What's new

Is Pakistan army considered one of the world most powerful today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ManUNITEDglory

Reaction score
A Pakistani guy told me that Pakistan are now the 12th world most powerful army ? is there any truth to this.

Don't get wrong, I believe Pakistan army are far stronger than nations like Afghanistan, Iraq, Syria but I doubt they are stronger than most of the European nations.

Yes it's true. It's higher than 12 place. Now please don't make such threads. If you want information, this is the place to find it.

Yes, they would be ranked as one of the strongest armies in the world.

Large military force, advanced weapons and a nuclear power as well.

Pakistan has the 6th largest population in the world and has a big neighbor as an enemy, so of course they would have a strong army.

Yes, they would be ranked as one of the strongest armies in the world.

Large military force, advanced weapons and a nuclear power as well.

Pakistan has the 6th largest population in the world and has a big neighbor as an enemy, so of course they would have a strong army.

I didn't know Pakistan have such a high ranking. I always get the impression they were in the level of countries like Azerbaijan.

Here is a start...

Damn! I guess all those youtube videos of Pakistan army is bullshit. Some youtube videos put Pakistan army ranking way behind in 50th other videos makes them look like a third world joke but than again maybe it's the Indians trying to make Pakistan army look bad and weak.

A Pakistani guy told me that Pakistan are now the 12th world most powerful army ? is there any truth to this.

conventionally, Pakistan is in the 12 position,

when you count strengths of Army then number of active troops, good gears, bullet proof vests, guns, network centric warfare, communications, physics , smartness, looks, all counts & in this case south Korea & Turkey are in a league of their own after them I think its Pakistan/Iran/Indonesia

south Korea active troops 650,000 plus just take a look at these killing machines, these guys are in a league of their own & are just too damn good

korea_1789137c.jpg

South+Korea+Hold+Combined+Exercise+iQYzxehSk-zl.jpg

hackerssteal.jpg

size0-army.mil-101060-2011-03-04-080335.jpg

Turkish army active troops 610,000 plus a force to reckon with !

2njda9h.jpg

1ud7.jpg

080720106287941839.jpg

ozel-harekat-timi-2.jpg

Damn! I guess all those youtube videos of Pakistan army is bullshit. Some youtube videos put Pakistan army ranking way behind in 50th other videos makes them look like a third world joke but than again maybe it's the Indians trying to make Pakistan army look bad and weak.

Well, you can't really rank the armies of the world with any accuracy, except for the top 2-3 spots which are quite clear. But you can still get an idea of the strong fighting forces in the world. In that accord, our military is pretty massive (5th or 6th largest army in the world), we have modern equipment (maybe not the most modern), ISI is considered as one of the best intelligence agencies in the world, we make a lot of our own stuff which is also pretty good in quality; tanks, aircraft, APCs, missiles, guns, ammunition, you name it. Then our forces are very professional and highly trained, so much so that we train the forces of quite a few other countries (our personnel have also been seconded on high command posts to many other countries' militaries). Statements from personnel belonging to other countries' militaries would also give you a good idea. On top of this all, we have nukes and are advancing them quite rapidly. So it should be safe to say that Pakistan has one of the strongest militaries in the world.

This was just a summary though, you can check it all out in depth on this very forum. It's pretty clear.

How many armies in this world have strategic missile strike force with them? Only couple of them. And these are the strongest armies of the world...Remember, I am not even talking about the nuclear factor here.

Armies armed with ballistic missiles, cruise missiles, battle-field quasi ballistic missiles etc will rain death on their opponents from hundreds of kilometers away! These things make them most lethal military machines on planet...

Suppose S.Korea, which has better assault rifles and gear than Pakistani soldiers, go against Pakistan Army in conventional mode. What would happen? Before Korean ground force would be able to even see on Pakistan soldier, Pakistan Strategic Missile Command would have bombed the living hell out of Korean armor, soldiers, artillery, APC, military bases, air bases, sea ports etc etc etc...

You see, fancy soldiers and fancy toys alone don't make armies powerful...In today's world, inflicting death on your opponents from hundreds of miles away is what defines a powerful military. Militaries with this strength/ability are in a league of their own....and therefore, Pakistan Army is definitely in top ten armies of the world.

(And when you add in the nuclear factor, it is easily 7th most powerful army on planet right now)...

And Pakistan Army is one of THE most toughest army when it comes to hardcore training....Look at this video where 90 teams of different countries, consisting of soldiers from those countries, competed against each other in what is thought to be the toughest military exercises in the world (Cambrian Patrol, United Kingdom)...

Pakistani team (Soldiers from Punjab infantry Regement were awared the gold medal in the exercises)...

And here are few things Pakistan Army is armed with... (These threads will immensely help you)...

Missile Forces of Pakistan Army

http://www.defence.pk/forums/pakistan-strategic-forces/130819-pakistani-ballistic-missiles-indigenous-content-development.html

Pakistan Army's main battle tank (Al Khalid-1), which is produced by Pakistan itself! not imported

Basic version produced in 2001 etc..

http://www.defence.pk/forums/pakistan-army/127686-al-khalid-tank-type-90-iim-mbt-2000-information-pool.html

Current version which Pakistan Army operates (Al Khalid-1) and its comparison with Israel's most latest Merkava IV tank.. (Al Khalid-1 is right up there with Merkava IV..read 1st post of this thread. Quite informative)..

http://www.defence.pk/forums/land-warfare/225506-comparison-pakistani-al-khalid-1-mbt-vs-israeli-merkava-iv-mbt.html

Not to mention Pakistani Artillery, which is one of the most brutal in the world....

But yes, Pakistan Army's main assault rifle is G-3, AK-47s etc...These aren't very modern..but Pakistan has a standing army of 600,000+ and reserves of 500,000+ more!!! Adapting new assault rifle is a hard task since more than 1 million of them will be required...but I guess work is already underway on this issue..

And finally here is a video of Pakistani soldiers fighting Talibans in tribal areas of Pakistan. This video is old..alot of things have changed..but it gives you a good hint about how Pakistani solders' gear look like..

Exclusive Footage Pakistan Army Fighting The Taliban YouTube - YouTube

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sorry, as much as I want pak army to be strong in defensive capabilities, I don't think that is the case. Look at the equipment pak army uses, honestly even some African nations uses the same. I'm talking in terms of light weapons. The only edge Pakistan has is its air force, but thanks to the fat corrupt pak generals, air force won't be able to fund a full scale war for more than a week. And that's the bitter truth.

@ManUNITEDglory

Its hard to gauge a nation's real firepower potential without taking into account the type of combat that firepower is going to be utilized in. Modern day warfare is becoming more and more complex with counter insurgency operations becoming very common. Pakistan's special forces are very well trained and battle hardened, all the way from the days of Afghan Soviet war.

On the conventional side of the equation, where we talk about Pakistan vs India scenario, Pakistan Army is the 6th largest standing Army in the world and is one of the most highly trained, however because of the low budget it cannot arm its soldier as much as other nations with a higher budget do.Remember its not all about giving an assault weapon, a side arm, a knife , a ballistic vest and helmet gear to the soldier. In today's warfare, you need secure data link, observation and communication satellites, electronic warfare capability and other means of gathering situational awareness which affects the outcome of any combat scene.

Pakistan Army scores high in strength,stand off firepower, organization and professionalism, combat experience. It scores low in high tech situational awareness capability as well as in firepower/individual soldier as well as in the area of overall resources needed to conduct a war. This should explain why world's 6th largest Army scores 12th in firepower rankings. [Of course this doesn't include the Nuclear aspect]

The list your mate was refering to was from the Global Firepower Index 2013.

Fullscreen+capture+992013+44843+PM.bmp.jpg

Global Firepower Index 2013

I hope, this answers your question.

@ManUNITEDglory

Its hard to gauge a nation's real firepower potential without taking into account the type of combat that firepower is going to be utilized in. Modern day warfare is becoming more and more complex with counter insurgency operations becoming very common. Pakistan's special forces are very well trained and battle hardened, all the way from the days of Afghan Soviet war.

On the conventional side of the equation, where we talk about Pakistan vs India scenario, Pakistan Army is the 6th largest standing Army in the world and is one of the most highly trained, however because of the low budget it cannot arm its soldier as much as other nations with a higher budget do.Remember its not all about giving an assault weapon, a side arm, a knife , a ballistic vest and helmet gear to the soldier. In today's warfare, you need secure data link, observation and communication satellites, electronic warfare capability and other means of gathering situational awareness which affects the outcome of any combat scene.

Pakistan Army scores high in strength,stand off firepower, organization and professionalism, combat experience. It scores low in high tech situational awareness capability as well as in firepower/individual soldier as well as in the area of overall resources needed to conduct a war. This should explain why world's 6th largest Army scores 12th in firepower rankings. [Of course this doesn't include the Nuclear aspect]

The list your mate was refering to was from the Global Firepower Index 2013.

Fullscreen+capture+992013+44843+PM.bmp.jpg

Global Firepower Index 2013

I hope, this answers your question.

Man I have few questions why on earth Brazil is above Pakistan and How on earth Japan is below Indonesia and even Iran

Turkey has more firepower than pak?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom