What's new

Is this BrahMos-2 ??

gessy darling if u are interested about brahmos 2 then try this thread:D
DF21dvsBRA2missiles.jpg

http://www.defence.pk/forums/indian...mos-2-hypersonic-ascm-layman-comparision.html

That is Hypersonic Technology demonstrator Vehicle . A Hypersonic missile certainly doesn't look like that . That might be used as engine to make the platform achieve Hypersonic speeds .

^^^
The design might be like this but still we can't say anything since design is not been finalised.

Blind, are you? Atleast try to spell properly;) its not Onyx, its Oniks. Yakhont & P-800 Oniks
is the same missile. and they're supersonic, not hypersonic.:lol:

My mistake:) btw Yakhnoot is export version of Oniks with 290km range you call it Brahmos.

My mistake:) btw Yakhnoot is export version of Oniks with 290km range you call it Brahmos.

Hmmm...what do you hope to achieve with ignorance?

BrahMos is new missile, only its design characteristics and only some early research conducted in
Soviet Union has been used, rest has been developed anew, majority of its systems were developed
from scratch after the JV was signed between India/Russia, the BrahMos Aerospace Corp.

India holds 51% stake and Russia 49% stake here.

The navigation system is brand-new developed in India, guidance systems were developed jointly,
the RAMJET is a much-improved, far more fuel-efficient one developed in Russia with some
Indian input.

The range, well...obeying the MTCR Russia must have regulated it to >300km, (or just said so),
Russians have violated MTCR several times to provide tech in development of missiles with
range well above 300km. The AGNI-5 (5000km+) also has Russian tech support in some critical
areas until India develops indigenous alternatives.

The early Yakhont had a range of 700km, the new BrahMos holds just as much fuel as the Yakhont
and shares similar flight characteristics (in addition to the much more fuel-efficient engine and lesser
drag), I would expect its true range to be superior than 700km, people need to wait until a war
breaks out to find out the truth.

Similar in design to the X51.

Yes, except that X51 is an LACM while BrahMos-2 is an ASCM (LACM version will be developed later
though).

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom