What's new

Is the country collapse imminent?

I am not sure what that means. They call the country an 'Islamic Republic'. How much clearer should it be? It is a state founded on a religion, just as Israel is a Jewish state. BTW, we have similar state too, Utah, for all intents and purposes, is a Mormon state, and was born that way. But of course, U.S. Constitution and all federal laws are valid in Utah. Talking of divisions, do you know anything about politics of Israel? They have a whole spectrum of parties from ultra-orthodox to ultra-liberal. Their politics looks like a mess, but they still produce Nobel laureates like lollipops.
But they are all ethnic Jews, it's both faith and ethnic based.

We are very diverse and can't fall back on ethnicity

But they are all ethnic Jews, it's both faith and ethnic based.

We are very diverse and can't fall back on ethnicity
Have you been to Israel? It looks like USA, from dark skinned Ethiopian Jews, to fair skinned Ashkenazis and Sephardic with a good number of middle eastern Mizrahi and a sprinkling of miscellaneous like Indian Jews.

Nothing is collapsing.

Pakistan will get the IMF loans and things will limp along.

My personal concern (aside from political instability) is whether long-term economic reforms will be taken up. Without these reforms, we will yo-yo in and out of these meltdowns.

Nothing is collapsing.

Pakistan will get the IMF loans and things will limp along.

My personal concern (aside from political instability) is whether long-term economic reforms will be taken up. Without these reforms, we will yo-yo in and out of these meltdowns.

It all depends on how "collapse" is defined, and whether we plan on endless economic yo-yoing as a desirable design feature to be achieved by intent. :D

I say let this rotten country collapse. This corrupt to the core system n society doesn't deserve to live.
Totally agreed civil war is about to happen but can be prevented with good sincere leadership not from old tested we need fresh guy to rule and have no party background and agenda etc just bring pak on track all political debates and work should be banned and start building pak should be given priority

For a few months. Come April 2023, the tape can be rewound and played again.

What other country has failed to complete an agreed upon IMF program twenty-two times? We seem to be the champions of repeating this melody. :D

What other country has failed to complete an agreed upon IMF program twenty-two times?
Honestly, If I was the person in charge at IMF, I would have placed the number on a 'Do not Answer' list.

Honestly, If I was the person in charge at IMF, I would have placed the number on a 'Do not Answer' list.

Except that the IMF is bound by its charter to help its member states, when asked, according to sound financial principles.

FnpjOQNaUAEsjzC

The youth hates the army (14-25 yrs)
This generation will also have the toughest time ever(record inflation in last 4 decades). Never has the inflation persisted so high for so long

Will this lead to severe civil military strain

https://www.facebook.com/reel/561817679089805?s=yWDuG2&fs=e

Normally that's not a big deal but we all know the saying

"For good or bad, it's is the Pakistan military that has prevented the country collapse"

Hence the biggest threat to Pakistan is the youth..if exploitated this may lead to either boom/reinvention
Or
Collapse of the nation
O bhai hamari qoum abhi bhi social media par thathey baazi kar rai hai. Kissi me kuch karne ka dum nai hai. Ghairatman qoumein chand ghanto mein apne hukook k liye bahir nikal ati hain. Turkey.

Yahan sab pehle ap pehle ap mein lage hue hain.

Ya waqt k firaouno ko ye keh rae hain "ab bhi waqt hai sudhar jao".

What kind of circus is this?? What kind of joker qoum is this??

Last edited:
Inflation is just one symptom. Inability to earn enough foreign exchange to pay for essential imports is the problem.
There is also an elephant in the room. IMF doesn't like Pakistan's bookkeeping habits. They give pocket change and ask a lot of probing questions. Frequently. And show disappointment with answers. Argentina has high degree of corruption, but much less than Pakistan.

Rank Score
23px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png
Argentina

Decrease

Decrease
23px-Flag_of_Pakistan.svg.png
Pakistan

Decrease

Decrease

In 2018, When Argentina had a debt crisis, IMF wrote a $57 Billion check for a smaller country of 47 million people.

Argentina gets biggest loan in IMF's history at $57bn​

Argentina is more developed than Pakistan, and they don’t have nuclear weapons.
Pakistan is super star when it comes to corruption and 30 to 40 years behind in development compared to many 3rd world countries.

Back
Top Bottom