What's new

Iranian Nuclear Doctrine

Note, zero mention of the famous fatva which we hear a lot about yet I have never seen a formal copy of.

Actually several consecutive and coherent fatwas by Hazrate Aqa do exist, and the full content of at least one of these is formally reproduced online at an official government website of the Islamic Republic.

In fact I had prepared an exhaustive, thoroughly documented and structured post to be added to this thread, which looked at seyyed Khamenei's (h.a.) rulings, other declarations by the latter on the subject, historic precedents from Imam Khomeini (r.a.), baseless attempts by western media and think tanks to shed doubt on their credibility, as well as major subsequent statements from Iranian officials in different positions of authority which appeared complementary if not nonconforming to the position outlined by the Leadership.

However, owing to some glitch in the "draft saving" function of the forum's editor, the entirety of what I had composed until then (about two thirds of the whole contribution) came to be lost... Which corresponded to several hours of work. In other terms, the supposedly saved draft suddenly disappeared from the present text editor (after remaining in place for a couple of days) and is nowhere to be found for a reload. It shall serve as a lesson never to rely on this tool anymore, and to systematically save lengthier unfinished posts in a separate file on a drive of my own.

Still have access the links for most if not all sources I was to cite. Should I find the time and courage, I may give it another try. Or simply post the URL's. For now allow me to share a hint: there is an entire distinct Wikipedia entry on Imam Khamenei's fatwa. Unsurprisingly, it dedicates a whole section to flawed attempts by USA sources at challenging the fatwa's applicability and relevance, attempts which I had methodically debunked in my initial and meanwhile lost work.

Not sure if moderators could retrieve it somehow, if it's still present in some cache? Any help in this regard would of course be appreciated.

Last edited:
Actually several consecutive and coherent fatwas by Hazrate Aqa do exist, and the full content of at least one of these is formally reproduced online at an official government website of the Islamic Republic.

In fact I had prepared an exhaustive, thoroughly documented and structured post to be added to this thread, which looked at seyyed Khamenei's (h.a.) rulings, other declarations by the latter on the subject, historic precedents from Imam Khomeini (r.a.), baseless attempts by western media and think tanks to shed doubt on their credibility, as well as major subsequent statements from Iranian officials in different positions of authority which appeared complementary if not nonconforming to the position outlined by the Leadership.

However, owing to some glitch in the "draft saving" function of the forum's editor, the entirety of what I had composed until then (about two thirds of the whole contribution) came to be lost... Which corresponded to several hours of work. In other terms, the supposedly saved draft suddenly disappeared from the present text editor (after remaining in place for a couple of days) and is nowhere to be found for a reload. It shall serve as a lesson never to rely on this tool anymore, and to systematically save lengthier unfinished posts in a separate file on a drive of my own.

Still have access the links for most if not all sources I was to cite in my reply. Should I find the time and courage, I may give it another try. Or simply post the URL's. For now allow me to share a hint: there is an entire separate Wikipedia entry on Imam Khamenei's fatwa. Unsurprisingly, it dedicates a whole section to flawed attempts by USA sources at challenging the fatwa's applicability and relevance, attempts which I had methodically debunked in my initial and meanwhile lost work.

Not sure if moderators could retrieve it somehow, if it's still present in some cache? Any help in this regard would of course be appreciated.
Many thanks. A link to the most pertinent 'formal' fatwa text will vbe very helpful for now until you get the time for deeper analysis. Maybe we can also 'pin' it...

Last edited:
You do not need a fatwa for nuke use against civilians. That is simply outrageous no matter who the enemy or whatever the situation is. Only an animal nation like the US would do such a thing. Iran will never do it.

However is there a fatwa on tactical nuclear weapons designed for purely military purposes? I do not think so.

Chinese nuclear scientists remain anonymous as they develop the bomb. Not even his family knew about his job. Iran's cell phones and networks are no secret to the US and Israel. Not enough has been done to protect nuclear scientists.

Chinese nuclear scientists remain anonymous as they develop the bomb. Not even his family knew about his job. Iran's cell phones and networks are no secret to the US and Israel. Not enough has been done to protect nuclear scientists.
well Iran cell phone network is based on ZTE and Huawei technology

Nuclear scientist's should always and I mean always remain anonymous to the public.

LOL at those who think Fatwas matters in military doctrine. Rafsanjani made fun of chemical weapons "peace" treaty when he called such treaties "dots of ink on paper" and said we will pursue them as "poor man's nuke". https://www.washingtoninstitute.org/media/2799 At one point Gen. Tommy Franks decalred Iranian CW capability largest in the entire MENA region, almost rivaling of RUSSIA!

People keep forgetting that the Supreme leader before being a supreme leader was also a war tactician often present at fronts. He is often described as a cunning war strategist with deep interest in military strategy. Why were we digging tunnels in 90s? enriching up to 60%+ openly for years under the IAEA noses and if Israelis/US are to be believed then even upto HEU standards with neutron accumulator guns and thats 90s? why are we producing thousands of IR-6 with high SWU/year? Khorramshahr-II and Sejjil-II are not developed to deliver 500 KG of HE some 3200 km away.

Understand war, understand this man.

