What's new

IRIAF F-4s during Iran-Iraq Wars-Accounts

We also cant buy. Russia and china never sacrifice their relationship with US because of trading with iran. the benefit of being in relationship with USA is more than having with iran. USA is really dogged about Iranian military trade. The late 80s and in early 90's iran ordered to Russia for many MiG-29. but under pressure from USA, Russia canceled it like what they did about s-300.

then Iran decided to buy Moldova's Mig-29s. but The USA bought all of them only to To prevent Iran from acquiring it.
after obama re elected Touts Toughest Iran Sanctions in History. you cant compare Iran with india about sanctions.
beside that, at that time, there were two super powers in the world. two blocks, but now there is only one super power in the world. maybe russia and china are against USA, but at the end they accept what the US say. russia and china approved sanctions against iran.do you forgot? and as i said before, Russia even doesn't give us spare parts for Mig-29s and submarines. now you are talking about new fighters??

Sorry my bad. I thought sanctions were just from the West.

But you people must do something about this as your military really needs to upgrade its armory.

in according to our air force pilots and commanders, they think chines fighters are not good enough and it's better to use F5 upgraded instead of buying from china while nowadays they cant buy if they want.

Certainly. Your military commanders know what is most needed for your air force.

But then how long can your regime keep being so overly defiant about everything, man?

Think about it; if you simply become neutral in Israel's internal matters, that will be enough to remove a lot of sanctions from your head. You don't have to listen to everything that US says.

I know it is difficult in case of your current government but there's a limit for defiance.

nowadays there are whisper of Negotiations between Iran and USA. If Iran had a good relationship with USA then If whole the world( including of EU,china,russia...) were saying Iran shouldn't have nuclear program but US supported us we could have even nuclear bomb and no one could does nothing against us.

Well, negotiations is the best way.

Just because of a regime's ego, a lot of common Iranians are suffering from sanctions and needless suspicions.

This can be changed.

Iran tried to resolve nuclear problem with EU and other countries in the world. but it got failed. then i think they finally realized that they should have talk with USA about that.

EU is just an extension of USA with different languages that's all.

Only France has some guts to stand neutrally in Europe and to some extent, maybe Sweden.

Other than these two, no one else can stand their ground.

Actually Iranians dont hate US.It's regime not people.
It's not like what people thinking about israel, many of them think the Palestine is not our problem and we should be Neutral and it doesn't mean they like israel. and many others are against israel.
but about US it's different. as i see most of people like USA and wanna have relationship with them.
and you right, they love US products.

Thanks for clarifying. :tup:

Iranian Air Force F-4 Phantom targeting Iraqi positions......strafing run at less than 100ft.

1.jpg

2.jpg

Iranian Air force was killed after the revolution by the new regime and the top flying officers targeted because it was the pride of the King of Iran who was a pilot himself.

Your comparison of a Greek or Bulgaria invasion is nowhere close to the challenge Iran faced, even with operational Air Force. Also number of aircraft or size of the defense budget does not always win wars, it is who is behind the controls.....Turkey and Iran are not the same country and Iran operates in a much different league so I can understand your confusion.

what pride you're talking about ? Iran Air force was one of the best ones in the world but it was completely dependent to the US . Our experts eve weren't allowed to touch the equipments before the revolution and If I wanna make it clearer it was the US leading Iran Army specially Air Force not Shah or his generals . You can see such Air Forces in Saudi Arabia and turkey too . They are equipped to the best fighter Jets but If the US stops supporting them they'll collapse .

As for now, How many Mig-29s and F-14 are operational?
Coz according to World Air Force there's 16 Mig29s and 24 F14 are active!

As for now, How many Mig-29s and F-14 are operational?
Coz according to World Air Force there's 16 Mig29s and 24 F14 are active!

about F-14, it should be around what you said, but about Mig-29, they have over 50

what pride you're talking about ? Iran Air force was one of the best ones in the world but it was completely dependent to the US . Our experts eve weren't allowed to touch the equipments before the revolution and If I wanna make it clearer it was the US leading Iran Army specially Air Force not Shah or his generals . You can see such Air Forces in Saudi Arabia and turkey too . They are equipped to the best fighter Jets but If the US stops supporting them they'll collapse .

What I am saying is that the Shah took a lot of pride on his pilots and aircraft....and this is why the airforce officers were hit the hardest by the regime after the Shah left the country. The irony of it is that the Iran Iraq war would have been lost if it wasn't for these jailed Shahi officers.

about F-14, it should be around what you said, but about Mig-29, they have over 50

Correcting , Iran has 100 mig29s .95 mig29A

5 mig29UB

Just God knows how many are operational . but the news said Iran had reached the ability of overhauling them .

According to the country's economy and the development of Air Forces in the US and our neighbors' Forces focusing on missile power and anti air systems is the best way for Iran .

If Iran had wasted more money on Russian or Chinese 4th generation fighters they wouldn't have been useful after a decade like what is gonna happen to Saudi Arabian F15s and Turkish F16 . they will have no chance against 5th generation fighters .

Correcting , Iran has 100 mig29s .95 mig29A

5 mig29UB

Just God knows how many are operational . but the news said Iran had reached the ability of overhauling them .

According to the country's economy and the development of Air Forces in the US and our neighbors' Forces focusing on missile power and anti air systems is the best way for Iran .

If Iran had wasted more money on Russian or Chinese 4th generation fighters they wouldn't have been useful after a decade like what is gonna happen to Saudi Arabian F15s and Turkish F16 . they will have no chance against 5th generation fighters .
But according to SIPRI about only 25 Mig29s delivered.

What I am saying is that the Shah took a lot of pride on his pilots and aircraft....and this is why the airforce officers were hit the hardest by the regime after the Shah left the country. The irony of it is that the Iran Iraq war would have been lost if it wasn't for these jailed Shahi officers.

If Iranian revolution happen in 1985 or later Iranians must be having 250+ F-16 by now!

But according to SIPRI about only 25 Mig29s delivered.

If Iranian revolution happen in 1985 or later Iranians must be having 250+ F-16 by now!

yep . and also about 6 destroyers like USS Vincennes ,

Sorry my bad. I thought sanctions were just from the West.

But you people must do something about this as your military really needs to upgrade its armory.

Certainly. Your military commanders know what is most needed for your air force.

But then how long can your regime keep being so overly defiant about everything, man?

Think about it; if you simply become neutral in Israel's internal matters, that will be enough to remove a lot of sanctions from your head. You don't have to listen to everything that US says.

I know it is difficult in case of your current government but there's a limit for defiance.

Well, negotiations is the best way.

Just because of a regime's ego, a lot of common Iranians are suffering from sanctions and needless suspicions.

This can be changed.

EU is just an extension of USA with different languages that's all.

Only France has some guts to stand neutrally in Europe and to some extent, maybe Sweden.

Other than these two, no one else can stand their ground.

Thanks for clarifying. :tup:

It is not because of regimes ego they are opposing US. It is because they know support what is right and oppose what is wrong. They still not calculating every thing business perspective. They did not yet sell all the principles.

Gandhiji also had a similar view about isreal. But unfortunately he is also being disliked. people are just going by business calculate only profits. Others remain heroes only in stories.

Today funny is world has to come out and save EU and US economy. otherwise their own economy will be in problem.

Sure this will not continue forever.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom