What's new

Is Pilot Important?????

Which is the most important Factor in victory?

• The Pilot

Votes: 18 52.9%
  • The Platform

Votes: 5 14.7%
  • The Radar

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • The Avionics

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • The Weapons

Votes: 6 17.6%

• Total voters

pak-yes

Reaction score
I was wondering an extremely important question.

With the Advent of Technology these days.We keep hearing the terms 4.5,5th generation, BVRs , AESA , and all these things.

So with the advancement of technology has the time come that Pilot is no longer the deciding factor.

Has the time Come that superior Pilot can be let down by a rookie only due to technology.

And if that time has come that winning of the battle is no longer in Pilot's hands then which is the thing which is now most important.

Some will say that a combination a all factors but still there must be a single thing that is responsible for the outcome of battle.Which is it?

The Pilot,The Platform,The Radar,Electronics and Avionics or the Weapons.

I guess technology. But someone is always required to sit in the cockpit. :coffee:

A dumb pilot can be less efficient but an incapable weapon is 0% efficient. My vote to weapons.

Lol whats wrong with this poll? Every damn thing is important. Radar yes and but if no missiles, what you gonna shoot the enemy with nuts?

Its a complete bundle which complements each other. You cannot just suppose a single element to perform all for you..

Its like Pilot is important as who will fly the AC. and AC is important as what the pilot will fly?

By Radar And Weapons I mean that.If a superior pilot has inferior weapons and a rookie has superior weapons.What will be the result.I don't mean that a pilot has no radar or weapons

Lol why members belong to our country always talk about PILOTS PILOTS AND PILOTS ???? ...

feeel some fear about enemy ????

So better to spend money on State of the Art rather thn junk!

Select one single platform for Naval, Front and support.. Hope our members in future talk about "Avonics rather thn PILOTS PILOTS AND PILOTS".

Lol why members belong to our country always talk about PILOTS PILOTS AND PILOTS ???? ...

feeel some fear about enemy ????

So better to spend money on State of the Art rather thn junk!

Select one single platform for Naval, Front and support.. Hope our members in future talk about "Avonics rather thn PILOTS PILOTS AND PILOTS".

Planes today can take of and land by them selves.

But would you get on a plane with out a pilot.:disagree:

Pilots are the true weapons on Air war, The instruments he/She has at their disposal merely give them an advantage over their adversaries.

But i do get your point, People should be more technical in their discussions then always talking something as variable as Pilot quality

Wow, I didn't realize the poll itself can be challenged. :lol:
Then I guess its radar + weapons. A great killer-flying-machine-operator is always highly appreciated. ;)

i guess 5. generation is the last generation we will see pilots on cockpit. but it doesnt mean that pilots will disappear. You know the UAV's . there is no pilot, no cockpit but the pilot still exists because they are controlled by pilots based in control centers of the vehicle. i think pilots will keep existing but physical condition, endurance and other needs of pilots will disappear. Good gamers will be the pilots of the future :lol: So i vote for all. i cant make a decision among them. they are the parts of a perfectly working watch.

While previously Pilots were somewhat on their own once in the battle field, relying mainly on what the radars told them and what they could see, they would have to make decision on their own depending on the situation. But now they still have to do the above to some extent but they do get loads of help from others through Data Links, AWACS and what not. Technology has greatly reduced the burden of the pilot and also gives him great situational awareness. So in brief its more team work now and the team that can best use the data they have and communicate effectively is surely going to come out on tops!!!

So one weak link in the above chain can make the difference. So we have better pilots than you do kinda talk holds little relevance in the new air fights IMO

You still need a skilled pilot to manage the increased workload of operating and fully utilizing the AESA, HMD/S, data-link, TVC, etc. Reaction time, spatial awareness, perception and creativity will continue to play a significant role in air combat...thus, the need for a good pilot.

Pilots will become obsolete - and will get replaced by central commander - and AI which can assign priorities which crafts shoud be engaged , and also with out pilots the planes can perform greater G turns - and the AI would also be able to better link with AWAC data and have better situatioal awareess -

With out pilots there will be no blackouts or pain in body suffered by pilots -

Then again with out pilots there would be a chace that things would/will get hacked

Planes today can take of and land by them selves.

But would you get on a plane with out a pilot.:disagree:

Pilots are the true weapons on Air war, The instruments he/She has at their disposal merely give them an advantage over their adversaries.

But i do get your point, People should be more technical in their discussions then always talking something as variable as Pilot quality

After read your post now i understand this thread:

Pakistan Eyes Acquisition of Chinese Training Aircraft

Now i feel that PAF select front line platform "L15" lol its mean 60% of Pilot and 40% of L15 Trainner in front of MKI ... defintly kick MKI in seconds.....

man man... dont make me craZy about pilot and aircraft ABCD-1234 lol in my opinion 35% of Pilot and 65% of aircraft in TODAY war's either its Dogfight, ground attack ability or whatever you call.

Jahaz 30 saal porana aur bamushkil MLU in front of STATE OF THE ART Aircraft with + 300 400 Range Radar + AWACS like phalcon.. MLU Aircraft pilot Tom Clancy Hawks GAME nahe REAL WAR may hey! lol man u guyz make me crazy seriously :rofl:

FORGOD SAKE BE REALISTIC!

Last edited:
Pilots will become obsolete - and will get replaced by central commander - and AI which can assign priorities which crafts shoud be engaged , and also with out pilots the planes can perform greater G turns - and the AI would also be able to better link with AWAC data and have better situatioal awareess -

With out pilots there will be no blackouts or pain in body suffered by pilots -

Then again with out pilots there would be a chace that things would/will get hacked

My bet is that you study/work in Information Technology area??

Back
Top Bottom