What's new

Islamic Union

Patriot

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Is it possible to build something like Muslim Union with Islamic States...Islamic Version of Soviet Union..I often hear this idea from a lot of people so i was wondering if it is possible..?The Muslims countries are rich with resources etc.It can become the richest and most strong union ever created..We would have a proper Islamic army, air force, navy.We could liberate Palestine.No western nation will dare to attack it but the question is Can Muslims unite like this or Shia-Sunni divide will not let this happen.Also Indians please don't troll here.

Last edited:
Is it possible to build something like Muslim Union with Islamic States...Islamic Version of Soviet Union..I often hear this idea from a lot of people so i was wondering if it is possible..?The muslims countries are rich with resources etc.It can become the richest and most strong union ever created..We would have a proper islamic army, air force, navy.We could liberate Palestine.No western nation will dare to attack it but the question is Can Muslims unite like this or Shia-Sunni divide will not let this happen.

I guess, all the muslim countries are one, but I doubt if there can be a union, because if you have a union, u must compromise many things , which might be even against international laws and can cause the whole world to turn against you

Is it possible to build something like Muslim Union with Islamic States...Islamic Version of Soviet Union..I often hear this idea from a lot of people so i was wondering if it is possible..?The muslims countries are rich with resources etc.It can become the richest and most strong union ever created..We would have a proper islamic army, air force, navy.We could liberate Palestine.No western nation will dare to attack it but the question is Can Muslims unite like this or Shia-Sunni divide will not let this happen.

Possible, but it wouldn't be the richest nor the strongest union ever. ASEAN, EU, NAFTA, Latin American Union would still be stronger. Even African Union (AU) would probably be stronger.

Nevertheless, it is possible. After all, the AU (African Union) is a current reality and very united. :pakistan:

Possible, but it wouldn't be the richest nor the strongest union ever. ASEAN, EU, NAFTA, Latin American Union would still be stronger. Even African Union (AU) would probably be stronger.

Nevertheless, it is possible. After all, the AU (African Union) is a current reality and very united. :pakistan:
Obviousness it will take time to become strong..It took decades for Soviet Union to become strong.

Its a possibility, but for it to work it must grow...we cant have an Islamic Union overnight.

We have a couple of unions consisting of majority Muslim countries already:

1. Arab League (all Arab countries are Muslim majority)

2. Economic Cooperation Organization (ECO) - (all are Muslim majority countries - Pakistan, Iran, Turkey, all Central Asian countries)

3. ASEAN (Indonesia and Malaysia are the only Muslim majority countries in ASEAN).

4. African Union (Most of these countries are also Muslim majority).

5. The Developing 8 (D-8) (All are Muslim majority countries - Bangladesh, Egypt, Indonesia, Iran, Malaysia, Nigeria, Pakistan, and Turkey).

Now each country belonging to these Unions should strengthen these regional unions and once each Union becomes a success we can combine all these unions into one - an Islamic Union (except ASEAN and African Union, the Muslim majority countries of ASEAN and African Union can join the Islamic Union).

Last edited:
There's an intersting video on this topic:

Last edited by a moderator:
That would be really great.. Would turky be also part of this union.. if yes then i think india can also join this as we have second largest muslim population.. wat you guys think?

That would be really great.. Would turky be also part of this union.. if yes then i think india can also join this as we have second largest muslim population.. wat you guys think?

You only want to join for the benefits, not for the 'cause'. Life is not that easy. You want milk, you've got to make a down-payment for the cow! :hitwall:

Turkey is 98% Muslim population. Do some research on the Ottoman Empire.

:Mod Edit:

Last edited by a moderator:
Well as a muslim, I would intrude here. First of all if you want to call it an Islamic union, is this mandated by the Quran? Does it require us to create this? Is this one of the pillars of Islam? Is it necessary to attain salvation and lead a pious life?
No.

What we are required to do is to be good muslims, set moral examples and have excellent manners and follow principles such as honesty, justice and morality all of which are sorely lacking in muslims as a whole today.

If you go through the approach that getting political power first and that to on the basis of Islam will solve the problem, you are mistaken. The result is MMA and JI type parties and their more extreme versions like TTP and Al-Qaeda.

Is'nt it about time muslims realized that people have only abused religion in the name of politics?

You only want to join for the benefits, not for the 'cause'. Life is not that easy. You want milk, you've got to make a down-payment for the cow! :hitwall:

What is the real cause? or motive for this union? India can join it as observer to uplift minorities in India? Would it not be a noble cause??

Turkey is 98% Muslim population. Do some research on the Ottoman Empire.

:Mod Edit:

oops my mistake... I was thinking Turkey has 50 50 Ration for Muslim and Christian population.. But isn't it true that Turkey is also Secular Country...

Is it possible to build something like Muslim Union with Islamic States...Islamic Version of Soviet Union..I often hear this idea from a lot of people so i was wondering if it is possible..?The Muslims countries are rich with resources etc.It can become the richest and most strong union ever created..We would have a proper Islamic army, air force, navy.We could liberate Palestine.No western nation will dare to attack it but the question is Can Muslims unite like this or Shia-Sunni divide will not let this happen.Also Indians please don't troll here.

Possible but very very very difficult. First we have to become real Muslims(united). There are so many differences in the ideologies.

The idea is not new, read Iqbal he gave the same idea.

I have come across Harun Yahya before and the Islamic Union he proposes is one that will be lead by Turkey. He calls for what is in effect a resurgence of Turkey`s influence in the Middle East and Central Asia similar to that wielded by the Ottoman Empire.

On an interesting note George Friedman book the next 100 years predicts the reemergence of Turkey as a great Muslim reigonal power in the Middle East.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom