What's new

Is it a Bit Crazy Spending on Submarines

Ishan

BANNED
Reaction score
Today the News Came that India will Spend 50,000 Crore on 6 New Submarines...

Although it did make me happy but Dont know why Something in My Head Told me Tht It is A Crazy Amount to Spend almost 2 Bn$ for Each Submarine :no:

We may well buy 6 top class Submarine but cud we not have Leased any Conventional Submarine frm Russia or USA ?????

And is it Tht Worth Spending on Submarines tht much amount ???

Pls Some Expert Views :)

Today the News Came that India will Spend 50,000 Crore on 6 New Submarines...

Although it did make me happy but Dont know why Something in My Head Told me Tht It is A Crazy Amount to Spend almost 2 Bn$ for Each Submarine :no:

We may well but 6 top class Submarine but cud we not have Leased any Conventional Submarine frm Russia or USA ?????

And is it Tht Worth Spending on Submarines tht much amount ???

Pls Some Expert Views :)

The cost is mind boggling yes
there is no need to lease conventional subs when we can buy/build them.
the only leased sub we have is the Russian AkulaII it is mostly for training the future crew of the Arihant class.
USA would not lend us a nuke sub.

By the way another thread running on the same topic.

Look, its not the official number. It is the sanctioned amount but not-to-be-spent amount. Its like when u take a loan, that bank sanctions some amount but grants only a certain%. This payment is to be spread over the period of 20 years. 6 subs is not the official number but posted a ball park figure by our dear TOI. :azn:

Hence, don't worry. Ur tax money wont be wasted.

Last edited:
You could have asked the same in the existing thread itself. Why open new??

Why Shud we Not Lease 10 Russian Nuclear Submainre for the Period of 20 Years in that Amount ??????? :blink:

Its as simple as renting an house and buying it. u know in India they have something called ToT. We may even pay the entire amount for it. neways, wait till u get some authoritative source to confirm the news.

^^^better then being a hostage of some cross-border non state radicals. who always ready 4 war in name of religion

may be is a big amt....but u must also consider that India always prefer quality not quantity. a good submarine is enough for 4 submarine may be for more...just like china their most of sub marine and combat ship r old and have no good quality.so it's better to prefer quality not quantity....

Back
Top Bottom