What's new

Iran's Cruise missile defender claim ???

ramiz1236

New Recruit

Reaction score
I heard that Iran have came up with a technology to detect the cruise missiles & destroy them in air ?? any info on that ??
& is cruise missiles are the one that are used for Nuke BomBs ??(newbie question)
If it is so then It would mean if someone try to throw Nuke bomb on Iran it can destroy that in air ??
If not,, then is there any technology like that ??does Pak have it ??

but they sure ve some nukes or may be under developed nukes :cheesy:

As for cruise missiles , i dont think its that much easy to target and hit them. Its one of their characteristic to have a flat trajectory and low flight to be less detectable.

I heard that Iran have came up with a technology to detect the cruise missiles & destroy them in air ?? any info on that ??
& is cruise missiles are the one that are used for Nuke BomBs ??(newbie question)
If it is so then It would mean if someone try to throw Nuke bomb on Iran it can destroy that in air ??

Please post the source thanks!

Iran develops anti-cruise missile system
Sun, 06 Sep 2009 15:02:06 GMT
Font size : [Increase] [Normal] [Decrease]
Brig. Gen. Ahmad Miqani
The sky can no longer hide any cruise missiles -- stealth or conventional -- entering Iranian air space, the commander of Iran's air defense headquarters maintains.

Announcing the latest milestone in the domestic military industrial achievements, Brigadier General Ahmad Miqani said, "[Despite] thirty years of military sanctions by the enemy, the armed forces have taken appropriates steps toward self-sufficiency and have been able not only to update their equipment, but also to achieve wide-ranging progress in the military and aerospace sector."

The Khatam al-Anbiya Air Base, which operates under the supervision of general Miqani, is the unitary supreme body coordinating and overseeing the nationwide defense of Iran's airspace.

Miqani listed ongoing improvements of existing systems, domestic construction of tens of anti-aircraft artillery pieces at a level that is comparable with latest international systems, construction of air defense missiles, and active and passive radars.

"Today, we are able not only to identify stealth cruise missiles, but also to destroy them," he elaborated.

Iran develops anti-cruise missile system
anti-cruise missile system - Google Search

here ya gooooo

it might be a claim nothing can be said yet

Cruise missile can perform all the functions of a traditional missile except that it has the ability to fly very low almost close to terrain what we call "terrain hugging" so pretty hard to detect. Plus they are small sized so they carry lesser payload as compared to conventional missiles but they can be launched from sea,air and ground offering a lot of operational flexibility. do some readings on the CM and you ll know a lot more.
cruise missiles are of two types 1) Subsonic- T Hug missiles like tomahawk,Babur, Raad or it can be Supersonic high flying like Brahmos and C-802 both types are based on different philosophies you may look into that as well for further understanding as I hate typing:coffee:

iran claim all kinds of sh1t all the time and that said iranian machines true capabilities are exposed all the time to be far inferior to its claim, i dont believe anything they say till its proven by others

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom