What's new

Iran may become new economic superpower

Just like all countries in ME, Iran enjoys sophisticated corruption networks that make sure that nothing works but their own business. Those with big dreams must not forget that before going to bed and starting thier fancy dreams!

Just like all countries in ME, Iran enjoys sophisticated corruption networks that make sure that nothing works but their own business. Those with big dreams must not forget that before going to bed and starting thier fancy dreams!

Iran indeed does have corruption (to what level I don't know) and this is something that has to be dealt with. I think once the country gets serious about its economical development and creates a proper management system (without which dreams will remain dreams only), then those who try and take advantage of that prosperity and remain corrupt, they will stick out like a sore thumb.

Iran was always India's friend much before than Pakistan's existence....so keep you two cents with you

I did not know you existed before 1947. The "mother" was British Raj from whom both Pak and India came. In case you don't know your history read the link below. Before 1947 the British Raj covered all of Pakistan, India, Bangladesh, Burma, parts of Yeman. That is why both got the to divide the British Raj ....

British Raj - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Ps. Iran will become a economic power and this fantastic news for Pakistan. Before 1979 Pak and Iran were the "tightest buddies". Examples? In both 1965 and 1971 Iranians gave their fighters, ammunition and money to fight India.

That is what I call a ally ...

Mohammad_Ali_Jenah_Iran_stamp.jpg

Iran–Pakistan relations - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited:
Iran indeed does have corruption (to what level I don't know) and this is something that has to be dealt with. I think once the country gets serious about its economical development and creates a proper management system (without which dreams will remain dreams only), then those who try and take advantage of that prosperity and remain corrupt, they will stick out like a sore thumb.

The IRGC's owned corporations are going to have a big battel over the billions that will be released.

Google Oversetter

Researcher: Iran may become new economic superpower
- The country is heading into the "good company", says Ole Gunnar Austvik at NUPI and BI.

Eliezer Laustsen
Published: 07/14/2015 - 1:46 p.m. Updated: 07/14/2015 - 2:13 p.m.
After nearly two years of talks, the parties confirmed in Iran talks on Tuesday that it has achieved consensus on a new nuclear deal.

According to the agreement Iran winding down its nuclear program in exchange for the sanctions against the country lifted (see fact box).

Related stories
The contents of the nuclear treaty

* The agreement provides international transparency in the Iranian nuclear program.

* Iran has agreed that UN sanctions will be restored within 65 days if the agreement is broken.

* UN arms embargo shall comprise a further five years.

* Missile sanctions against Iran will not be suspended for eight years.

* In exchange for access shall be economic sanctions against Iran repealed.

* The text to be adopted as UN Security Council resolution, but it is expected to be a formality since all five permanent members of the Council participated in the negotiations with Iran.

* Agreement to be implemented from the first half of 2016.

(Sources: Reuters, NTB, Ritzau) (© NTB)

It opens opportunities for both Iran and the rest of the world, says senior researcher and professor Ole Gunnar Austvik BI and Norwegian Institute of International Affairs (NUPI).

He believes the country forward might be the Middle East's emerging economic superpower.

- Iran is now part of the international economic community. It means that the country is both a market and an exporter. Economically, this is a country with huge potential, says Austvik to DN.

In other words, Iran is moving into the "good company" again, underlines the scientist.

- Thus they get a political games, they are simply a stronger country, think Austvik adding:

- Iran could become the economic superpower in their area.

Larger resource base
Today it is Iran's neighboring countries - the world's largest oil exporter Saudi Arabia, which is considered to be the Middle East's economic head.But when the sanctions against Iran are repealed, it is the latter that will have the highest possible position to grow economically, says the professor.

file6h0ckx5pdnb1nckggg0h.jpg

- Iran is the major country in this area - both in the area, demographic, cultural and historical. They have a very large resource base with a large population and high level of expertise, says Austvik.

He explains that Saudi Arabia has a more one-sided industrial structure and that country far greater extent depends on the hiring of labor. DN has previously reported that Saudi Arabian oil companies now are looking for Americans with experience in shale oil.

- In Iran, the country's own population is the foundation. In this way, the much greater breadth of resource base and expertise. Iran has the potential of many more things than just oil, says Austvik.

Tourism is among other industries country have talked about betting on, according to the researcher.

Uncertainties
Although the agreement is ready, you will not get Iran sanctions relief before the agreement is implemented. Such implementation will take months, writes Bloomberg News .

The challenge for the country in future will be phasing in the new commercial life, think BI professor.

How the country will come to shoes on the new freedom will depend on how the agreement is approved by the various parties, what it contains and not least how it is implemented.

Austvik therefore believe there is some uncertainty about how the US will react to the Iranian sanctions softened.

This is because US allies in the Middle East, Saudi Arabia and Israel, might become economically outdone by Iran when the country gets more freedom.

- There is an uncertainty as to how the balance goes. I am sure that the US is trying to balance all those things over on his side, he said.

Public Done
Scientist Halvor Kippe the Armed Forces Research Institute, stressed that the agreement means a gradual end to the crippling sanctions for Iran.

