What's new

Iran Builds World's First Missile-Evading Drone

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol....

Israel used missile of Patriot III to shoot down Hezbollah, unarmed, drone.
Well, I don't know why would anyone in his right mind use a missile that costs 10 times more than its target. I guess when another country pays for your defenses.

Wing close up:
742182.jpg

What are we looking at here and what does it mean? Does it mean that the drone is smaller than a copying machine?

Well, I don't know why would anyone in his right mind use a missile that costs 10 times more than its target. I guess when another country pays for your defenses.

Or if your defense budget is $600 billion

Sun Jan 04, 2015 4:52
Iran Builds World's First Missile-Evading Drone ('Sarallah Drone')

TEHRAN (FNA)- An Iranian expert built the world's first missile-evading drone with a self-destructive capability for dangerous situations.
"Given the daily progress of drones as well as the increased missile power to destroy them, a missile-evading drone was designed and built for the first time in the world which can escape thermal and air-to-air missiles and no missile can approach the drone any closer than 250 meters," Hassan Akbari Layeq who has built the 'Sarallah Drone' told FNA on Sunday.

He said the drone is equipped with a deceptive system and can speed up and escape incoming missiles, "And this is the first time that this technology has been designed and used for a 4-kilogram drone."

742233.jpg

a 4 KG drone .... that rules out chaff and flares imho.

Seems like the picture was taken by one.
lol! True the quality of the picture is terrible.

a 4 KG drone .... that rules out chaff and flares imho.
True. Of course it is a first prototype as I understand. The way it works for independent developers is that they usually get funding from ministry of defense and develop a proof of concept and if the results were satisfactory, either the design will be purchased by defense industry or the developer is contracted for mass production.

Ghauri-Hatf-V-Missile-PPI1-640x480.jpg

See this baby it too has missle evading technology its key ingredients it explodes on impact with surface fool proof it comes in two flavours nuclear or HE.

1- They claim that it can fly up to 8km so no MANPAD can reach this altitude. Ideas?
2- Since it is a small drone is it even possible to detect it by MANPADs?

I doubt that a drone so small could reach that altitude. It may sound like a smart idea but can it really perform surveillance and reconnaissance missions from that height? What kind of camera will it have? And how is it going to get there with so little fuel? It must have an insane rate of climb. The Israeli Heron UAV is much larger and only has a rate of climb of 150 meters per minute... Greece also has an indigenous UAV called Pegasus II and although it's obviously much larger than just 4kg it can only fly up to 5,500 meters.

The 8km claim almost sounds like a hyperbole to me...

salam alaikum, I am new to the forum and I would like to bring me more of my country, it speaks to you quelqun French here? thank you and we look forward to hearing from you

(sorry i not speak english) :(
Salam

Since @Hussein lives in France and he is a an Iranian Arab he might help you as well.

Ghauri-Hatf-V-Missile-PPI1-640x480.jpg

See this baby it too has missle evading technology its key ingredients it explodes on impact with surface fool proof it comes in two flavours nuclear or HE.
Lol , U compare your Chinese missles with our missles ! :sarcastic:

Pointless thread, will be reopened if any pic comes out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom