What's new

Iran’s Chabahar won’t vie with Pakistan’s Gwadar: Experts

We do look beyond China. We don't mind linking CPEC with Afghanistan unless they create trouble for Pakistan by allowing India to use their soil against Pakistan, which they are actually doing right now.

Bro, was thinking the same thing but what will we get from trade or linkage with Afghanistan? Small profit and massive headache? Don' t get me wrong but trade/economy is important but our security is far more pertinent.

Bro, was thinking the same thing but what will we get from trade or linkage with Afghanistan? Small profit and massive headache? Don' t get me wrong but trade/economy is important but our security is far more pertinent.

Exactly....Security is important. Afghan trade has only hurt us, never benefitted us. Hashish, drugs thats all they import and export. Their illegal trade through Karachi has damaged our economy.

Let those Afghans trade thr' Chabahar. As one Pakistani said :

That would be boon for us. It will help us eliminate the evil of Pak-Afghan transit trade that has cost of billions of dollars of loss to Pakistan's economy.

"Gwadar Port enjoys one key advantage. Namely, it’s a deep-sea port, while Chabahar isn’t. That means large vessels can’t enter Chabahar and instead must rely on Gwadar," Bengali said, noting that large vessels would have to unload cargo at Gwadar, which would later be transshipped to Chabahar"

What is the point of Chabahar when it cant be used for docking large heavy ships? If Afghan bound cargo has to be unloaded at Gawadar, then why not use the existing routes through Pakistan which are already in use for Afghan bound cargo?

Chabahar is a nothing more but d|ck measuring contest by India and got zero practicality as far as trade and commerce is concerned.

"Gwadar Port enjoys one key advantage. Namely, it’s a deep-sea port, while Chabahar isn’t. That means large vessels can’t enter Chabahar and instead must rely on Gwadar," Bengali said, noting that large vessels would have to unload cargo at Gwadar, which would later be transshipped to Chabahar"

What is the point of Chabahar when it cant be used for docking large heavy ships? If Afghan bound cargo has to be unloaded at Gawadar, then why not use the existing routes through Pakistan which are already in use for Afghan bound cargo?

Chabahar is a nothing more but d|ck measuring contest by India and got zero practicality as far as trade and commerce is concerned.
wrong Chabahar is a deep sea port but deu to the fact that most of iraninan sea based trade is done from banadar abbas it was not fully developed but then even bandar abbas is not a "deep sea port" but Chabahar is and still can handle standard cargo ships of 250000 ton

As opposed to the highly congested Bandar Abbas port inside the Strait of Hormuz, which handles 85% of Iran's seaborne trade, Chabahar is a deep water port. Bandar Abbas is not a deep water port and cannot handle the 250,000 ton ocean-going vessels. At present, such vessels dock in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) and the cargo is transferred to smaller 100,000 ton ships for onward shipment to Iran. This makes Iran dependent on the UAE for shipments and represents a loss of revenue. Unlike Bandar Abbas, Chabahar has the ability to handle standard cargo ships.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chabahar_Port

Exactly....Security is important. Afghan trade has only hurt us, never benefitted us. Hashish, drugs thats all they import and export. Their illegal trade through Karachi has damaged our economy.

Let those Afghans trade thr' Chabahar. As one Pakistani said :

That would be boon for us. It will help us eliminate the evil of Pak-Afghan transit trade that has cost of billions of dollars of loss to Pakistan's economy.

Lol.....bro everytime you write a post it's like we are writing from the same script. You are posting what is exactly on my mind....lol.

Gwadar Port enjoys one key advantage. Namely, it’s a deep-sea port, while Chabahar isn’t. That means large vessels can’t enter Chabahar and instead must rely on Gwadar," Bengali said,
I have mentioned this here several times before but some Indians had difficulty digesting the fact. Chahbahar is being made a deep sea port therefore the depth limits come with it. Gwadar is a natural deep sea port which stretches over miles and therefore has better prospects for expansion. That said it's inevitable for Gwada r and chahbahar to work together and not just share the load but also offer each other an aspect of high availability. Indians have other problems at hand for now like Iranian plans to nationalize the road network to Afghanistan.

Last edited:
wrong Chabahar is a deep sea port but deu to the fact that most of iraninan sea based trade is done from banadar abbas it was not fully developed but then even bandar abbas is not a "deep sea port" but Chabahar is and still can handle standard cargo ships of 250000 ton

As opposed to the highly congested Bandar Abbas port inside the Strait of Hormuz, which handles 85% of Iran's seaborne trade, Chabahar is a deep water port. Bandar Abbas is not a deep water port and cannot handle the 250,000 ton ocean-going vessels. At present, such vessels dock in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) and the cargo is transferred to smaller 100,000 ton ships for onward shipment to Iran. This makes Iran dependent on the UAE for shipments and represents a loss of revenue. Unlike Bandar Abbas, Chabahar has the ability to handle standard cargo ships.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chabahar_Port

I wont be relying on wiki to emphatically use the word "wrong".

These are the experts mentioned in the article. When they say that Charbahar is NOT a deep sea port, a keyboard warrior and his/her opinion dont matter much.

Having said that, Charbahar can certainly cater for small ships carrying arms and munition to sustain the terrorism inside Pakistan, either using Afghan or Iran soil, for which we have to be on our guard.

I have mentioned this here several times before but some Indians had difficulty digesting the fact. Chahbahar is being made a deep sea port therefore the depth limits come with it. Gwadar is a natural deep sea port which stretches over miles and therefore has better prospects for expansion. That said it's inevitable for Gwada r and chahbahar to work together and not just share the load but also offer each other an aspect of high availability. Indians have other problems at hand for now like Iranian plans to nationalize the road network to Afghanistan.

Won't India have a share in Gwadar, if Gwadar and Chabahar are connected together?

I wont be relying on wiki to emphatically use the word "wrong".

These are the experts mentioned in the article. When they say that Charbahar is NOT a deep sea port, a keyboard warrior and his/her opinion dont matter much.

Having said that, Charbahar can certainly cater for small ships carrying arms and munition to sustain the terrorism inside Pakistan, either using Afghan or Iran soil, for which we have to be on our guard.
you have full right over your "opinion" but that dosent means what you think is right is infact "right" il invest my money on facts not "personal opinion" ... cheers mate :coffee:

you have full right over your "opinion" but that dosent means what you think is right is infact "right" il invest my money on facts not "personal opinion" ... cheers mate :coffee:

I think you are confused. I am just quoting the "experts" mentioned in the article under discussion. I think you will agree that they are well versed on the subject as compared to me and you and they are not presenting wiki as the source of their information dubbed as facts, well hopefully! Its not my "personal" opinion as you very conveniently mentioned, I am just quoting them.

I think you are confused. I am just quoting the "experts" mentioned in the article under discussion. I think you will agree that they are well versed on the subject as compared to me and you and they are not presenting wiki as the source of their information dubbed as facts, well hopefully! Its not my "personal" opinion as you very conveniently mentioned, I am just quoting them.
well lets try to explain it this way deu to change and advancement in technology commercial ships dont really need so called "deep see ports" but chabahar is a "deep sea port" maybe little less deeper than say Gawadar but deep sea port indeed

and these days its more about making bigger and broader "berths" and with help of latest tech even a smaller port can handle large commercial ships of 100000-250000 ton range and it can already handle such ships and even in its current format

chabahar is a very old port and was even in times of alexender the great which of course some elments in pakistran dont want people to know ..... no offence no trolling lets talk of only facts

well lets try to explain it this way deu to change and advancement in technology commercial ships dont really need so called "deep see ports" but chabahar is a "deep sea port" maybe little less deeper than say Gawadar but deep sea port indeed

and these days its more about making bigger and broader "berths" and with help of latest tech even a smaller port can handle large commercial ships of 100000-250000 ton range and it can already handle such ships and even in its current format

chabahar is a very old port and was even in times of alexender the great which of course some elments in pakistran dont want people to know ..... no offence no trolling lets talk of only facts

I am sure Alexender was not using those heavy crago ship to carry his troops across. Karachi sister port, Bin Qasim was also used by Mohamad Bin Qasim in ancient time. Pointless argument really! No one is denying the existence of Charbahar, its the utility which is questionable.

Either the experts are lieing through their teeth that Charbahar is not deep sea port hence cannot handle the big cargo ships, or you are just pissing in the air.

Do you have any evidence of Charbahar used in recent times to load/unload heavy cargo ships? Please do share.

I am strong advocate of the fact that if U become need of the world, the world goes an extra mile protecting U. We have been Blessed with a strategic location on map and using that point we should invite the whole world even India to ship their cargo via Gwader and see the miracle as now U are on driving seat and can sort out many issues quite with ease. Build a state of the art Naval Base at Gwader and here U are monitoring one of the busiest trade route. But yeah all depends on motives of the players who want to trade via Gwader.

I am sure Alexender was not using those heavy crago ship to carry his troops across. Karachi sister port, Bin Qasim was also used by Mohamad Bin Qasim in ancient time. Pointless argument really! No one is denying the existence of Charbahar, its the utility which is questionable.

Either the experts are lieing through their teeth that Charbahar is not deep sea port hence cannot handle the big cargo ships, or you are just pissing in the air.

Do you have any evidence of Charbahar used in recent times to load/unload heavy cargo ships? Please do share.
The fact that Iran had been using Bandar Abbas and not developing Chahbahar for its own use is proof enough of how much useful Chahbahar actually is for Iran.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom