What's new

Islamic Monuments in India - Whose Legacy?

Do Islamic monuments in India belong to Pakistani history?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Buddha was a Nepalese ethnic.

Buddhism originated from Nepal/India, but then got persecuted substantially within India, and found refuge in Pakistan's land. From within pakistan, it developed, especially the Northwest and Swat/Afghanistan.

Disappearance of Buddhism From India: An Untold Story

Yes Buddhism has nothiing to do with India .. same way as Ghalib,Mir or mughals Has nothing to do with Pakistan ..

Trying to see history with present geographical perspective is foolish ..
you mean to say that history of Pakistan was cut into half in 1971 . the pages in history books were torn in to half ??
lol

Yes Buddhism has nothiing to do with India .. same way as Ghalib,Mir or mughals Has nothing to do with Pakistan ..

Trying to see history with present geographical perspective is foolish ..
you mean to say that history of Pakistan was cut into half in 1971 . the pages in history books were torn in to half ??
lol

Buddha was born in Nepal, not India:

Tired from the decade-old armed conflict that has already claimed more than 13,000 lives, followers of Bomjan claimed that he was an incarnation of Lord Buddha who was born in Nepal more than 2,500 years ago.
BBC NEWS | South Asia | Nepal's 'Buddha' boy goes missing

Buddhism originated in Nepal:
Buddhism originated in Northern India, or present-day Nepal. It was here that the Historical Buddha (Prince Siddhartha, later Gautama Buddha), was born and lived in the sixth century BC.
SamuraiReligion

As for the Bangladesh or East Pakistan example, it's the same as Saudi Arabia conquering parts of India centuries ago. According to your "logic", the Arabian conquerors were not called Saudi Arabians, therefore they cannot claim to have conquered India. However they did. So I hope you can see that names of countries change over centuries and do not mean much. What is Bangaldeshi history is all that occurs within the border of modern day Bangladesh, what is Pakistani history is all within Pakistani borders.

I really don't know why you place so much emphasis on the name. Do the French not claim their Gaulish heritage, because their country was not called France millenia ago? It is good to argue your case logically, but you are not being logical..just more desperate to deny something you know exists but cannot bring yourself ot admit. That Pakistani history = the history of whatever land mass Pakistan currently occupies.

Buddhism originated from Nepal/India, but then got persecuted substantially within India, and found refuge in Pakistan's land. From within pakistan, it developed, especially the Northwest and Swat/Afghanistan.

Disappearance of Buddhism From India: An Untold Story

Gautam Buddha was an Indian Prince (Kshatriya Caste), which ruled the Kingdom of Kosala which roughly corresponds with modern Uttar Pradesh.

Lumbini is located in a district bordering India, and for all intents and purposes,is considered a part of ancient India.

That does not however take anything away from the Nepalis.

As far as your claims of persecution are concerned, considering the widespread mixed hindu-buddhist-jain religious structures dating well into the 12th century before the arrival of Islamic invaders, it would hardly seem that there was any ideological enmity between the faiths.

Its true that the social structure did change over time, but it was a gradual evolution like most other religious developments within India.

History can be divided into mutually exclusive sections in fact. Whatever happened within the borders of modern day Pakistan during history, is the history of the land area known as Pakistan. Whatever happened within India's borders is the history of India.

That's completely wrong and very irresponsible. Did Babur change from Pakistani to Indian once he crossed the border?

History has many layers, and its highly unfortunate that it has to be chopped up for national pride, but even so, its best avoided as far as possible.

LOL. Oh BULLSHYT. No part of the term "India" means East :rofl:

Here's a quote from Megasthenes (300C BC) (I have quoted him before, but just to refresh your memory):

"India then being four-sided in plan, the side which looks to the Orient and that to the South, the Great Sea compasseth; that towards the Arctic is divided by the mountain chain of Hēmōdus from Scythia, inhabited by that tribe of Scythians who are called Sakai; and on the fourth side, turned towards the West, the Indus marks the boundary, the biggest or nearly so of all rivers after the Nile."

