What's new

Is the US Yielding Spaceflight Leadership to China? (Op-Ed)

People...Just let the Chinese have their fantasies. Leave this thread to the Chinese.

China has produced far more world renowned mathematicians and scientists than America ever has over 14,000 years of American history while China only has 12,000 years of history. Win = China. :china:

You Americans shall soon learn what the Middle Kingdom is all about. :china:

True, but America's golden age from the early 1960s to the mid 1980s is over. America has made very little progress since then. Curiosity landed on Mars in 2012, but so did Viking in 1976. Hubble's successor James Webb is delayed for many years. In many instances, China has already surpassed America in astronomy. For instance, Chang'e 2 has orbited the Moon before reaching L2 and then flying by Toutatis. Such a feat has never been accomplished by another country. Voyager was launched in 1977 and barely made it out of the helio sheath after so long. Voyager would need tens of thousands of years just to reach the nearest star system. This is unacceptable for astronomy. America must await its renaissance just as China had its renaissance in the mid 1800s after been stagnant since its golden age from 400 BC to 1450 AD.

I am not degrading our achievement as some of the cheerleaders do. I am proud of it despite the blockades on us by NASA and the likes for co-operations and technology transfer.

NASA is short of funds but I am seeing they are turning to private sectors for support.
At this stage lets not make a fuss about who is ahead. It is NASA.

We have the potential of closing the gap. Only if NASA is completely dried up in respect of source of finance or expertise, then we may exceed them. But it will take a long while to do so I am afraid cause we are also facing the problems of funding, supply of scientists PLUS continuing technology blockade.

I am not degrading our achievement as some of the cheerleaders do. I am proud of it despite the blockades on us by NASA and the likes for co-operations and technology transfer.

NASA is short of funds but I am seeing they are turning to private sectors for support.
At this stage lets not make a fuss about who is ahead. It is NASA.

We have the potential of closing the gap. Only if NASA is completely dried up in respect of source of finance or expertise, then we may exceed them. But it will take a long while to do so I am afraid cause we are also facing the problems of funding, supply of scientists PLUS continuing technology blockade.

How does China compare to Russia?

Back
Top Bottom