What's new

Irqan becomming a ghost town.

noname1

Reaction score
The Iranian plateau is becoming uninhabitable. … Groundwater has decreased and a negative water balance is widespread, and no one is thinking about this.

“I am deeply worried about the future generations. … If this situation is not reformed, in 30 years Iran will be a ghost town. Even if there is precipitation in the desert, there will be no yield, because the area for groundwater will be dried and water will remain at ground level and evaporate.

“All the bodies of natural water in Iran are drying up: Lake Urumieh, Bakhtegan, Tashak, Parishan and others … deserts in Iran are spreading, and I am warning you that South Alborz and East Zagros will be uninhabitable and people will have to migrate. But where? Easily I can say that of the 75 million people in Iran, 45 million will have uncertain circumstances. … If we start this very day to address this, it will take 12 to 15 years to balance.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/22/opinion/sunday/mother-nature-and-the-middle-class.html?_r=2&

The Iranian plateau is becoming uninhabitable. … Groundwater has decreased and a negative water balance is widespread, and no one is thinking about this.

“I am deeply worried about the future generations. … If this situation is not reformed, in 30 years Iran will be a ghost town. Even if there is precipitation in the desert, there will be no yield, because the area for groundwater will be dried and water will remain at ground level and evaporate.

“All the bodies of natural water in Iran are drying up: Lake Urumieh, Bakhtegan, Tashak, Parishan and others … deserts in Iran are spreading, and I am warning you that South Alborz and East Zagros will be uninhabitable and people will have to migrate. But where? Easily I can say that of the 75 million people in Iran, 45 million will have uncertain circumstances. … If we start this very day to address this, it will take 12 to 15 years to balance.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/22/opinion/sunday/mother-nature-and-the-middle-class.html?_r=2&
Reasons:
1. Global Warming >> less raining in these areas
2. Increasing population
3. Increasing Agricultural and Industrial Activities
4. A little bit exaggeration in the report ;)

The exact same thing is happening in USA, specially in central plains and midwest. level of underground water is decreasing 1 meter each year. It is really intimidating.

Iranians might have fallen under the wrath of Vahabistan :lol:

LOL, No. I guess you wanted to suggest changing the name of KSA to vahabistan to your king, did you do that?:cheesy: ;) It would be very funny :)
actually it is happening for countries and regions located in sub-tropical zone and areas close to it , including Iran, KSA, USA. btw, It is a really serious problem.

Back
Top Bottom