What's new

Is America the greatest country in the world?

But how does one define the "correct" way to run such a huge and complex country? It is not an easy task, and must be continuously revised in response to many changes, some of them cyclic, and some of them not. It cannot be unanimous as to what the correct way is at any given point in time.

The correct way is the most efficient way to turn around American attitudes and not the most popular. You will have a lot of angry republicans.. and democrats... by whatever this hypothetical correct approach could be. But you would end up with much less polarized American society at the end which is more willing to send a mission to Jupiter's moons instead of helping Halliburton set up its next oil field.

If you were educated in USA, you would know that no Political Science course is free of serious discussion of impact of lobbies on US govt policies. AIPAC has done more damage to US national interest in sphere of foreign policy than any other group.

USA's conduct with Iran is shameful to say the least. Iranians were wrong in what they did to staff of US Embassy in Tehran and Iranian government should not have allowed that.

What does a foreign policy has anything to do with a country being the best place for its citizens? What does an outside issues such as Iran.....has anything to do with US internal affairs?
The fact has remained true for decades, still remains true today and will be the truth for many decades to come, that the US is THE BEST place to live. Just take a look at immigrant numbers from countries like India, Pakistan, China and others to the US. You'll get a feeling of why.
The foreign policy is made per demands posed by a current era or needs of a specific point in time. It doesn't harm its citizens, it supports American Influence across. Just like the Chinese are investing billions in Pakistan to expand their influence to ports next to the Middle East. Its the name of the game.
In the US, if you work hard, you can be anything. No one is going to kidnap you or even kill you for ransom. You and your family, irrespective of your color, race or religion are given equal protection compared to other Americans. In fact, certain ethnicities get more protection in some cases. Like Mosques in the US are usually well protected since 9/11 as the government and the public know that not all Muslims are bad or had to do with what 17 terrorists did. You can be anything in the US if you follow the rules, the system and it almost guarantees success and protection. May be UK and Australia are close number two but that's it.

Last edited:
you mean 11/15/2015. hahahah

Look bhai Jaaan

These type of debates are kind of useless because they tend to highlight few things to match a pov and ignore the other aspects.

When people compare countries, they must first do the following.

------------ Total population
------------ yearly budget

------------ Yearly budget spending/citizen

------------ Source(s) of that spending/citizen (kind of pie chart).

------------ Driving philosophy of the country. (toughest point in this list but very important).

peace

Yes, but at the same time there are relative potential as well. Technically one could say that Monaco is a baby puzzle to Pakistan.. but there are relative gauges one can take to see how well certain policies in Monaco might reflect on paksitan's own.

Its however a very Apple, oranges, pear, tomato and leek comparision.. but certain values like how best to extract fibre, protein, vitamins are comparable.

The correct way is the most efficient way to turn around American attitudes and not the most popular. You will have a lot of angry republicans.. and democrats... by whatever this hypothetical correct approach could be. But you would end up with much less polarized American society at the end which is more willing to send a mission to Jupiter's moons instead of helping Halliburton set up its next oil field.

Diversity and polarization is as Murrikan as Apple Pie, Sir. The whole mishmash is what makes it so fertile.

Denying Moghuls did anything for India is denying the existence of a whole chunk of Indian history...your choice though!

Again, you're trying to take credit for events that had nothing to do with you or Islam. They were central Asians who showed up because they thought they had better prospects in the subcontinent. Remember they did kill off a Muslim ruler to takeover Delhi. Was he any less Muslim than them? The Christians don't point the British empire as an accomplishment of Christianity. Why are you claiming the Moghuls? Also, since you want to use the Moghuls as an example, would it be ok to say Muslims are horrible people since Aurangezeb was a well-known, grade A, religious ******? Or are we now supposed to look the other way on that and use Akbar as the benchmark & consider muslims as tolerant people?

Diversity and polarization is as Murrikan as Apple Pie, Sir. The whole mishmash is what makes it so fertile.

Many people here do not study history, let alone American history.

Americans have always struggled with the idea of greatness.

And

that's what my friends makes them

a great nation.

But let's not confuse "world's best nation" with "world's greatest nation".

Greatest nation is the one that decides how majority of the world will communicate, to trade, and even live .

Today's internet age determines how everyone lives in this world. from chat to business.

And guess what

the world's greatest nation designed how information age will work.

Best nation on the other hand is for an individual to decide as to how it treats him or her.

For many, Pakistan is the best nation. That makes them live like kings even as upper middle class.

for others it is not. ask the Christian couple who was burned alive.

Last edited:
Ah, the newsroom. One of my favorites...currently at season 3. Hard hitting and well acted.

America is NOT the greatest country in the world.. it used to be. The greatest country in the world is measured by how well it is to its citizens and the rest of the world. America is not at the top of the list.. but its not at the bottom either.

But what America is , is the only country in the world that can easily retake the greatest country in the world spot if run correctly. No other nation or peoples have that potential in them as of 15/11/2014

The thing is, "greatest" is a comparative measure. Yes, we have our problems and yes, some of the policy decisions makes us cringe. However, look around. If not the US, then who? We are more powerful than all the countries with comparable social indicators, we have a better standard of living than countries that are remotely close to us in militiary power. We are actually way kinder and more generous than earlier superpowers like the British or Romans. So my question remains, if not us, then who?

Last edited:
Only if you do not have to drive. Traffic is horrible, and they just reduced the city speed limit to 25 mph.

Greed Sir Greed....from foreign policies to regional policies...american govt is slave to big corporations. Today's "capitalism" is destroying morals that once made america great and i m afraid there will be no u-turn.

Greed Sir Greed....from foreign policies to regional policies...american govt is slave to big corporations. Today's "capitalism" is destroying morals that once made america great.

This is how true leftists talk all the way from the era of Marx right down to 2014.

Not really. Polarization of opinion based on whether Abortion is a legal practice may still be considered legitimate..but polarization on whether global warming is caused by our own pollution and not by Gay marriage is not. There is a general rise in "stupid" happening in American society.. and ironically as the opening video demonstrates.. has a LOT to do with the falling values in reporting honesty within American society.

On and off the topic.. this TV series is a great example of what is wrong with the American Media today.

The thing is, "greatest" is a comparative measure. Yes, we have our problems and yes, some of the policy decisions makes us cringe. However, look around. If not the US, then who? We are more powerful than all the countries with comparable social indicators, we have a better standard of living than countries than are remotely close to us in militiary power. We are actually way kinder and more generous than earlier superpowers like the British or Romans. So my question remains, if not us, then who?

What about Russia? or China? It cannot be completely discarded that with leadership they cannot turn their lacking in various fields to come to a level comparable to the United States as it is today

However, I do agree that this being a relative question it might as well be "Is America doing justice to what it can be?"

What about Russia? or China? It cannot be completely discarded that with leadership they cannot turn their lacking in various fields to come to a level comparable to the United States as it is today

However, I do agree that this being a relative question it might as well be "Is America doing justice to what it can be?"

Russia and China are who I meant by "countries that are remotely close to us in military power". I don't know about Russia, but China is doing a pretty good job of catching up. Maybe one day, they will take over the mantel. But for now, we're it.

I expect you would add the true source of this info.
It is a section of a series yes but a section that has not been able to be refuted....

Also, not good on your part to just post one little thing.
If you don't like America, fine.
Then say which country is greatest and why.
When did I say any of what you claim?
Why dont you preach the same to yourself and your fellows when they point the OBVIOUS bad about Pakistan? Or is that reserved for you lot ONLY?

Time to emphasize positives instead of doing this $tupid shit shoveling.
I am sorry to hear about your negative brain....Hope you get well and reach something positive soon! We have enough negatives in Pakistan...adding another is just a burden!

Again, you're trying to take credit for events that had nothing to do with you or Islam. They were central Asians who showed up because they thought they had better prospects in the subcontinent. Remember they did kill off a Muslim ruler to takeover Delhi. Was he any less Muslim than them?
Mind if I remind you....All over the thread I gave acknowledgement for where America is as per OP it was the doings of what the FUNDAMENTALS that made America not what it is now....

I also demonstrated how fundamentals are important and hence acknowledgment of fundamental discoveries leading the basic platform for other discoveries need to be recognized ....That was the ONLY point to bring in Islamic civilization ....give credit where it is due...Not as a comparing game which Indians play everytime and you right now are attempting it as per your next part of your post:

The Christians don't point the British empire as an accomplishment of Christianity. Why are you claiming the Moghuls?
I NEVER claimed what the Moghuls did...I merely pointed out PDF INDIANS never quit about it...Please stop twisting and misquoting what I wrote...Pulling everything out of context I can also say you are maligning me by putting my words out of context!

s? Also, since you want to use the Moghuls as an example, would it be ok to say Muslims are horrible people since Aurangezeb was a well-known, grade A, religious ******?
And again the demonstration of what I posted...indians and them never quiting about Moghuls!

Or are we now supposed to look the other way on that and use Akbar as the benchmark & consider muslims as tolerant people?
I never used Moghuls as a benchmark for anything...I merely pointed out what Indians on PDF do when they talk about Muslims or sub continent civilization they quickly hug Moghuls....and that was an answer to a post not an answer to the discussion please try to read few posts before jumping in blind!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom