What's new

Iran’s S Bavar 373 air defense system enters service

world almost boycott Iran, would these airline gives latest weapons/tech to Iran @CamelGuy :crazy::crazy::crazy:

I am not even talking about weapons, before using those emoticons you should read and use that brain.

My IQ drops every time I set foot on this shithole of a forum. Now be quiet and re-read.

I am not even talking about weapons, before using those emoticons you should read and use that brain.

My IQ drops every time I set foot on this shithole of a forum. Now be quiet and re-read.
So why you're here if this forum is shithole now leave this forum, for good for your stupid thoughts @CamelGuy

Ashampoo_Snap_2019.09.22_13h26m13s_002_.jpg Ashampoo_Snap_2019.09.22_13h26m30s_003_.jpg Ashampoo_Snap_2019.09.22_13h26m41s_004_.jpg Ashampoo_Snap_2019.09.22_13h25m36s_001_.jpg

I'm not underestimating Iran's achievements, but sanction wise it's not the same level. There's still international airlines flying to Iran etc.

Iraq's 90s sanctions were a full isolation of the country, North Korea level. It's because US sanctions aren't UN SC sanctions
Yes you are right, the sanctions against Iraq were a total embargo led by the UNSC.

Current sanctions against Iran are now unilateral US sanctions and thus not at that level. However, Trump has called them the "strongest sanctions ever put on a country". This is possibly true for unilateral (and extraterritorial/secondary) sanctions and has strong impacts on even humanitarian trade with Iran (and, say, Europe). The ICJ in a recent case found that these US sanctions had the effect of impeding humanitarian trade with Iran because of the vast scope of 'designated' sanctioned entities within Iran. There are very few non-sanctioned entities within Iran that European companies feel comfortable having trade relations with (or banks to facilitate such trade) - particularly given the role of the IRGC in Iran's economy and how anyone connected with the IRGC on any level is sanctioned.

Nothing but the truth!!!! Keep up the good work!!!

Reviving this old thread for an addendum

I made some calculations about the size of the BAVAR-373 canisters and the Sayyed-4 missile. I used the following two pictures to calculate the size.
bv373.jpg syd-4.png

Using paint and the A4 format papers on the TEL canisters I reached the following numbers:

Length of the canister: ~ 804 centimeters
Width canister from outer ribs: ~ 99 centimeters
Width canister inner ribs: ~ 84 centimeters
2 canisters stacked on top of each other measured from the outer ribs: ~ 204 centimeters

Using the size of the A3 format I reached the following numbers for the Sayyed-4 missile

Length of missile: ~732 centimeters
Width of missile body: ~ 55 centimeters

I am satisfied with these numbers especially for the Sayyed-4 calculation. The Sayyed-4 missile is roughly the same size as the Russian 48N6(D/E) missile of the S-300PMU-1/2.

While I wasn't completly sure about the size of the paper hanging from the Sayyed-4, I initially thought it was the standard A4 format and the numbers came out at 522 centimeters for the length and 40 cm for the width of the missile. After using A3 format I reached the desired values.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom