What's new

Iran, Tajikistan biggest trade partners, free trade zone in future

bro the video isn't showing for me

Not sure if it's on my part or yours

Edit: working now

thanks for posting the video
I'm planning a backpacking trip to UZB and Tajikestan for around 2015-16

As the guy at the end said, once IRan becomes free, we'll move closer to them. All this money that's going to these arabs in lebanon etc... must go to Central Asia.

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks for posting the video
I'm planning a backpacking trip to UZB and Tajikestan for around 2015-16

As the guy at the end said, once IRan becomes free, we'll move closer to them. All this money that's going to these arabs in lebanon etc... must go to Central Asia.

Thats good that you are going. 1/3 of Uzbekistan is also Persian, including the cities of Samarqand and Bukhara. I too wish to go Tajikistan soon, maybe this summer.

Thats good that you are going. 1/3 of Uzbekistan is also Persian, including the cities of Samarqand and Bukhara. I too wish to go Tajikistan soon, maybe this summer.

yeah, that's why I want to go to UZB. The cities are pretty much in the bottom half of the country anyway.

I wish I could also go to Turkemistan. We got a little North Korea on our Northern borders. I doubt these guys would let anyone just walk in though.

yeah, that's why I want to go to UZB. The cities are pretty much in the bottom half of the country anyway.

I wish I could also go to Turkemistan. We got a little North Korea on our Northern borders. I doubt these guys would let anyone just walk in though.

I have seen a BBC documentary on Turkmenistan. Place was really phucked under the last Turkmenbashi. He named the 12 months of the year after his family members, wrote a book named Ruhnameh which all Turkmen's had to be tested on in schools, during job interviews, even during driving tests! His face was also literally everywhere, on walls, sweet boxes, vodka bottles.

I hope it has cooled down a bit under this new guy. I know a few Turkmen, they are cool people. Wish them the best.

I have seen a BBC documentary on Turkmenistan. Place was really phucked under the last Turkmenbashi. He named the 12 months of the year after his family members, wrote a book named Ruhnameh which all Turkmen's had to be tested on in schools, during job interviews, even during driving tests! His face was also literally everywhere, on walls, sweet boxes, vodka bottles.

I hope it has cooled down a bit under this new guy. I know a few Turkmen, they are cool people. Wish them the best.

lol yeah, I first found out about Turkeministan's weirdness after I read some random blog on the net, then watched a couple of docs and was blown away lol

the most weird thing about Turkeministan for me was the fact that they have people washing the roads. Who the heck washes asphalt?! lmao

I don't know how true that was but I read it in that travel blog I came across.

Shahin, they also have this.

The Darvaza area is rich in natural gas. While drilling in 1971 geologists accidentally found an underground cavern filled with natural gas. The ground beneath the drilling rig collapsed, leaving a large hole with a diameter of about 50-100 meters. To avoid poisonous gas discharge, it was decided to burn the gas. Geologists had hoped the fire would go out in a few days but it has been burning ever since. Locals have named the cavern The Door to Hell. Next to capturing the gas, flaring is safer and friendlier to the environment than releasing the methane into the atmosphere as methane is a relatively potent greenhouse gas with a high global warming potential of 72 (averaged over 20 years) or 25 (averaged over 100 years).

Tajikistan with more than 7,500,000 population and nominal GDP less than $7 billion is not in a good economical condition. We should help them to re-construct their economy.

Tajikistan_Export_Treemap.png

Tajikistan Export Treemap from MIT Harvard Economic Complexity Observatory

Tajikistan with more than 7,500,000 population and nominal GDP less than $7 billion is not in a good economical condition. We should help them to re-construct their economy.

Yes, we are currently their biggest trade partner, alongside China. Hopefully opportunities for trade and such will continue to improve in the future.

IRAN AND TAJIKISTAN TAKE ONE STEP CLOSER TO FREE TRADE/VISA ZONE

Iran, Tajikistan Ink MoU on Economic Cooperation
TEHRAN (FNA)- Iran and Tajikistan signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for the expansion of their economic cooperation in the two countries' Free Trade Zones, an Iranian official announced on Monday.

"Free Trade Zones enjoy a special position in the advanced and developed countries' economic growth and they play the role of a powerful economic leverage among the exporting countries," Head of Aras Free Zone Organization Sadeq Najafi said.

He announced endorsement of an MoU for the further development of economic cooperation between Tehran and Dushanbe, and said the Sa'd Free Trade Zone in Tajikistan and the Aras Free Trade Zone in Iran can play important roles in the further development of the two countries' economic cooperation.

Iran and Tajikistan have recently accelerated expansion of their ties and cooperation and observers believe that the good achievements gained in area of their mutual cooperation should be deemed as a result of the efforts made by the two countries' officials.

Last week, Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad and his Tajik counterpart Emomali Rahmon, in a meeting in the Kuwaiti capital city, explored avenues for the further expansion of bilateral relations.

During the meeting held on the sidelines of the 1st summit of the Asian Cooperation Dialogue (ACD) in Kuwait city on Tuesday evening, Ahmadinejad and Rahmon studied the ongoing cooperation between the two countries as well as future outlook for mutual cooperation.

The two sides also underlined the necessity for rapid and effective implementation of joint infrastructural projects in the field of energy, transportation, industry, agriculture, economy, science and culture.

Fars News Agency :: Iran, Tajikistan Ink MoU on Economic Cooperation

Back
Top Bottom