What's new

Iraq's reconstruction and development

Man this is good stuff right here. Iraq is rebuilding and its rebuilding quick. Lets hope it soon turns into investment hub and all companies from the world including Indian march there with business offer. As a starter we can invest in automobile and construction sector.

With all the oil they have , I see a really good future for Iraq. It will help them at least for the next 20-25 years which is enough time to diversify your industry.

Al-ramadi hotel
225897_467034379993861_646472325_n.jpg

Basrah paradise hotel
9643_491755394180450_336963769_n.jpg

Here are some random images from around the country

Amara
644624_421436247905012_132382415_n_zps6b20e52d.jpg

Najaf
544780_226101557520870_374923494_n.jpg

Basrah
530641_497551976952964_1340467977_n.png

Baghdad
521460_10151381274911495_997017743_n.jpg

557904_476343409095044_55395546_n.jpg

603949_476332585762793_553289959_n.jpg

Well the media thing is correct. They live on that. Arab media as well.

What I meant was why not built more "useful" things that football stadiums when millions of Iraqis don't even have access to water/electricity? The design thing is less important although I can't help to notice such things when being used to the modern designs in KSA and the Arabian Peninsula and the opposite - stylish and beautiful ancient architecture of Southern KSA and Yemen.

Well, I only heard complains. I am not really sure whether there are bad Turkish imports. Iranians I do know since I hear this on Arab forums, LOL.

But yeah, people probably tend to buy what they can afford.

Why not deal with the Kurdistan problem then? Or is the Iraqi government having the same unfortunate (in my eyes) stance as Iran, Syria and Turkey? But yes, I heard about this Kurdish problem. We have similar in KSA - meaning that some regions are paying for the majority of the cake while others don't but have same/similar benefits. Although this is only normal in a united country. I guess this is different in a autonomous region that is probably anti-Arab and act on their own. We don't have such problems in the Arabian Peninsula.

I hope for you that you improve and change. Maybe use traditional design as we try to do in the Arabian Peninsula?

Are the investment rules in Iraq not pretty closed? I hear only Iraqis can own business in Iraq and land? Is that truth? Maybe changing the business laws would help business but I suspect corruption is a major problem? Sadly this problem is not only limited to Iraq in the Arab world.....

There are problems in the government that are slowing the development. The "opposition" try to stop all the important laws and projects in order to make the government look bad. The government is still filled with corruption. The stadiums are being built as part of the 5-year plan to build an international stadium in every major city. But I agree the money could have been better spent, but again corruption plays a big roll. Kurdistan is taking advantage of the political situation to take as much as it can from Iraq. There are problems as well with disputed territory that they want to add to their region; which wont happen. Construction is just starting in Iraq and all these construction projects are only the start. I don't expect a "real" construction boom in Iraq until 2015 or 2016 because of the nature of the situation. Corruption will drop significantly once the electricity is provided 24/7 and all the government institutions become automated.

Foreigners cannot permanently own land in Iraq. They can own the land for certain time depending on the investment licence. Investors are discouraged because of the bureaucracy and demands fro bribes before giving out investment licence, that is a major problem.

The good news is there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Man this is good stuff right here. Iraq is rebuilding and its rebuilding quick. Lets hope it soon turns into investment hub and all companies from the world including Indian march there with business offer. As a starter we can invest in automobile and construction sector.

Baghdad (IraqiNews.com) -The Cabinet Affairs Directorate within the Secretariat General announced the consent of the Council of Ministers to the National Commission of Investment to grant investment license for an Indian Company to establish a factory to produce welded iron pipes in Basra province.The Secretariat General reported in statement received by IraqiNews.com that ”The consent of the Cabinet based on the article (7) of investment law of 2006, ” pointing out that ”The gross cost of the project reaches USD (450) million.””The Investment National Commission submitted the project to the Cabinet and obtained the consent during second regular session of 2013 according to the resolution no. (21) of 2013,” the statement added.

Indian firm to start constructing sewage system in the Qibla neighborhood of Basrah at a cost of 275 billion iraqi dinar. > Thats about $255 Million USD

Alshawi, what's the name of that famous Iraqi architect? I forgot her name. Post some of her work. I think there's a theatre being built that's her design and some govt buildings. Fuu what was her name!? There's an "H" in her name.

Alshawi, what's the name of that famous Iraqi architect? I forgot her name. Post some of her work. I think there's a theatre being built that's her design and some govt buildings. Fuu what was her name!? There's an "H" in her name.

It's Zaha Hadid. She designed the central bank of Iraq which I posted in the previous page.

Zaha Hadid...

PS, great work Al shawi :tup:

I'll try to chip in :D

---------------------------------------------------------------------

KARBALA | Al-Rawdatain Residences

screen-capture-18.png

2.jpg

Baghdad (IraqiNews.com) -The Cabinet Affairs Directorate within the Secretariat General announced the consent of the Council of Ministers to the National Commission of Investment to grant investment license for an Indian Company to establish a factory to produce welded iron pipes in Basra province.The Secretariat General reported in statement received by IraqiNews.com that ”The consent of the Cabinet based on the article (7) of investment law of 2006, ” pointing out that ”The gross cost of the project reaches USD (450) million.””The Investment National Commission submitted the project to the Cabinet and obtained the consent during second regular session of 2013 according to the resolution no. (21) of 2013,” the statement added.

Indian firm to start constructing sewage system in the Qibla neighborhood of Basrah at a cost of 275 billion iraqi dinar. > Thats about $255 Million USD
Wow bro this good news :cheers:. "India-Iraq stand together for development". I see great future in Iraq. In India we say "Chodo kal ki baatein Kal ki baat purani, naye door mein likhenge hum milke nayi kahani". This mean leave the crap of past and move forward to build a new bright future. :)

^amazing design, unique to its nature.

here are some more projects from around the country.

Tirkrit gate housing project
20111220114834703.jpg

315356_208378462622885_767039223_n.jpg

Residential complex for low income families Karbala 3600 units
303891_187465907992606_2635827_n.jpg

148380_436317109774150_2039037291_n.jpg

General secretariat for council of ministers
16373_6_Manhal%20Al%20Habbobi%2005.jpg

Najaf 5 star hotel
2012_12_06_13_42_00.jpg

2012_12_06_13_40_06.jpg

Hundreds of bridges being built around the country

alsomoed29.jpg

There are problems in the government that are slowing the development. The "opposition" try to stop all the important laws and projects in order to make the government look bad. The government is still filled with corruption. The stadiums are being built as part of the 5-year plan to build an international stadium in every major city. But I agree the money could have been better spent, but again corruption plays a big roll. Kurdistan is taking advantage of the political situation to take as much as it can from Iraq. There are problems as well with disputed territory that they want to add to their region; which wont happen. Construction is just starting in Iraq and all these construction projects are only the start. I don't expect a "real" construction boom in Iraq until 2015 or 2016 because of the nature of the situation. Corruption will drop significantly once the electricity is provided 24/7 and all the government institutions become automated.

Foreigners cannot permanently own land in Iraq. They can own the land for certain time depending on the investment licence. Investors are discouraged because of the bureaucracy and demands fro bribes before giving out investment licence, that is a major problem.

The good news is there is light at the end of the tunnel.
Its the same everywhere mate! Its exactly the same in India even after decades of stability! We still have electricity cuts in most places. The govt is planning to be electricity sufficient by 2018-2020.

That is how all democracies work. The low level corruption will come down slowly as income rises of the population.
The important thing is that the Govt of Iraq remain in control of all the territory of Iraq, and dont allow any extremists/Islamists to disturb the growth of your country!

Back
Top Bottom