What's new

ISI Questions & Discussions

wilco u see .. after completing ur 5 year stay at cherat u hv a choice of either going to ur home corps(infantry,armoured,signals,supply...)or u can go into the isi for doing things like james bond

wilco u see .. after completing ur 5 year stay at cherat u hv a choice of either going to ur home corps(infantry,armoured,signals,supply...)or u can go into the isi for doing things like james bond
You are telling me something or asking me something ??

Regards
Wilco

In the book "Bear Trap", Brig Yousaf mentions on the side that many of the ISI opertaives have been either commandos or police officers.

No police. Its all posting from Army, PAF and Navy. MI and ISI are both manned by Armed Forces personnel. IB on the other hand has folks from Police etc.

There is one more choice, you can stick around the SSG for another 5 years if you can hang with the rigors of service in the SSG after your first 5 years. Most people opt out for various reasons including the need to gain diverse experience in other staff and unit appointments as well as to take a break from the mental and physical fatigue in the SSG service.

No police. Its all posting from Army, PAF and Navy. MI and ISI are both manned by Armed Forces personnel. IB on the other hand has folks from Police etc.

I thought that there were some ISI people who were taken from the Civil service too. if this is not the case dont they have a narrow pool of people to chose from and doesnt this hamper the ability of the ISI to a more awsome organization.

I thought that there were some ISI people who were taken from the Civil service too. if this is not the case dont they have a narrow pool of people to chose from and doesnt this hamper the ability of the ISI to a more awsome organization.

Its "Inter-Services" Intelligence. The focus is on national security and thus far they have not had the need to recruit outside of the services. The intelligence grid in Pakistan is built with input from the 3 outfits (ISI, MI and IB). MI and ISI focus on the external and military threat whereas IB is mostly IS (ISI tends to overreach and get into stuff that IB is responsible for. I guess the flow of information between the IB and ISI is as such where they can operate without having the need to recruit out of local law enforcement.

i want to join ISI at any cost but i have a problem that i am have a slight problem in seeing colours ie some colours r not seen clearly in other words i m colour blind please anybody tell me that weather i can join ISI or pak army with this fault
please reply becoz i m veryyyyyyyyyyy much worring about it:frown:

Hey welcome to the forum man, but you know there is more to life than the ISI.

You need to join the Army to join the ISI, even then its like a 1/1000 chance they want you...you never sign up, they call you. There is no need to worry about it, ISI is a very very small organization that has been blown out of proportions. There are many other ways you can serve your country, many other noble causes. So take it easy man, try your best to get in the Army...if you dont make it then there are a million other doors. Good Luck.:tup:

One person i can confirm was recruited in ISI but he did only office work,and those who do real work in ISI are from i guess SSG.

i want to join ISI at any cost but i have a problem that i am have a slight problem in seeing colours ie some colours r not seen clearly in other words i m colour blind please anybody tell me that weather i can join ISI or pak army with this fault
please reply becoz i m veryyyyyyyyyyy much worring about it:frown:

You dont have to join as an Army Officer, you can join if you are an Engineer, IT/COMMS, Singnals /RF or Crypto, you can join as civvie BPS grade 18/17 depends really. Obviously you do the back office work "more important in the long run" for the company but you can work your way up in that department.

Besides the future of Intel is not HUMINT:Human Intelligence its SIGINT: Signals Intel and EW: Electronic Warfare.

One person i can confirm was recruited in ISI but he did only office work,and those who do real work in ISI are from i guess SSG.

Not true, its a mix bag. You have people from ARTY, SIGS, BLUECAPS, REDCAPS.

Back
Top Bottom