- Not only the nuclear and missile programs, but especially also the petroleum and financial sectors. Almost as important means that their controversial program to enrich uranium gets international recognition, he writes in an email to DN.

EU foreign policy chief Federica Mogherini has promised that the agreement will be published in full on Tuesday.

Kippe think, however, it is largely based on what they agreed in Lausanne. He is excited about increasing transparency and research will come to reveal things that Iran has so far denied.

- Increased transparency makes it more difficult for Iran to produce weapons-enriched uranium in secret, and limited capacity in plants means that it takes longer for Iran on producing relevant quantities of weapons-enriched uranium in the known plants if they suddenly decide it in the future. There is also a very ambitious and concrete plan to resolve the question of bygone research on nuclear weapons design between Iran and IAEA. It will be interesting to see whether the latter will reveal things that Iran so far has denied.

Read also: Oil Analyst: - Now gets the ball further momentum

This has happened every year since 2007 in China

Varoufakis: - The agreement is a new Versailles Treaty

See also:

Iranian wheels have just started to move on. Wait and see when it will be running and winning races :)

And that is some good news.
We had arrogant galoots in ME who needed a tough competitor.

Most people think Iran to be a supporter of Shia causes across the world, but what they don't realize is that Iran is greatest supporter of Palestine, a Sunni majority cause.

Economically Super Power?.

Not impossible but not an easy task too.

To be there you need:

Resources they have it.

big population they have it

Good trained cheap hard workers they have them

industry not bad

level of acceptable technology yes

Market they have them

For Iran to be a Super Power again it's affordable The biggest driver for better per capeta that is handy right now is

Resources like Oil and Natural gas these two will push up at least boost it to 12-15000 per capita that's absolutely possible soon.

Next Services this sector can push it another little bit it may add another 5 grand in the coming 5-10 years not bad at all.

Then industry now they do good.

So if Iran mange to raise it up to 30 grand per capita it will be a mini super power some thing like Germany.

It's a challenge to them for sure, all they need is to keep tension with the west to the minimum.

I did not know you existed before 1947. The "mother" was British Raj from whom both Pak and India came. In case you don't know your history read the link below. Before 1947 the British Raj covered all of Pakistan, India, Bangladesh, Burma, parts of Yeman. That is why both got the to divide the British Raj ....

British Raj - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Ps. Iran will become a economic power and this fantastic news for Pakistan. Before 1979 Pak and Iran were the "tightest buddies". Examples? In both 1965 and 1971 Iranians gave their fighters, ammunition and money to fight India.

That is what I call a ally ...

Mohammad_Ali_Jenah_Iran_stamp.jpg

Iran–Pakistan relations - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Well you could have said your point of view without being personal and without adding first line.
Your British raj started with East India company....

You don't actually have to love any. My main point was an attempt to find a reason for Indians' quick support of any big (may be overstated) headline that is posted here about Iran's present or potential "greatness". It must be noted that Iran's government is in full control of the Media and a lot of the news coming from Iran are filled with the usual 3rd world government propaganda. The average Iranians are generally furstrated with their government, but Iranian PDF memebrs don't show this to outsiders (except few ones like @Abii).
Ofcourse "Indians don't give two hoots" about any country in the region progressing. That is why every small development project in the neighborhood, be it in Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Nepal or Pakistan becomes a "national security issue" for India.

C'mon give us a break and take your bullshyte somewhere else.

We are happy for Iran, hope the country progresses well and also solves it rivalry with Saudis.

In all my 4-5 years on this site..I haven't come across a Indian poster who has ever thrashed Iran or spoken negatively of it. They have always supported them and have been neutral with regards to ksa.

On the contrary - the pakistanis have been jumping from one boat to the other - saudis were dearest friends one day and the next were the one's spreading terrorists, the Americans were allies and the next day were sworn enemies, the russians weren't to be trusted and now are potential strategic partners. Israelis are sworn enemies but then many paksitani have opined closer relations with them too. I don't have a problem with the fickle mindedness of the pakistanis and their policy makers because they havent been too bright in their policies.

In fact can any old or new Iranian members here name an Indian poster who has had a negative view on Iran or has gotten into an argument with? I haven't come across any yet. @SOHEIL @haman10 @Serpentine ?

Last edited:
It is so interesting to see Indians' support of Iran here in PDF. That support is not for the sake of Iran's love as much as it is a pay back to Pakistan (which is a well-known ally of KSA). For hardliners Hindus, KSA is the birth place of Islam and siding with Iran (with its overstated pre-Islamic nationalistic noise) is also a pay back to that religion and its followers.

My two cents.

Islam has got nothing to do with trade relations. It is purely a business need. If that had not been the case, then your country would not have had trade relations with USA. KSA is a big producer, USA is a large consumer and oil has no religion, only some chemical properties.

The same is the case pretty much everywhere else. Those who are having some fantasies involving religion or sect, they can are most welcome to sit this one out.

Back
Top Bottom