A map to help interpret the paragraph:

93dfff5754dad2049e495154674b3592.jpg

The term "India" was coined with reference to the "Indus River". Nothing to do with East of it.

No denying that, but it was used to describe the lands to the east of the Indus, which would include eastern Pakistan.

Similarly, the term "Hindustan", also a corruption of the Indus river, would later be used by the Middle-easterners to describe the lands east of the Indus.

The modern border is not an arbitrary line. There is a reason that Islam spread along only up till the Indo-Pak border. It was definitely not arbitrary.

And that reason was the constant migration of western tribes into the Indus valley and the consequent dilution/wiping out of indigenous peoples.

Compared to today's standards they were idiots, though for their time, they were remarkably advanced..Sort of the USA of today. However, placing such emphasis on their geographical knowledge, and assuming the mistakes they made as fact, is just regurgitating what we know to be incorrect..that is idiocy.

I don't understand - on one hand you use the terms invented by them to describe the subcontinent - and on the other - you claim that they had the wrong definition?
It seems that you are employing double standards by selectively choosing the stuff that conforms with your own ideas, and rejecting the stuff that doesn't by discrediting it.

Last edited:
Well! We wil use an Oxymoron now.. Modern History.. Lets take Germany.. Germany's Benovalent dictator was Adolf Hitler.. But Do u think Germany rejected his entry into the country's history coz he was born in Austria?

Well! We wil use an Oxymoron now.. Modern History.. Lets take Germany.. Germany's Benovalent dictator was Adolf Hitler.. But Do u think Germany rejected his entry into the country's history coz he was born in Austria?

Whats your point?

Analogies only go so far since you can never have a perfect comparison. What are you comparing to in this case?

Islamic monuments and Whatever that existed in the subcontinent, have a shared history is my point.. Same with IVC and other stuff.. Its neither your history, nor my history.. Its "our" (you n me included) history..

i dont know why the taj mahal is the symbol of India,

i mean there are other monuments way better than it (Victoria Terminal, Akshardam, and a few others)

taj mahal is so freaking ugly to me

should promote other monuments

Well, Victoria Terminus is the Great Imperial Monument, so it doesn't get much love.

Akshardham is brand new, and they don't allow photography inside :P

So, what's the great monument that is reasonably close to Delhi and exquisitely beautiful to boot? Taj of course.

Ustad Ahmed Lahori, who was the chief architect of the Taj Mahal was from Lahore, which is in Pakistan!

:lol: Actually its Lahauri, not Lahori. And he was from Persia.

But its not at all certain who was the chief architect of the Taj. Lahauri is just one of the many claimants for that throne.

There was no india and pakistan then. It was bharat. One united south asia or a amalgamation of Prince states.

Finally Pakistanis/Muslims have started to acknowledge their non-islamic past. I hope this time they don't destroy whatever is left of it like they have always done it.

I hope this time they don't destroy whatever is left of it like they have always done it.

Stupid and insulting generalizations like these are not welcome on this forum.

Freedom of speech allowed does not allow you to insult an entire people and faith. :angry:

Last edited:
Stupid and insulting generalizations like these are not welcome on this forum.

Freedom of speech allowed does not allow you to insult an entire people and faith. :angry:

oops - My apologies, if I offended you but that was not the intention. I have reasons for saying what I said. May be you could help me correct my false impressions of Muslim community?

Well it would also be wrong for India to claim those Islamic monuments in India as their sole Legacy...

The Islamic Monuments are achievements of Musulmans, by a Muslim dynasty, they are the legacy of one part of the Muslim Nation, far greater than Hindustan.

Hindus had little role in the construction of these great monuments.

Of all the topics I have read discussions on this forum, I think this topic is easily the most stupid & irr-relevant. Someone seems to have run out of ideas or is simply attempting to stoke a fire.

History belongs to the land where the events took place or the people that were affected by it.

What shall we discuss next ? " Does the wind that blows that over India from the west belong to Pakistan "?

How the hell do you thank someone for a post on this forum? I cant find the right button, i 100% agree with this post

Back
Top Bottom