What's new

Islamists in Cairo call for Islamic law

A.Rafay

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
CAIRO: More than 1,000 religious people rallied in Cairo on Friday and called for the implementation of sharia Islamic law, highlighting divisions in society as rival factions jostle to shape the new Egypt.
Liberals have locked horns over the role of Islam with religious people who dominate a 100-strong assembly that is drawing up a new constitution, which must be approved in a referendum before a new parliamentary election can be held. “Islamiya, Islamiya,” the protesters chanted in Cairo’s Tahrir Square, the centre of the uprising that toppled Hosni Mubarak who spent 30 years keeping a tight lid on religious groups.
The turnout at Friday’s demonstration was smaller than had been expected after some of the main groups that espouse the ultraconservative Salafi school of Islamic thinking backed out. Some groups said they would demonstrate next Friday. The Muslim Brotherhood, which propelled President Mohammad Morsi to power earlier this year and which takes a less conservative approach, was also not involved in the protest. Unlike many of the rallies since the fall of Mubarak that have packed the square, Friday’s numbers were modest and traffic flowed with relative ease even as the demonstration went on. “No to liberalism, no to secularism, I don’t want anything other than sharia,” the protesters also chanted, some waving black flags emblazoned with Islamic slogans. Drafts of the constitution drawn up by the assembly so far indicate it will have more Islamic references than the previous constitution, worrying more liberal-minded Egyptians and Christians, who make up about a tenth of the nation of 83 million. reuters

Daily Times - Leading News Resource of Pakistan

Islam is okay but only "moderate one", ya the one which is not based on its foundations - aka - fundamentals.
Islam is okay but not the Islamic Law.
Islam is okay without the verses about Jihad.
Islam is okay but not the Islamists.

Islam is okay but learn it from Terrorists.
Terrorists are B?@tards ofcours but they follow 100% Islam.
Terrorists are inhuman but they are our learning resource about Islam.
Terrorists have no relegion but still - Learn Islam from them.

Be afraid, be very very afraid if some Muslim talked about Implementing Islamic Law anywhere, even in his own home-town or council.

GOD D@M these people who malign relegion and preach to learn it from criminals, perpetrators and people who Islam itself identifies as FITNA. DOD D@M those sick minds who hate Islam because of their own political interests and GOD D@M those inhumans who think their version of humanity is the only version which must be accepted by everybody - yes every little body on earth.

USA might be thinking ...without any sincere effort ....another state is making its won graveyard...

Islam is okay but only "moderate one", ya the one which is not based on its foundations - aka - fundamentals.
Islam is okay but not the Islamic Law.
Islam is okay without the verses about Jihad.
Islam is okay but not the Islamists.

Islam is okay but learn it from Terrorists.
Terrorists are B?@tards ofcours but they follow 100% Islam.
Terrorists are inhuman but they are our learning resource about Islam.
Terrorists have no relegion but still - Learn Islam from them.

Be afraid, be very very afraid if some Muslim talked about Implementing Islamic Law anywhere, even in his own home-town or council.

GOD D@M these people who malign relegion and preach to learn it from criminals, perpetrators and people who Islam itself identifies as FITNA. DOD D@M those sick minds who hate Islam because of their own political interests and GOD D@M those inhumans who think their version of humanity is the only version which must be accepted by everybody - yes every little body on earth.

All I wanna say to you is that read Quran with tafseer.

lol why you raging mech ?

CAIRO: More than 1,000 religious people rallied in Cairo on Friday and called for the implementation of sharia Islamic law, highlighting divisions in society as rival factions jostle to shape the new Egypt.
Liberals have locked horns over the role of Islam with religious people who dominate a 100-strong assembly that is drawing up a new constitution, which must be approved in a referendum before a new parliamentary election can be held. “Islamiya, Islamiya,” the protesters chanted in Cairo’s Tahrir Square, the centre of the uprising that toppled Hosni Mubarak who spent 30 years keeping a tight lid on religious groups.
The turnout at Friday’s demonstration was smaller than had been expected after some of the main groups that espouse the ultraconservative Salafi school of Islamic thinking backed out. Some groups said they would demonstrate next Friday. The Muslim Brotherhood, which propelled President Mohammad Morsi to power earlier this year and which takes a less conservative approach, was also not involved in the protest. Unlike many of the rallies since the fall of Mubarak that have packed the square, Friday’s numbers were modest and traffic flowed with relative ease even as the demonstration went on. “No to liberalism, no to secularism, I don’t want anything other than sharia,” the protesters also chanted, some waving black flags emblazoned with Islamic slogans. Drafts of the constitution drawn up by the assembly so far indicate it will have more Islamic references than the previous constitution, worrying more liberal-minded Egyptians and Christians, who make up about a tenth of the nation of 83 million. reuters

Daily Times - Leading News Resource of Pakistan

A 1000 people in a country of 85,000,000 people demanding Islamic law sounds hilarious. Why is that even news ?

Muslim countries don't need Islamic laws as much as they need to educate their people in Science and Technology.

Only solution i see is to split Egypt into two independent countries. One for copts, the other for scum.

Are you trying to claim half of Egypt ?

Sorry, you cannot have the other half of Egypt.

Only solution i see is to split Egypt into two independent countries. One for copts, the other for scum.

:lol:

The more I see your comments , more I become happy. You now from inside are just DESPERATE...DESPERATE for something to happen... Sorry buddy ....but Islam is here to stay Inshallah :cry:

Mech here is your chance..lol

The more I see your comments , more I become happy. You now from inside are just DESPERATE...DESPERATE for something to happen... Sorry buddy ....but Islam is here to stay Inshallah :cry:

Its really sad. its a horrible horrible religion and im genuinely worried about its implications on human development and scientific growth.

We would be more worried about enforcing sharia and deciding on the proper height for skirts than about space exploration or mars missions.

Its really sad. its a horrible horrible religion and im genuinely worried about its implications on human development and scientific growth.

We would be more worried about enforcing sharia and deciding on the proper height for skirts than about space exploration or mars missions.

I know right!!!!! Mech lets do something? How can we destroy Islam? By 2025 , Muslim population of the globe is set reach 2 billion strong! :hitwall: We must do something!!!!!!

I know right!!!!! Mech lets do something? How can we destroy Islam? By 2025 , Muslim population of the globe is set reach 2 billion strong! :hitwall: We must do something!!!!!!

Yes, it will reach 2b so long as you folks reproduce like rabbits on steroids. With limited resources sustaining large families can be a *****. We may even wind up living asimov's short story.

Euthanisation of humans past 50.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom