What's new

IRIAF | News and Discussions

that is a new missile maybe its form Ghamare bani hashem ( قمر بنی هاشم ) project.

692912_232.jpg

692906_827.jpg

692913_546.jpg

692610_614.jpg

692616_166.jpg

692628_240.jpg

kowsar

692623_697.jpg

692621_795.jpg

692622_542.jpg

692619_198.jpg

In the 2nd and 3rd Picture we can see a Ah-1J(T) Cobra armed with 4 Delavieh(Kornet) atgms but it Cobra has not had its optics upgraded with a flir incorporating a laser designator/ range finder!

Did you notice the Cobra's nose from the first picture? New radar!

That is not a Radar. Its a Flir( forward looking Infra red) ball with Day/Night(thermal) cameras and possible laser range finder/ designator.

Last edited:
In the 2nd and 3rd Picture we can see a Ah-j(T) Cobra armed with 4 Delavieh(Kornet) atgms but it Cobra has not had its optics upgraded with a flir incorporating a laser designator/ range finder!

That is not a Radar. Its a Flir( forward looking Infra red) ball with Day/Night(thermal) cameras and possible laser range finder/ designator.

Look well above the nose, it's new!

Did you notice the Cobra's nose from the first picture? New radar!

yes that is a upgraded cobra Iran showed new updates for cobras in Iraq exhibition this year.

media

In the 2nd and 3rd Picture we can see a Ah-1J(T) Cobra armed with 4 Delavieh(Kornet) atgms but it Cobra has not had its optics upgraded with a flir incorporating a laser designator/ range finder!

i have the same question as you, but if they are in use then maybe the project is not completed yet or they going to install new FLIR ( the same one that they showed in IRAQ maybe ) on them letter.

yes that is a upgraded cobra Iran showed new updates for cobras in Iraq exhibition this year.

media

i have the same question as you, but if they are in use then maybe the project is not completed yet or they going to install new FLIR ( the same one that they showed in IRAQ maybe ) on them letter.
Cobra_1.jpg
Cobra 2.jpg

I worked on TOW cobra during my young age in Iran..so here is what I see...

1- the first cobra has the FLIR ball and an unknown missile wrapped in Plastic..My guess Flir ball picks up the target (paints it with laser) and the missile could be a laser beam rider or guided by other means..no idea if the ball itself is actually used as a guidance device..missile could also be fire and forget type.

2- The second cobra (green paint) still has its original TSU (Telescopic Sight Unit) on the nose with apparently (Dehlavieh missiles!!). TSU is the fore father of any FLIR ball and it was an extremely complicated and stabilized system of OPTICS with Low/High/IR Magnification for target tracking and also for tracking the missile during its flight (detecting the four IR modulated emitters at the tail of the TOW missile..I can describe how the detection was done but out of scope here). Electronics was all analog and the facility to calibrate this beast was bombed and destroyed (I was told!!) by Iraq (Americans gave the location vectors to Iraqis)..I highly doubt if this TSU that can seen on the second helo is operational as the original unit ..the content inside must be different. How the detection is done is also not know but can not be too different from the original set up.

Last edited:
Iriaf drones
56971125_865495590451026_6455645848069088311_n.jpg

55847258_134740694281100_7669325918282680885_n.jpg

I have to admit that I am still rather baffled as to why exactly the iriaf chose this drone rather than the mohajer 6

تجهیزات نیروی هوایی ارتش

خودرو فرمانده سیاری
سامانه ارتباطی وی آر سی
پست فرماندهی سیار
پدافند غیرعامل
طراحی و ساخت ایجاد متراکم دود
بمب هوشمند هدایت شونده قاصد
موشک کروز هدایت شونده الکترو اپتیکی با برد بالای ۱۰۰ کیلومتر
موشک هدایت شونده اوپتیکی قدر
موشک هدایت شونده زوبین
موشک هوا به سطح بردبلند قادر
موشک هوشمند قائم
بمب هوشمند ۲۰۰ هزار پوندی پاد لیزری
موشک لیزری عصر ۶۷
موشک هوا به هوای فکور ۹۰
موشک هوا به سطح نصر
تسلیحات هواپایه بهینه شده
سامانه سحاب
قطعات تولید شده جنگنده کوثر
پهپاد کمان ۱۲

692912_232.jpg

AIM-9J turned into A2G missile. nowadays the J model is worthless in air combat, 15 degree off boresight...
Can you elaborate more.. The Cobra gunship carrying TOW-H apparently performed well during the war. Its primary task was to hunt enemy tanks... fire the TOW ..change course while the TSU stays on the target (gunner in front keeps the cross hair on the tank while the helo is maneuvering for the duration of the missile flight). Now it appears that the helo is carrying Dehlavieh missile ..first question is why they changed the missile (Iran makes TOWs in large quantities so why dehlavieh!)...and second question is why they can not boresight. IEI in shiraz must be full of optics experts just look at the product line up they have now.
and the third question ....in the first picture what is that big drum hanging from the pylon to the left of the white missile.

Back
Top Bottom