What's new

Iranian mathematician first woman to win 'Nobel Prize of maths'

Interesting,
@Serpentine, Now I see the real reason and motivation of her promotions, she used to be a school mate of a UT student.

Tehran
As a child growing up in Tehran, Mirzakhani had no intention of becoming a mathematician. Her chief goal was simply to read every book she could find. She also watched television biographies of famous women such as Marie Curie and Helen Keller, and later read “Lust for Life,” a novel about Vincent van Gogh. These stories instilled in her an undefined ambition to do something great with her life — become a writer, perhaps.

Mirzakhani finished elementary school just as the Iran-Iraq war was drawing to a close and opportunities were opening up for motivated students. She took a placement test that secured her a spot at the Farzanegan middle school for girls in Tehran, which is administered by Iran’s National Organization for Development of Exceptional Talents. “I think I was the lucky generation,” she said. “I was a teenager when things got more stable.”

Turkish members in this thread are shame for turkey. it just shows how some people are low life and obsessed with other people and countries achievements. when all people from different countries are congratulating to iranians and know her as an iranian. you just can find some turks to do such things. and at the end moderators should come and bridle them. when i came here i couldnt believe what they are claiming and doing, they are really racist and stupid. its really shame for turkey. i hope other turkish people are not like the members in this thread.

BTW congratulation to Iranian people.good honor for them.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom