ISI allegedly pays for acid attacks on Afghan schoolgirls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solomon2

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
United States
Jalil spoke tentatively at first, but his story was electrifying. Jalil and eight other Afghans, he said, were paid to throw acid on the girls by an intelligence officer working for the government of Pakistan. This was not some vague assertion; Jalil provided names, details and places. The camera zoomed in on his face. A few weeks before the attack, Jalil said, he was contacted by one Major Tahir, an officer with the Directorate for Inter-Services Intelligence, or ISI, the Pakistani spy agency. The ISI helped create the Taliban in the mid-1990s and has maintained a close association ever since. Jalil and Major Tahir had known each other for years, he said. Jalil said that Tahir offered a sliding pay scale: $2,500 for killing a teacher; $3,700 for burning a school; $1,200 for spraying acid on school girls.

“I said O.K.”

...I asked Ali who he thought carried out the attack.

“Pakistan,” he said without hesitation. “They want to bring chaos to this country.”

What about the Taliban? I was curious how Ali and the other parents could send their daughters to the Mirwais Mena School while tolerating the Taliban in their midst.

“The real Taliban do not bother the people,” Ali said. “After the attack, a man from the Taliban came to the mosque and spoke. He said they had nothing to do with the attack.”

...All of the nine men arrested for the crime were sitting in the prison. I was skeptical of their confessions, particularly of the allegation that Pakistani intelligence was involved. (I went to the Pakistani Consulate in Kandahar, but no one there would come to the door...)

link

Reactions: S-2
Damn they're wasting money on this?I think they have better jobs to do then pay someone to throw acid on AFghan girls (We have plenty of them in Pakistan so we could do that here if wanted).I would imagine for this kind of money Afghans can even blow up their own houses.

On a side note... what the **** indian army is doing in afghanistan???

Last edited by a moderator:
A few weeks before the attack, Jalil said, he was contacted by one Major Tahir, an officer with the Directorate for Inter-Services Intelligence, or ISI, the Pakistani spy agency.

How completely believable - an ISI officer contacted a potential terrorist and identified himself through, rank, name and department before offering a 'sliding pay scale' for terrorist attacks.

Reports like these are not isolated unfortunately, and show why Pakistan is correct in not trusting the Afghan government that tortures/pays for nonsensical propaganda like this to malign Pakistan.

Taken together with both recent and past statements by this Afghan government and their President of not accepting the Durand Line, and Pakistani concerns are completely legitimate.

waste money on acid ? man they can use there brain poison in water or food is best option to kill them as i think.or isi runing by teens shame full propegenda done by shameless ppl.

Solomon2:

So blatantly obvious in spreading propaganda and selective quoting?

You missed an very important part of the article, where the journalist personally interviews the alleged ringleader Jalil (who made allegations about the ISI) and finds him claiming innocence.

The first was Abdul Jalil, the supposed ringleader.

“I don’t have anything to do with the attack,” Jalil said. “I was tortured into making that confession.”

The warden, Abdullah Bawar, sat in the corner, reclining in a chair and smoking a cigarette.

“I was stripped of my clothes and hung upside down and beaten for many hours,” Jalil said. “I passed out many times.” I searched Jalil’s face for signs that he was deceiving me. There were none. Mostly he seemed tired.

“I didn’t even know about the attack — God is my witness,” Jalil said. “I have two daughters, and both of them are in school.”

It’s possible Jalil was lying, but he was convincing — more convincing than he was in the video. He spoke at length about his arrest, offering details that seemed too banal to concoct. It started with a man named Hamayoun, he said, to whom Jalil sold a 1986 Toyota Corolla three years ago. Ever since, Jalil had pressed Hamayoun to pay what he owed, which amounted to $400.

In November, Jalil said, he heard that Hamayoun had come to Kandahar, so he called and persuaded him to meet at a local tea shop. Hamayoun promised to bring the $400. But when Jalil arrived, he found another man, named Lalai, an officer with the Kandahar police. Lalai said he needed to ask Jalil a few questions; would he come along? Jalil was blindfolded, arrested and taken to the police station, where the torture began. After several days of abuse, which Jalil described in horrific detail, he agreed to memorize the confession that was ultimately shown on television.

Jalil could only guess, but he figured that Hamayoun heard about the acid attack and fingered Jalil to avoid repaying the loan.

“It is amazing, what has happened to me,” Jalil said.

The New York Times > Log In

This kind of Afghan propaganda is what contributes to Pakistan's low popularity in Afghanistan, despite the fact that Pakistan is Afghanistan's largest trading partner and has contributed over $500 million to reconstruction in Afghanistan relative to India's pledged $1.2 billion.

What's next, the earthquake in Haiti is the making of ISI.
yeah that was Pakistan's secret weapon.

Afghanistan was from the day first Pro-India, and the only one who were Neutral were Taliban government and currently they are our own enemy.Also how is Pakistan's intelligence agency is involved when Pakistan is trapped in its own troubles and ISI is busy with homeland security.!!!!! total crap

India's military is there, proofs of their involvement are given to India's Pm and to American's also, and on top of that Indian Ambassador for Afghanistan admitted their involvement in destabilizing Balochistan and using Afghan land against Pakistan.When current Afghan government is Pro-India

It is the written version of same Anti-Pakistan propaganda that India was accused of spreading in Afghanistan through radio.

I woke up late today as my alarm clock didn;t go off on time, I think ISI was behind this.

I couldn't coock my breakfast as I had run out of eggs, which I like alot, I think the ISI was behind this

I waked to the bust stop and there was a big queue, I think the ISI was behind this

The bus was absolutely packed and the journey was cramped, I think the ISI was behind this

I got late for work due to alot of traffic, I think the ISI was behind this

My workload was very high today and everything seemed to pile up before the end of the day, I think the ISI was behind this

I got back to the vus stop, and guess what, there was a big queue again, I think the ISI was behind this

There was no programm of my liking to watch on tv when I got home, damn, I think the ISI was behind this....................

All in a normal day

Jalil spoke tentatively at first, but his story was electrifying. Jalil and eight other Afghans, he said, were paid to throw acid on the girls by an intelligence officer working for the government of Pakistan. This was not some vague assertion; Jalil provided names, details and places. The camera zoomed in on his face. A few weeks before the attack, Jalil said, he was contacted by one Major Tahir, an officer with the Directorate for Inter-Services Intelligence, or ISI, the Pakistani spy agency. The ISI helped create the Taliban in the mid-1990s and has maintained a close association ever since. Jalil and Major Tahir had known each other for years, he said. Jalil said that Tahir offered a sliding pay scale: $2,500 for killing a teacher; $3,700 for burning a school; $1,200 for spraying acid on school girls.

“I said O.K.”

...I asked Ali who he thought carried out the attack.

“Pakistan,” he said without hesitation. “They want to bring chaos to this country.”

What about the Taliban? I was curious how Ali and the other parents could send their daughters to the Mirwais Mena School while tolerating the Taliban in their midst.

“The real Taliban do not bother the people,” Ali said. “After the attack, a man from the Taliban came to the mosque and spoke. He said they had nothing to do with the attack.”

...All of the nine men arrested for the crime were sitting in the prison. I was skeptical of their confessions, particularly of the allegation that Pakistani intelligence was involved. (I went to the Pakistani Consulate in Kandahar, but no one there would come to the door...)

link

whoever wrote the article forgot the first rule of lying

"the lie should be believable"

whoever wrote the article forgot the first rule of lying

"the lie should be believable"

More like 'whoever tortured poor Jalil to lie forgot the first rule of lying'.

The author later on in the article expresses his skepticism over these claims and goes to personally meet the 8 alleged criminals and does provide their side of the story (which I quoted in my previous post) in which they plead innocence and Jalil says that he made those claims because he was tortured and told to lie.

So the author himself cannot be blamed here since he did present all the facts related to the story. The same cannot be said of the gentleman who started the thread.

Let me enjoy the fact that everyone is scared of ISI :p ...this thread is such a waste of time...

:pakistan:
Let me enjoy the fact that everyone is scared of ISI :p ...this thread is such a waste of time...

:no:
not everyone is scared of ISI only Anti Pakistan forces are scared of ISI....

They get scared the **** out of them wven when ISI is on tea break :coffee:
:yahoo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom