What's new

Iranian Aviation Products..military and civilian

Fx-Yv-Uqxa-UAAwv-Rs.jpg

Fx-Yv-Uqza-EAMl-IFS.jpg

Fx-Yv-Uqya-UAANOe-I.jpg

Disappointed with the cockpit..no MFDs ..I suspect the avionics are still original IR140..the passenger version needs to have digital avionics....great achievement to have this in the air..

Last edited:
Very important development. From now on, we will see more advanced/different versions. Hopefully we will see an AWAC version soon.

Disappointed with the cockpit..no MFDs ..I suspect the avionics are still original IR140..the passenger version needs to have digital avionics....great achievement to have this in the air..

HESA does crap like that. The Saegheh-I/II cockpits were basic F-5E/F as well because they were not ordered by IRIAF for production. Kowsar was ordered so they modernized the cockpits.

If Simorgh is ordered by IRIN/IRGCN the cockpit layout, internal architecture will be different. Same goes for AWACS role. The radars will be fitted either on fueselage like ATR or in nose etc.

wonder AN-140 had 2 crew , why this one had 3
The third guy is flight test eng..the aircraft at this point still has lots of non native sensors (strain gauges, accelerometers , temp sensors..etc) exclusive to flight test.and transponder for telemetry to the ground..data is calibrated and recorded for analysis by flight test team.

"Iran's Defense Minister Brigadier General Mohammad Reza Ashtiani wrote in this regard on his Twitter account, "This morning, according to the promise we made, the flight test of Simorgh, which is the result of the efforts and endeavors of my colleagues in the defense ministry, was completed successfully. The flight took place according to international aviation standards for 20 minutes at an altitude of 8,000 feet...."
https://en.mehrnews.com/news/201423/Iran-successfully-test-flies-domestically-made-aircraft

Fx-Yv-Uqya-UAANOe-I.jpg

Some specs on :SIMORGH cargo version
  • Two turboprop engines give the aircraft Max speed of 530 Kilometer/hour
  • Flight range :3900 kilometers
  • Max load : 6 metric tons
  • Take of runway: 1450 meters
  • Landing runway: 900 meters
Note: New larger surface wings has enabled the aircraft take off and land in shorter runways and to hold more fuel .

Fx-Yv-Uqya-UAANOe-I.jpg

Some specs on :SIMORGH cargo version
  • Two turboprop engines give the aircraft Max speed of 530 Kilometer/hour
  • Flight range :3900 kilometers
  • Max load : 6 metric tons
  • Take of runway: 1450 meters
  • Landing runway: 900 meters
Note: New larger surface wings has enabled the aircraft take off and land in shorter runways and to hold more fuel .
Are the engines domestic?

Back
Top Bottom