destroys such UAV?
and dont you think shooting a UAV without a warmning is a little bit unfair?

Almost everyone in this forum (Iranian or American, ..) thinks shooting down a radar evading US drone is a piece of cake.
To give a fair analysis:
They are called radar evading for a reason. Think of that very small drone just using an old trick like spraying aluminum powder in the air to make artifacts in the radar. Very few radar systems can track that type of object.
It is one of the latest radar evading drones US has, not chopped liver!

I can think of only 5 cases that a drone was shot or brought down:

1. Serbia (only one by SAM)
2. Iraq (only 1 in about 10 years of continuous clashes by a MiG 29(?))
3. RQ 170 over Iran (Cyber attack ?)
4. Israel 2006 (Hezbollah drone)
5. Israel 2012

uh come on gambit.you are an air force expert...dont you think even a f-86 can easily destroys such UAV?
and dont you think shooting a UAV without a warmning is a little bit unfair?
Fair? Are you joking? :lol: Do you think that 'hacking' a UAV without warning is a little bit unfair?

Looky here...No one believed that 'hacking' business that you guys so desperately latched on. Likewise, no one is believing this line about trying to be 'fair' to a drone.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom