What's new

Is SUPARCO REALLY a failure?

Over the past day I've notice so many Pakistani's feeling down, whether on facebook, instagram, twitter X, reddit, whatsapp, even Google! Demanding it be shutdown or run by civilians...

We really need to set the record straight here. I mean come on, look at all these successful launches! I think I counted 32 from 1989.

Not only that but the phenomenal folks are going a Lunar prediction program where the different phases of the moon are predicted. A quick google search shows there's no other space agency doing this.

View attachment 948339

Right now you are not sounding very different from some of my fellow Indians who just gloat about past glory and Achievements.

What has SUPARCO done of any significance in the 21st century.

Over the past day I've notice so many Pakistani's feeling down, whether on facebook, instagram, twitter X, reddit, whatsapp, even Google! Demanding it be shutdown or run by civilians...

We really need to set the record straight here. I mean come on, look at all these successful launches! I think I counted 32 from 1989.

Not only that but the phenomenal folks are going a Lunar prediction program where the different phases of the moon are predicted. A quick google search shows there's no other space agency doing this.

View attachment 948339

SUPARCO : to boldly go no where : mission of corrupts

Last edited:
Are you implying that PAF is also becoming another SUPARCO?
Black eye proves the point:-

1692926836166.png

I would attribute it to lack of stability. For such long term growth projects, you need stable government and stable economy. I don’t believe it has anything to do with lack of man power or knowledge. Knowledge and know how can be developed.

A stable economy to continuously fund growth in sector and a stable government to set forth a long term goal and to fund such programs throughout the ups and down of projects.

SUPARCO is a valuable organization. It is training people for how to use satellite systems for scientific applications and research. This is good development.
suparco is a waste of money......
we been having these good developments for decades without any success.

I think the leadership hasn't stuck with its vision while setting up SUPARCO, if they had it would have shown some results despite less funding.

Its still not late, they can rejuvenate if there is proper vision. If Pakistan can achieve Ballistic missile success, there is no reason they can't place a satellite in LEO at least.

As far as I know, Suparco has a small budget of few million dollars per year. It is probably not enough to pay the salary, let alone working on a project
And top of that:
A general as leader who cant write a computer program.
Internal Lahore-Karachi rift
US led embargoes.
Involvement in Abdali project.

That was a good one. So subtle that very few got it.

Back
Top Bottom