What's new

Iranian Space program

Suspensions are due to technical issues.

Meanwhile continued Launch of LRBMs is a testament to you being wrong.

Well no, it's not me that would be wrong. It would be the IRGC-ASF commander, who publicly declared that President Rouhani suspended the SLV launch due to U.S. pressure.

national space agency is the upper hand organization for managing space activities and is under command of Surena Sattari the vice president for science and technology.

جزئیات ساختار جدید فضایی کشور/ 4 نهاد متولی هوافضا می‌شوند

Khamenei doesn't interfere in the details, it's not his duty.
Iran has a comprehensive national science map, government organizations have to act and plan according to this map, yet no enforcement policy has been predicted, they can simply dodge the framework and say we didn't reached the goals, the way Rohani's government did in the case of space program, in recent interview the head of space agency clearly said he doesn't care about the "sending human to space" program, and he easily dodged his responsibilities by saying there is no budget.

It's not the khamenei who defines the projects but government, it's not the khamenei who defines their budget, but government, it's not khamenei who defines launch dates but government.

and the vice president is under command of president and the president is under command of khamenei.
I didnt say khamenei defines the project. government and other organizations defines, but it needs khamenei permission. in most cases khamenei doesnt interfere in details unless its too important to know about. like nuclear programm.
government and others define project and its khamenei who decides at the end( of course he consults with others).
khamenei doesnt define budget while if government declare lack of budget, he can order to provide money in other way.( like the sedao sima ke goft dare varshekast mishe) .
if a project like a missile get ready. it needs khamanei permission to lunch. no one can lunch it without permission.

about the case of space program. is there budget for it? always there is priority. when people lifes is so hard, many hungry , many jobless, many environmental problems, damaged economic. its not rational to use the budget for space program. of course another government may put the space program in priority than those problems, but clearly current government does not.

- lets imagine we have a certain amount of budget for space program.(doesnt matter which government we have). what is the priority? sending human to space? or having reconnaissance and communications satellites?

The sending human to space would be proud but its not in top of the list of our needs, we have more essential requirements .

Last edited:
and the vice president is under command of president and the president is under command of khamenei.
I didnt say khamenei defines the project. government and other organizations defines, but it needs khamenei permission. in most cases khamenei doesnt interfere in details unless its too important to know about. like nuclear programm.
government and others define project and its khamenei who decides at the end( of course he consults with others).
khamenei doesnt define budget while if government declare lack of budget, he can order to provide money in other way.( like the sedao sima ke goft dare varshekast mishe) .
if a project like a missile get ready. it needs khamanei permission to lunch. no one can lunch it without permission.

about the case of space program. is there budget for it? always there is priority. when people lifes is so hard, many hungry , many jobless, many environmental problems, damaged economic. its not rational to use the budget for space program. of course another government may put the space program in priority than those problems, but clearly current government does not.

- lets imagine we have a certain amount of budget for space program.(doesnt matter which government we have). what is the priority? sending human to space? or having reconnaissance and communications satellites?

The sending human to space would be proud but its not in top of the list of our needs, we have more essential requirements .
Sending human was an example that shows that lower authorities don't always follow the upper hand decisions.

If a space launch is proposed, the supreme security Council which is managed by President has to approve it. if the proposal ever reaches the council, military members can't vote in the civilian matters.

Hajizadeh blamed the government for not launching and they didn't deny, that's the ultimate reality.

In JCPOA case, government ignored almost all of the khamenei's orders, the same thing has happened for scientific and space programs.

upload_2017-3-13_10-0-4.png

As long as they don't reduce the money from Iran's Military & Defense industry I can tolerate this reckless reduction of space funding!
What I wanna know is why didn't Iran's Defense ministry provide jobs in aerospace fields to our youth!
Their technical capabilities should have been guided towards building a fighter jet or military missiles.....

Chinese rocket !!! So ?

upload_2017-3-13_10-15-51.png

As long as they don't reduce the money from Iran's Military & Defense industry I can tolerate this reckless reduction of space funding!
What I wanna know is why didn't Iran's Defense ministry provide jobs in aerospace fields to our youth!
Their technical capabilities should have been guided towards building a fighter jet or military missiles.....

upload_2017-3-13_10-15-51.png

Seems to me like they either want to take the Chinese path OR contract out to them for sat launch using the LM series

View attachment 383716

Seems to me like they either want to take the Chinese path OR contract out to them for sat launch using the LM series

Sigh...

رمزگشایی اظهارات اخیر فرمانده هوافضای سپاه درباره توقف پرتاب موشک ماهواره‌بر؛

کدام ماهواره به انبار رفت

در 14 بهمن 94(روز فن آوری فضایی) بعد از حدود 2 سال تعویق، رئیس محترم جمهور و جمعی از مسئولین کشوری طی مراسمی از این ماهواره به نام ماهواره دوستی پرده برداری می کنند! نحوه اجرای مراسم به گونه ای بود که در ذهن مخاطب اینگونه القا می شد که گویی ماهواره جدید ساخته و رونمایی شده است. در حالیکه این مراسم فقط رونمایی از نام جدید این ماهواره بود. در ضمن از مباحث مطرح شده پیرامون این نام نیز صرف نظر می شود(دوستی با چه کسی؟)

این ماهواره در بهمن ماه به نهاد متولی پرتاب تحویل داده شد تا پیش از 12 بهمن پرتاب صورت گیرد. خبرهای واصله حاکی از استقرار ماهواره روی ماهواره بر و امادگی کامل برای پرتاب بوده است. بنا به دلایلی نامعلوم این پرتاب نیز به تعویق افتاد و به چند روز بعد موکول شد. متاسفانه علی رغم تلاش فراوان و بی بدیل عوامل دست اندرکار در این تاریخ نیز پرتابی صورت نگرفت.

رمزگشایی اظهارات اخیر فرمانده هوافضای سپاه درباره توقف پرتاب موشک ماهواره‌بر؛

کدام ماهواره به انبار رفت

Does it matter? If it was just another Safir Launcher then the sat it was to carry was just another micro sat with limited capabilities.
The real question is why the Simorgh SLV hasn't been launched despite the fact that it passed all it's tests and has been ready for launch for almost a year now! They should of have 2-3 Simorgh launches by now!
And why Iran has stopped working on building a larger & more capable SLV?
Iran needs to continue building larger SLV's until they can put a 1 tone sat into GEO orbit
Why hasn't Iran built a Safir launcher with additional external boosters as a test bed for putting additional external boosters on the Simorgh SLV?

The answer to all these questions is clear! Funding has been reduced by 97% for Iran's space program!

The excuses they give like it takes us 3 years to build a 300kg sat is nonsense! they are not building a 1 tone communication sat for it to take 3 years! You don't need 3 years to build ~300kg sats that are used for the Simorgh SLV and many of the components are off the shelf equipment Iran can buy or is already producing. Your not inventing solar panels, your not inventing batteries, your not inventing cameras, antenna, gyroscopes & sensors for it to take 3 years!

They have practically killed research & they don't wanna build sat's unless it has economic benefits for them!
Iran should be launching a multi tone communication sat in 3 years not a Navid-2 remote sensing sat in 3 year!

View attachment 390819

View attachment 390821

Thats... that's got to be Simorgh on the launch pad...

I really don't understand why they built this Mohajer-6 It's absurd!

If your going to build a UAV that's going to require a runway for takeoff then building anything smaller than the Shahed-129 that is only capable of carrying 2 weapons makes absolutely no sense to me at all!

Instead of putting funding in R&D of different UAV's designs every other month Iran needs to start mass production of the UAV's it already has!

Simorgh (They should build a larger version with internal weapons)
Saegheh
Karrar (The Karrar should be upgraded and it's RCS reduced)
Shahed-129
Fotros
etc, etc, etc,

This is nothing but party bazi to keep funding Ghods Aviation industries! If Ghods Aviation can't come up with a real useful UAV design then the government needs to stop funding them until they do!

Ghods aviation keeps coming up with the most ridicules and cheep designs and unfortunately the government keeps on funding them! If you can't take the heat then you need to get out of the kitchen! This is the problem we have in Iran Party Bazi Party Bazi Party Bazi!

Back
Top Bottom