What's new

Israel Offers Merkava IV Tanks to Colombia

grande launcher will it deal with it as a AT rocket ?
Low speed are ignored.

Turkey can opt for SK XK2 its said to be worlds most advance tank do a TOT with them
Turret side armor is non existant:

xk2_.1337876108.jpg

This what happens when people with no combat experience design tanks :(.

Low speed are ignored.

Turret side armor is non existant:

xk2_.1337876108.jpg

This what happens when people with no combat experience design tanks :(.

What do you mean 'No combat experience'? They have enough experience with Tanks by Upgrading and modifying M48s and Gained enough Know-how and technology from K1 and K1A1 Tanks to built such a beast like K2 more then enough to crush your little merkava like a metal bug. :)

I don't it'll happen: their neighbor Peru also held a competition for tanks and the Merkava was the first one off the list. Don't think the tank is fit for the region. But then again Colombian government is very corrupt, and this looks like a sale Israel would very much like to make.

The Turks were about to buy 1000 Merkava tanks from Israel, for 5 Billion dollars before the relations were cut and all the military contracts were frozen.

It wasn't Merkava but Leopard 2A6EX which Turkey choosed it as the best in Tank-2000 tender but Germany refused to sell. After this refusal, Turkey fully concantrated on development of domestic tank with taking some technological assistance If required and choosed Rotem as assistant country to share their know-how gained from XK-2 program.

The only experience they got is running from noth koreans 60 years ago.

If they had experience they would not design a tank without side armor.

I there any modern tank without side armour?

Well if u think that tin cans are good protection then yes.

I don't see anything wrong with a detachable armor. I don't know much about them, but it's a new experience, and they must have good reasons for it. I don't think manufactuting a regular turrent would be hard for the same people who manufactured the whole tank, a reputable one.

All biases aside, I think Merkava-IV has one of the best designed turret, even better than K-2, Leopard 2A6... I can't know the detail secret informations or other parameters to compare between eachothers but In accordance with the shapes of turrets, It is a revolutionary design.

Merkava4byEdBrighton1.jpg

What do you mean 'No combat experience'? They have enough experience with Tanks by Upgrading and modifying M48s and Gained enough Know-how and technology from K1 and K1A1 Tanks to built such a beast like K2 more then enough to crush your little merkava like a metal bug. :)

Sure.... S.Koreans by weapon from Israel not vica versa, Korean MBT is just beauty a queen, all looks no brain no power...

Got proof those are thin cans and not well protected from the inside?
First of all handles above prove that these are cans designed to store some stuff.
Secondly they are held on twig basket, so cant be heavy.

All biases aside, I think Merkava-IV has one of the best designed turret, even better than K-2, Leopard 2A6... I can't know the detail secret informations or other parameters to compare between eachothers but In accordance with the shapes of turrets, It is a revolutionary design.
Its pleasant to hear, but to be honest Merkava-4 design also has its pros and cons.

Back
Top Bottom