1658254538046.png

Last edited:
LOL at those who think Fatwas matters in military doctrine. Rafsanjani made fun of chemical weapons "peace" treaty when he called such treaties "dots of ink on paper" and said we will pursue them as "poor man's nuke". https://www.washingtoninstitute.org/media/2799 At one point Gen. Tommy Franks decalred Iranian CW capability largest in the entire MENA region, almost rivaling of RUSSIA!

People keep forgetting that the Supreme leader before being a supreme leader was also a war tactician often present at fronts. He is often described as a cunning war strategist with deep interest in military strategy. Why were we digging tunnels in 90s? enriching up to 60%+ openly for years under the IAEA noses and if Israelis/US are to be believed then even upto HEU standards with neutron accumulator guns and thats 90s? why are we producing thousands of IR-6 with high SWU/year? Khorramshahr-II and Sejjil-II are not developed to deliver 500 KG of HE some 3200 km away.

View attachment 863287
If we are to believe radical religious people here on the forum, when the supreme leader makes a fatwa then that's it, there is nothing that could be done anymore and that the fatwa is real and there to stay.

We have also people saying that this could be a wartime deception tactic and perfectly legal according to the islamic rules of warfare. Now which is it? I am leaning on the first option, that is more believable and typical of how the supreme leader acts in the strategic and political/religious sphere.

But perhaps his opinion will change if mainland of Iran is attacked (Iraq shock and awe style). They seem to be happy with the current situation as long there is no huge war waged on the mainland.

If we are to believe radical religious people here on the forum, when the supreme leader makes a fatwa then that's it, there is nothing that could be done anymore and that the fatwa is real and there to stay.

We have also people saying that this could be a wartime deception tactic and perfectly legal according to the islamic rules of warfare. Now which is it? I am leaning on the first option, that is more believable and typical of how the supreme leader acts in the strategic and political/religious sphere.

But perhaps his opinion will change if mainland of Iran is attacked (Iraq shock and awe style). They seem to be happy with the current situation as long there is no huge war waged on the mainland.

The Fatwa group makes no sense tbh. Read the link I provided which trace citations of Iranian info sources. During the war when Imam Khomeini himself was alive and Khamenei was constantly going to frontlines to boost morale of soldiers, Rafsanjani led teams to Moscow and Beijing to broker a deal for off-the-shelf "Strategic weapons". Same Rafsanjani who was calling CBRN treaties as mere dots of inks in Majles. He was not acting alone, he was ASSIGNED to do this! When he got more powerful, Iran started digging nuke sites and tunnels, nuke scientist teams gathered up and alleged project AMAD started in 90s.

So this happened during the life of Imam Khomeini, Khamenei's Presidency and Supreme leadership, Rafsanjani's presidency.

- Iran got two centrifuge designs in late 80s and early 90s from URENCO Nederlands. One design was called CNOR, this became IR-1 in Iran in late 1980s. 2nd design German patented G2 which became IR-2 in Iran in 1990s.
- According to IAEA papers, underground tunnels, labs were established.
- Dr. Mohsen Fakhrizadeh's team of nuclear experts were assembled. They turned quickly towards development of indigenous IR-6 pretty quickly which wider, shorter and built of C-fibre instead of alloys of IR-1/2 with IAEA reported capacity of 10+ SWU/year. Then the focus went to IR-8/9 which supposedly can produce 45-50 SWU/year. Iran realized pretty quickly the requirement for larger U235 outputs through thousands of IR-6 (for what exactly?)
- Iran started testing longer range accurate BM/CM and development of large fleet of UCAV's, Attack aircrafts.
- One after another nuclear sites got outed.
- Israelis and later US accused Iran of possible cold fission tests, possessing entire neutron accumulator guns + delivery mating devices.

What happened to Fatwa ? 60% open enrichment and all this for radioactive medicine and power ?

1658258997970.png

Mobile phones and computer operating systems are American.
you will be surprised to knew how much of the phones are chinses and korean .
operating system , well outside N. Korea every where else windows is the dominant operating system , even in china

View attachment 863287
they wanted to use chemical weapons but Mr. Khomeyni stopped them . and till today nobody manage to provide any evidence that Iran have such program

What happened to Fatwa ? 60% open enrichment and all this for radioactive medicine and power ?
60% enrichment for propulsion .
Original Tehran research reactor was designed to use 90% uranium and it was producing radio nucleotide for our industry and medical use .
even 90% enrichment don't mean nuclear bomb

Last edited:
you will be surprised to knew how much of the phones are chinses and korean .
operating system , well outside N. Korea every where else windows is the dominant operating system , even in china
Mobile phones Huawei HarmonyOS 3 mobile Internet of Things operating system users to 200 million. Open source software will be promoted to the world in the second half of the year. All government computers are replaced with Linux.

Do you think that the next supreme leader could issue a new fatwa? Even Sayyid Ali can decide to change his opinion. The doors of Ijtihad are open. He can at least allow building nukes as an act of defiance, their use can remain haram.

On the last point no, since Supreme Leader Khamenei issued follow up statements in which he explicitly included the manufacture and storage of nuclear weapons. So it's not only confined to their use. Later today I will post the fatwa.

However, there's the issue that the enemy will minimize the relevance of the Supreme Leader's rulings on WMD and pretend they are of no relevance, suggesting that Iran will act in contravention if she deems it necessary. To the enemy the nuclear pretext is an excuse to sanction and demonize Iran.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom